Clemency 12/04/2005 11:14 AM CST
Okay, when are we meeting up for a brewskie?

Kerrian Runegazer
~Sentiment without action is the death of the soul~ Edward Abbey
Clemency 12/18/2005 05:46 PM CST
Looks like winter has officially arrived in Portland. EEYUCK!!!!

Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Clemency 12/18/2005 08:29 PM CST
I'd kill for a good ol' fashioned Oregon winter right about now.

Rev. Reene, player of a few

Reene: hey you should play this with me
Zairius: last time I fell for that line
Zairius: I ended up in DR
Re: Clemency 12/18/2005 10:55 PM CST
Have at! I thought I'd left this junk behind when I moved from Indy 7 weeks ago. :-(

Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 03:26 AM CST
LOL. I live about 30 minutes north of Portland. My camellia bush bloomed today. ::ponders::

Lucymarie
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 03:54 AM CST
I forgot that there was Oregon north of Portland :)

-Durnil
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 04:04 AM CST
A lot of people don't seem to know there is a lot of Oregon south of Portland, too :(

"Yeah I live in Oregon." "Oh wow how's Portland this time of year?" "...I wouldn't know, I live four hours away." ><

Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 10:09 AM CST
I think they call the Oregon north of Portland Washington state. At least, on this side of the Columbia they do <g>. I live just SW of Mt. St. Helens about 6 blocks from I-5.

I'm getting a little worried about my camellia bush. :( It now has 3 blooms fully opened and it's loaded with buds. It's not supposed to bloom till April. This does not bode well. I have a stinking suspicion that we are in for some more really cold icky weather.

Four hours from Portland? Isn't Eugene 4 hours from Portland? Or are you east of Mt. Hood or on the coast? I always wanted to move to Bend. I don't ski anymore but I love the town there. Medford is too hot. Astoria is a neat little town but too wet. I LOVE Cannon Beach but can't afford it LOL.

I have the same problem here. When I tell people I live in Washington state they automatically assume I live in Seattle. Now, I have lived in Seattle before but I prefer it down here in the banana belt of SW Washington. heheh Although, I was a bit jealous when Branwen said they had lots of snow in Olympia and my sister calls and tells me it's snowing in Portland... HEY... we got not a single flake! It's so totally unfair!

Lucymarie
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 11:23 AM CST
<<A lot of people don't seem to know there is a lot of Oregon south of Portland, too :(>>

Well aren't there like... All of seven people in Oregon but not in Portland?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"That is why I have chosen DR and stayed with it for 2-6 years. Time is confusing to me." -Aiwix

PS: Oh my god they're called IMs. They're not pigeons. Nor are they pidgeons or pidgions or pidgins.
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 12:01 PM CST
I prefer not living in or near Seattle myself. Love Washington state but I prefer to just run in and get things or visit Seattle when I'm in the mood. Peace and quiet are a must and the way they drive in Seattle is a pain in the ass.
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 01:16 PM CST
>> Well aren't there like... All of seven people in Oregon but not in Portland?

The tourist trap of 7,000 people I used to live in says otherwise. :P Florence, home of the exploding whale and the annual Rhododendron Festival.

It's right on the coast about an hour's drive from Eugene. Unfortunately, being that far from Portland doesn't really seem to matter very much as everyone in the bloody state decides to come to Florence for the Rhody festival once a year anyway.

I miss it so bad right now too, it's pathetic. An Oregonian in California...well I don't get along very well out here in the desert, the ways and beliefs of the people are strange and foreign to me...

Me: "So where are all the trees? You guys don't seem to have trees out here."
Tyln: "Uhh...we have plenty of trees. Those things out in the desert there are Joshua trees."
Me: "...that is not a tree, that is a very confused cactus."

Such is life now.

Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 01:30 PM CST
>I think they call the Oregon north of Portland Washington state.

Directly north, yup. Apparently (and this is sadly news to me, a Washington native) there's more Oregon to the northwest of Portland.

-Durnil
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 04:34 PM CST
>>there's more Oregon to the northwest of Portland

Yeah and they are already planning on how to secure that area from the sight seers when they go to implode the Trojan plant's cooling tower in May LOL. Read all about it in the paper last night. I heard they are hiring the same company that imploded the Kingdome.

>>Me: "...that is not a tree, that is a very confused cactus."

HEY...if you were that old, you'd be confused, too! Just think, trees with alzheimers.

I do understand your predicament, though. I grew up in Nevada and had to spend a week every summer in Olancha, CA ::shudder:: When we first moved to WA state, I asked my parents "Wow! what's with all the fat, pale skinned people here?" Two years of rain later I found out. <g>

Lucymarie
Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 04:51 PM CST
>> When we first moved to WA state, I asked my parents "Wow! what's with all the fat, pale skinned people here?" Two years of rain later I found out. <g>

Ahahaha oh god that's so sad.

Meanwhile all us Oregon yuppies keep ourselves thin by eating nothing but bean curds and other assorted health foods. At least that's the hippie stereotype...you do meet a lot of skinny potheads around Eugene.

Re: Clemency 01/05/2006 09:07 PM CST
>imploded the Kingdome.

I was there. It was cool :)

-Durnil
Re: Clemency 01/06/2006 10:18 PM CST
>you do meet a lot of skinny potheads around Eugene.

The constant rioting and rallying help to keep one slim too, hehe.

I'll never forget that one magical Fall night when a deadbeat ex of mine got arrested for being in the midst of a really destructive UO riot. He didn't actually participate but he was too slow to run for it when the cops showed up, and thus spent the night in jail. I miss Eugene sometimes... ::wry grin::

- Telein Ar'Ciele -