Stupid Storm 03/22/2012 04:41 PM CDT
Central Oregon...we had a big snow storm and I lost power march 21st at 6:00am and finally got it back today march 22nd at around 2:00pm. Missed my quest too. Stupid power company. Think our house was at the end of their "turn on the power" list.
Re: Stupid Storm 03/22/2012 08:00 PM CDT
What defines "big"?

We got a light dusting here in Hillsboro, and people flipped out. I giggled a little (being from St. Louis), so I just have to know what big snow storm means to the central part of the state.

Looking at the weather reports, its listing Bend has having 67 inches right now. That can't be right can it? :fret:

_______
Want to be a Necromancer? Use this flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart
Re: Stupid Storm 03/22/2012 11:33 PM CDT
Well, tis "big" for this area at least. And yes, we got a bit more than Hillsboro. Since I hadn't had power, I not sure what the offical result was...but the news around town was 11 inches. Its only "big" because about 12,000 people lost power due to the snow. I not sure on how Bend faired. But yes, in terms of the rest of the country, wasn't "big". Most snow we ever had this "winter" season and its Spring. But 32 hrs without power, sucks. Not as bad as being 8 days without power when I was in Kentucky during an ice storm they had.