Prev_page Previous 1
Portland 11/11/2005 08:28 PM CST
Just moved to Portland. Anyone else here? :-)

~Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Portland 11/12/2005 05:47 PM CST
I live in Beaverton, if that counts? =)

I know there's a couple other DR players in town too, though I've never met them in game or out, so I don't recall who they are exactly. In a broader scope, one of my best friends lives in Eugene, and I keep trying to persuade Tykyra to give up on Seattle but those Washingtonians are a stubborn lot.

At any rate, welcome to Portland!

- Telein Ar'Ciele -
Re: Portland 11/12/2005 06:43 PM CST
Furry, I thought I told you. I already lived in Portland, before I moved to Seattle. I don't like it there. I'll come visit, but I won't live there. Besides, I think there are more of us up here then down there. So you need to come up here.

~Tykyra~

Gavyn spins around, frolicking like a beautiful pixie. Has he been in the samatak?
Re: Portland 11/15/2005 08:27 AM CST
>I don't like it there.

Awww...how come?? Seriously, it would be great for us all to get together. I haven't been to Seattle yet, certainly wouldn't mind going to visit.

~Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Portland 11/15/2005 08:39 AM CST
This is going to be the first year in a while I have not been up to either Eugene or Portland. Eugene is my home town. I kind of miss it up there. I think I might move up there again soon, probably to portland though.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Portland 11/15/2005 02:05 PM CST
I can't really explain why I don't like Portland. I just don't. Never have. It -might- be because as a child I spent many, many summers around the Seattle area so I have fond memories and feelings attached to the area and don't with Portland. I do remember always thinking that Portland looks dingy and dirty, it -might- be that as well. But then, Seattle does to, I just don't always think about that living here.

But just because I don't like living there doesn't mean I wouldn't be up to going for a visit. There are some pretty cool brew pubs.

~Tykyra~

Gavyn spins around, frolicking like a beautiful pixie. Has he been in the samatak?
Moving to Portland! 06/26/2006 11:11 AM CDT
Time for me to switch my "Outside Elanthia" topic! After living in the St. Louis area for most of my life, I'm picking up at moving out to Portland, OR. For most of July and the first couple weeks of August, a friend of mine who also plays DR will be there with me. So who else lives in this area?
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/26/2006 04:09 PM CDT
Why Portland?
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/26/2006 04:29 PM CDT
Cause that's where Lewis and Clark law school is. Plus it's freakin pretty.
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/26/2006 07:40 PM CDT
Why does no one ever move to Sacramento?

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Portland OR... 06/26/2006 10:47 PM CDT

Portland is the most amazing, bike friendly, green, eco-concious, tree hugging, dog loving city ever to be listed as one of the most polluted Superfund sites in the US...welcome! I have lived in Portland all my life outside of military service, and it is incredible. Lewis and Clark is a superb college choice, fire an email to my play.net address and maybe I will buy you a coffee on Hawthorne sometime.

-R&D

As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living! So we all sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep.
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 12:44 AM CDT
<<Why does no one ever move to Sacramento?>>

Because it's Sacramento.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 05:59 AM CDT
>><<Why does no one ever move to Sacramento?>>

>>Because it's Sacramento.

There's some really nice area around Sacramento, my parents just moved to Magalia which is actually up by Chico and it's really beautiful. My brother lives in a suburb of Sacramento and it's really nice out there as well.

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 08:49 AM CDT
I know exactly where Magalia is, my older brother and grandparents live in Paradise. I visit there quite frequently. I will also be in Rancho Cordova this coming weekend. Might even stop by and beat up the Falker well, say hi, depending on my time situation.

Arctuniol

Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 10:19 AM CDT
<<There's some really nice area around Sacramento, my parents just moved to Magalia which is actually up by Chico and it's really beautiful. My brother lives in a suburb of Sacramento and it's really nice out there as well.>>

Can't a So. Cal'er get a knock in on you northerners? =)

-Chakram

Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 01:15 PM CDT
>>Can't a So. Cal'er get a knock in on you northerners? =)

-Chakram<<

Sure... give us back our water and knock all ya want ;-)

Oh and keep the parks open for us when we come down too...

Me 'n Him
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 02:07 PM CDT
Wheres Portland? Move to Seattle!

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe

"Trick us again child and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell"

Pinhead-Hellraiser II: Hellbound
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 02:14 PM CDT
<<Sure... give us back our water and knock all ya want ;-)

Oh and keep the parks open for us when we come down too...>>

What are these parks you speak of? Please explain.

-Chakram

Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 02:26 PM CDT
>>>Oh and keep the parks open for us when we come down too...>>>>

Trying, it's some rep from Wisconsin or some state near there that's trying to close one of our parks.

Dan
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 03:46 PM CDT
>>Sure... give us back our water and knock all ya want ;-)

HAHAHA This is exactly what I was thinking. My wife is from SoCal and I always give her a hard time about taking my water.

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/27/2006 06:16 PM CDT
<<Oh and keep the parks open for us when we come down too...>>

He's just sore because one weekend we were down that way he wanted to go to Magic Mountain and it was closed.

~the player of a halfling, an elf and a human

"I have seen better conflicts from my 4 year old son and a stuffed animal that can't respond."- Arctuniol

"There is no absolute truth in the world for every group of people."
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/28/2006 01:06 PM CDT

I'm moving from So Cal to near Portland in mid July. Partly because it is cheaper, the area is beautiful, and its less crowded among other reasons. I don't know many people in the area and it would be nice to know a few DR people near :o)

Player of
Crystell, Warzen, Vanthala and too many others
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/28/2006 02:47 PM CDT
Heh yeah... I know SoCal would not know 'parks' as in green areas

Was talking about 'parks' as in places to spend too much money with thousands of others... And yes after that damn drive Magic Mountain should have been open!!!! Knotts <shudder> was such a let down after the long drive back.

SoCal, a playland for the rest of us!

Me not Him this time
Re: Moving to Portland! 06/29/2006 02:37 PM CDT
<<Was talking about 'parks' as in places to spend too much money with thousands of others... And yes after that damn drive Magic Mountain should have been open!!!! Knotts <shudder> was such a let down after the long drive back.>>

Hey Knott's isn't too bad. Although I have to admit I'm biased since I love the Chicken House. But they did open up a new coaster, Silver Bullet which is really nice, and the Halloween Haunts they have are pretty good too.

-Chakram

Re: Moving to Portland! 06/30/2006 07:15 PM CDT
>What are these parks you speak of? Please explain.

>-Chakram

I think he means golf courses. That's the only green I see from the freeway -- other than smog, of course.

Love,

Father Ainandil, Cleric of Saemaus

>Ainandil does the shtick schlapping dance.
Re: Moving to Portland! 07/01/2006 03:33 AM CDT

I appreciate how virtually every discussion that begins in this folder degenerates into a discussion about theme parks, how much California blows and Strongbad emails...in that order.

California! Love it or leave it! ( but dont come to Oregon...thanks. :)

As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living! So we all sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep.
Any Portlanders out there? 12/31/2006 08:57 PM CST
Livin' the life in Portland, Oregon. Anyone else out there?

Tenhatsu
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 12/31/2006 11:15 PM CST
I wish I still lived near Portland. :(

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/01/2007 09:56 AM CST
Where are you now?

I moved here November of '05. Really like it. I'm a born and raised Midwesterner.

Tenhatsu
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/01/2007 01:50 PM CST
Hooray for midwest transplants to Portland! I moved here this summer.

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://home.earthlink.net/~empathicshifting/
Simply enchanting dahling! (note: Please send all orders to my play.net)
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1o6qk/circleoftheserpent/id5.html
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/01/2007 02:38 PM CST
>Hooray for midwest transplants to Portland! I moved here this summer.

WOOT! I moved from Indianapolis in 11/05. What do you think so far?
Portland 01/01/2007 03:57 PM CST
Lived in and around Portland since finishing my military service a few years back. It's a great place to live.

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/01/2007 06:50 PM CST
I love it here. For the first time ever, I'm not freezing my ass off in the winter. The people are super nice, and the weather in the summer is heavenly. The one thing I miss is Waffle House.

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://home.earthlink.net/~empathicshifting/
Simply enchanting dahling! (note: Please send all orders to my play.net)
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1o6qk/circleoftheserpent/id5.html
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/01/2007 09:08 PM CST
Waffle House, absolutely! ; )

Last winter we had twice as much rain as usual so this one has been great so far. And this last summer was my first one and yes...wonderful! Goodbye 110 degree heat index!
Re: Portland 01/01/2007 09:08 PM CST
Great! Good to see another Portlander here.
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/02/2007 06:00 AM CST
I moved from Oregon to the Antelope Valley in Southern California about a year and a half ago now.

I miss Oregon every single day. Going to sleep during the winter just isn't the same without rain or hail pounding down on the roof. The temperature was also much milder overall.

You Portlanders are lucky ducks!

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/02/2007 11:36 AM CST
About 15 miles south of Portland in Wilsonville :0)

Crystell's Player
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/02/2007 12:07 PM CST
I am originally from Oregon, Eugene to be exact, I have family in Portland I vist, does that count?

Arctuniol

Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/02/2007 10:24 PM CST
>About 15 miles south of Portland in Wilsonville

Work for Xerox or Nike? ; )
Re: Any Portlanders out there? 01/02/2007 10:24 PM CST
>does that count?

Yep, you get in on the "family clause".
Prev_page Previous 1