Gonna be in Boulder 09/27/2007 12:45 PM CDT
Most likely for the entire weekend. If anyone is around that neck of the woods and would like to meet up for a cup of coffee and just BS about DR for a night, give us a shout.

jimi and cathe
___
~Ternith Sjomah
Order of the Theren Guard

The best weapon in the game isn't the sharpest. It isn't the one with the best construction. Its the one that you like well enough to take out of your sheath and use on a regular basis.
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/27/2007 03:21 PM CDT
Colorado is gorgeous. I lived out there in "94". We tooled through Boulder just for giggles. We ended up settling in the foot hills of Fort Collins which is just north of Boulder past Loveland.

I've got my eyes set on Colorado for when I retire.

~ $0.02

'When someone pushes your buttons, you're acknowledging what you have disowned.' -Dr. John Martini
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/27/2007 11:56 PM CDT
If you decide to wander down Denver way, drop me an email. I know all the good spots for coffee.

Or Saturday afternoon on Pearl Street could work in a pinch.

Amagaim; the player of,

I divide my time as follows: half the time I sleep, the other half I dream. I never dream when I sleep, for that would be a pity, for sleeping is the highest accomplishment of genius.
--- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/28/2007 01:02 PM CDT
Wow... a few more names that I recognize than I thought live around here. I would like to catch that cup of coffee but I got stuck working some really crappy shifts all weekend.

Hanging out right in the middle of you all in Longmont --
Player of a recluse
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/28/2007 01:20 PM CDT
Well we are gonna be in our work truck, about a 32 footer. I'll drop you an email as I'm pretty sure we are gonna end up at the Travel Center on I-70 there at Quebec Street. If nothing else if you know of a good place for coffee and I can get an address, we can always ring for a cab.

Be good to meet'cha.
___
~Ternith Sjomah

The best weapon in the game isn't the sharpest. It isn't the one with the best construction. Its the one that you like well enough to take out of your sheath and use on a regular basis.
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/28/2007 01:30 PM CDT
Well crappy shifts don't mean much. We make our living driving trucks so we are use to being out and about at all hours of day or night.

___
~Ternith Sjomah

Re: Gonna be in Boulder 09/28/2007 04:13 PM CDT
Dude, it must have been a while since you've been in the old Stapleton area. Folks went crazy with tinkertoys over the last few years.

There's a whole open-air mall in up there in Stapleton North right now. No need for cabs, just a 5 minute walk.

(Anyways, even Starbucks has better coffee than that Travel Center up on Quebec. Bleh. I'd say it was dishwater, but they put too many dishes into it to qualify.)

I'll toss my phone number at your email address as well. Maybe we can talk after I get back from running some errands.

Amagaim; the player of,

I divide my time as follows: half the time I sleep, the other half I dream. I never dream when I sleep, for that would be a pity, for sleeping is the highest accomplishment of genius.
--- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 10/03/2007 08:14 AM CDT
Dang. Boulder is really close to where I live. Sadly, I'm deployed right now. I've never met another DR player in person, except my brother. One of these days I'll make it to a VegasCon or a SimuCon. Or maybe I'll just hit up this folder when I get back to the states.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>They made Lord of the Rings in a shorter timeline than Simu system development operates on. ~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 10/09/2007 08:12 AM CDT
First and foremost thank you for your service. Second we drive trucks for a living so we get around this great nation quite a bit. When you get back from your tour, do give us a shout and hopefully the next time we are in Boulder it won't be like the bad luck we had in getting dispatched a few hours before we were suppose to actually meet up with Amagaim. BTW terrible luck that bro, but we'll have to get together to paint the town red next time we are that way and just skip the cup of joe.

jimi
___
~Ternith Sjomah

Re: Gonna be in Boulder 10/09/2007 08:27 AM CDT
>thank you for your service.

You're welcome, I suppose. I run the post office here on my small little base, so I know how important it is for soldier's to have support from home. In return, I'd like to thank you for your support.

>When you get back from your tour, do give us a shout and hopefully the next time we are in Boulder it won't be like the bad luck we had

Will do. Not sure how often you pass through, but I should be back in the area around the end of February.

I think the most difficult thing here is the lack of reliable internet. I can't hunt effectively because the lag can be pretty crazy. No hunting means no leveling for everybody but my Empath and my Moon Mage, though they both train combats as well.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>They made Lord of the Rings in a shorter timeline than Simu system development operates on. ~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth
Re: Gonna be in Boulder 10/09/2007 11:00 PM CDT
>>>BTW terrible luck that bro, but we'll have to get together to paint the town red next time we are that way and just skip the cup of joe.

Heh. No worries, pal. I spent some time driving for a living, although not nearly on such a scale as yours, and I know that when the money calls, you just gotta go answer.

(It gets really tough when you have a choice between making money and making something else with that cute redhead that just climbed into the back of your taxi. I did what just about every single male with a pulse would. Which was, of course, the red-head, and I worked late that morning to make up lost profits. We all gots priorities.)

And as you could assume by that former profession of mine, I know ALL the good watering holes here in Hick's Cowtown. (NOTE: The mayor of Denver is Hickenlooper.) And, unfortunately, most of the pathetic ones as well. So pull in on a Friday some time, and we'll run around and see how many names of how many bartenders I still remember.

Amagaim; the player of,

The whole of nature is a conjugation of the verb to eat, in the active and the passive.
--- William Ralph Inge