Cool story I ran across 04/09/2008 11:04 AM CDT
This is so cool, I thought I would share. I don't know the people involved. It's just nice to know this sort of thing goes on in the world too.

Fast action saves teen's life at school
By Joey Bunch
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/09/2008 08:40:51 AM MDT

A lot had to happen to keep Standley Lake High student Lindsay Hayden alive on Monday, and everything worked to perfection.

Lindsey, a 17-year-old senior, collapsed during class, slumping from her chair.

Classmate Cameron Durand knew CPR, and he didn't hesitate; Lindsey wasn't breathing.

While he started CPR, their teacher called for help and school resource officer Dan Mayer came running, while the teacher dialed 9-1-1.

Cameron told the officer Lindsey didn't have a pulse. Jennifer Washington, another school staff member, came to help and the three took turns giving Lindsey CPR for the next three minutes, trying in vain to revive her.

And that's when the last member of the Standley High family helped out.

On the first day of fall classes in 2006, 16-year-old Dan Lunger, a popular athlete and classmate, collapsed and died from heart failure on campus. His family bought a defibrillator last year that the school keeps in the lobby.

When it arrived in the classroom, Mayer jolted Lindsey once with no response, but the second one brought her back.

The Westminster Fire Department arrived and took over, until Lindsey was rushed to Good Samaritan Hospital in Lafayette, then transferred to The Children's Hospital in Aurora.

She is in stable condition, and on Tuesday she and her mother, Laurie, called the school to thank Lindsey's rescuers.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8862263?source=rss

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: Cool story I ran across 04/09/2008 10:22 PM CDT
thanks for sharing that :)