Coffee 11/19/2005 06:56 PM CST
I'm so weak. I finally succumbed to my first coffee after living in Portland for two weeks. I don't LIKE coffee! This place just does something to ya.......

~Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Coffee 11/19/2005 07:16 PM CST
Coffee is a gateway drug. You're in for some dark times.

:oP Ragran
Re: Coffee 11/19/2005 08:07 PM CST
>You're in for some dark times.

Quite punny

-Durnil
Re: Coffee 11/19/2005 09:17 PM CST
I miss coffee.:sigh: I cant drink it anymore, might be an age thing and to much coffee over the years. Anyhow anytime I drink it now It bothers the hell out of my stomach and nothing else really does. So I had to change to teas. :sigh:

Jim

"Arrogance:
The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well, too."
Re: Coffee 11/19/2005 11:28 PM CST
See sig line.

Amagaim; the player of,

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 07:33 AM CST
When I lived in Virginia, I drank the occasional coffee in the morning, When I moved to Seattle I swore I would never set foot in a Starbucks. Well, an ex of mine got me a starbucks drink one time and...well...I now goto starbucks quite regularly. Gotta have my double tall white chocolate raspberry mocha. $4.32 each. Im glad I make a decent wage. They'd break me real fast otherwise.

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe

"Trick us again child and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell"

Pinhead-Hellraiser II: Hellbound
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 09:08 AM CST
::sniffles:: I miss good coffee.... I remember coffee shacks....one on almost every corner of Spokane. Coffee that actually woke you up, where when you ordered a mocha ameretto quad shot the people did look at you stupidly and ask "What's that?" ::Sniffles yet again:: I miss home.
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 09:28 AM CST
I hate convenience coffee.

DD - too weak, they did everyone a favor when they offered expresso shots.
Charbucks - Name says it all. Burnt coffee and the fact that I cannot bring myself to say 'viente'.
Au bon Pain - PAIN.

Any flavored coffee just makes me laugh. Its right up there with umbrella drinks. I fresh brew a thermos in the morning: cost; about 2 bucks/day.

I would be shunned in Seattle.

Reporting is futile, you will be assimilated.
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 10:54 AM CST
I had a mocha. I said, "What's good that doesn't take too much like coffee?" LOL, they looked at me like I'd grown another head, of course. It was tasty enough.

This was at Peet's in Portland, nice place.

~Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 12:03 PM CST
I used to spend more in mochas than I used to spend in beer when I was in college, now that's sad.

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Staan Grimis
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 01:37 PM CST
Does anyone agree that Duncan Donuts coffee is piss water? Or am I the only sane person in a crazy world?

Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 01:40 PM CST
>>Does anyone agree that Duncan Donuts coffee is piss water? Or am I the only sane person in a crazy world?

I have never tried DD coffee, but I do like their hot chocolate. I don't like Starbucks hot chocolate.

Then again, take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I used to love the Swiss Miss hot chocolate...

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 01:47 PM CST
>>Does anyone agree that Duncan Donuts coffee is piss water? Or am I the only sane person in a crazy world?

I have never tried DD coffee, but I do like their hot chocolate. I don't like Starbucks hot chocolate.

DD coffee is crap. I agree on the whole hot chocolate thing though. When I was pregnant I craved it constantly 'cause i wasn't supposed to drink coffee. (After 3 months without coffee I caved and let myself have 1 cup a day. lol. I'm a java junkie)
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 01:50 PM CST
Swiss Miss is great. I wish i'd taken the time at some point in my life to try some real hot chocolate...the kind with real chocolate?

And Starbucks is only good for one thing: picking up healthy women. Don't wanna go to a bar everynight? Go to Starbucks with a book. Turns out some women are interested in healthy men...who'duh thought.

Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 01:58 PM CST

I havent seen a Duncan Donuts since I left virginia, loved thier donuts, thier coffee I wouldnt touch.

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe

"Trick us again child and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell"

Pinhead-Hellraiser II: Hellbound
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 02:12 PM CST
DD coffee is to water what flight is to a bird. Part and parcel of the greater whole.

Bar-schmucks coffee is second-hand swill with a good marketing program. Trust me on this.

C-store coffee... Well, some are somewhat okay. Found by much trial and error that the best emergency-help-i-need-coffee-now-or-else-you-die-by-my-hand coffee tends to come from corporate-owned BPs. Trust me, when you spend over a year driving taxi, you learn these things.

But when at home, I tend to grind my own beans. Either from Silver Canyon Coffee or Peaberry's. Always the Deep Snow or The Fort blends from SC, and always the Dark French Costa Rica from Peaberry's.

15 bucks a month for coffee at home? Not bad.

Amagaim; the player of,

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 02:37 PM CST
The best coffee i had was in Koln...

(This Is Not) Mrrar

Out of Context Theatre
"Shaved head, but in a good way."--Ragran
"Their number is negligible and they are stupid."--Eisenhower
~~Join The Fallen!~~ (So you don't bother me >:o )
Re: Coffee 11/20/2005 02:47 PM CST
Bustello!

Re: Coffee 11/21/2005 10:33 AM CST
Kona coffee is just about the best coffee out there. I might hit starbucks once every 3 weeks if I forget to get the coffee pot ready the night before. I pick up the fresh roasted stuff usually from costco, which is pretty cheap and tastes pretty damned good.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Coffee 11/21/2005 06:45 PM CST
Working at Starbucks, I often get to grab a half pound of freshly roasted coffee here and there when there's an excess in the roasting plant. It's great stuff, there's a world of difference between sealed pounds of French Roast and freshly-roasted.

-Durnil
Re: Coffee 11/24/2005 08:50 AM CST
There can not be a discussion of coffee in the West Coast folders without mentioning the source of delight for many, at least here in northern CA-

~Peets~

Sylantra
C5- more explosive than C4
Re: Coffee 11/26/2005 05:27 AM CST
>~Peets~

That's where I had the mocha that started this thread. ; ) It was nummy.

~Kerrian Runegazer