State of Emergency 12/20/2006 03:59 PM CST
This may not be the right place to post this. Just an FYI:
"State of Emergency

DENVER - A powerful blizzard paralyzed much of Colorado Wednesday, closing Denver International Airport and prompting Governor Owens to declare a state of emergency."

The national guard has been activated and the red cross is opening shelters.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/

____
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 04:12 PM CST
We have a real life folder.

Also, it's Colorado. Duh.

~Dulcinia

Kadru exclaims, "Nimmi has crazy eyes!"

Haha. Dulci thinks men can reach maturity... --Rayje

I dunno just seems like every woman just hisses when your name is mentioned... --Anonymous
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 04:19 PM CST
Oh no! Not Colorado!

~~~!
"I'm a mans man, you know what I mean? I wrestle grizzly bears and drink alot of beer, and beat women when the need arises."
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 04:20 PM CST
Way to go, folks.

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
Do you have the latest version of Reckus or Reckus NB? Newest update:11/29/2006
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 04:54 PM CST
As long as the storm doesn't hit St. Louis all is right with the world (Elanthian world, at least). I have learned to check the weather radar for St. Louis before I go hunting.
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 04:59 PM CST
pwnz on hippies?

"I'm a mans man, you know what I mean? I wrestle grizzly bears and drink alot of beer, and beat women when the need arises."
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 06:58 PM CST
Actually, though the state of emergency was declared just in Colorado, the storm is hitting Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and Texas.

Be careful who ever is out there traveling and have a safe Christmas.

_____
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 08:24 PM CST
Is Denver near St. Louis?

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid ...
Proud supporter of the Southern Tenant Farmer's Union

Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 08:30 PM CST
This can only mean one thing...

Allen Iverson will not miss his first game as part of the Denver Nugget.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Do you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No, I have a life!" (SP, episode 8, season 10)
Re: State of Emergency 12/20/2006 08:58 PM CST
>>Actually, though the state of emergency was declared just in Colorado, the storm is hitting Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and Texas.

Out of all those I'll pray for Texas ...

... to be missing when I wake up! See ya, Jason!

Re: State of Emergency 12/21/2006 05:04 AM CST
Only 2 feet here. Nothing too major, just as long as you stay inside and don't venture out into the great frozen tundra of central Colorado.

Of course, when I actually did venture outside, all I could do was start asking myself, "So. Dude. Exactly WHY did we leave sunny southern California again?"

But I do that every time it snows heavily, so that's nothing new.

Amagaim; the player of,

>Daerri draws forth a log labeled with the words "HeadOn!".
>Daerri says to you, "Apply directly to forehead."
Re: State of Emergency 12/21/2006 10:23 AM CST
AND...it only does this like once a winter. Its actually pretty nice, It gives me time to play DR!...

Xand
Re: State of Emergency 12/21/2006 03:52 PM CST
>>Is Denver near St. Louis?

Yep, in a 1000-mile sort of way. It's one of our outermost suburbs, but the Metro doesn't yet serve that area.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: State of Emergency 12/21/2006 11:33 PM CST
The sun came out finally this evening and the snow stopped a bit before that. I had fallen asleep though in the quiet of a city with no cars moving. The drifts covered my windows on the north side to the roof. Officially it was 28.5 inches where I live. Somewhere out there there is a snow drift that is my car.

______
Re: State of Emergency 12/22/2006 08:20 AM CST
I still think fondly of about 3 or 4 years ago when we had 30 inches along the Front Range. Now I live in Texas we got a dusting a couple days ago while you were getting hammered. A few weeks before that we got maybe 4 inches. It sucks.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: State of Emergency 12/22/2006 07:27 PM CST
I heard some in the area got 36 inches. I'm not sure what the final as for my area. It was close to record books.

My car has been found. I was able to go get food again and am no longer having to live on rice and tea.

Coffee is brewing again and all is well.
___
Re: State of Emergency 12/22/2006 10:49 PM CST
I'm glad you have coffee now. Thanks for the nasty email! <333

~Dulcinia

I dunno just seems like every woman just hisses when your name is mentioned... --Anonymous
Re: State of Emergency 12/23/2006 06:18 PM CST
Any time dear heart. You dish it, I'll send it back. But generally it does not need to be done here.

As I said in the email, I do hope that the heads up did reach those that might not have otherwise known what was going on. I'm hoping your demanding this thread get moved to where no one would see it that did not already know about the storm did not prevent the purpose of the post.

As the news picked up the story shortly after I posted though, I'm sure most that could benefit got the message.

In case you missed it, this storm was close to a record breaker and was considered news worthy. Lots of people were stranded at the airport.

As to why I posted, some of us that play games do actually care about other human beings.

____
Re: State of Emergency 12/23/2006 10:07 PM CST
I'm not too demanding, and I'm sure that most folks don't get their news from DR message boards. Dearheart. <333

~Dulcinia

Re: State of Emergency 12/24/2006 07:40 AM CST
>>As to why I posted, some of us that play games do actually care about other human beings.

Unlike you love muffin, Dulci is quite compassionate about other people. You sir tend to come off as condescending and pompous all the time. People that live in glass houses...

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: State of Emergency 12/24/2006 08:55 AM CST
<<most folks don't get their news from DR message boards>>

Actually, I got a lot of information that I hadn't heard from this thread. I'm in Indiana doing some training with the military, and it affected a lot of my unit's Christmas leave. Would have been nice if I had been able to check the boards sooner. ;)

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
(Petitioning for Last Names for Elanthians of not so olde)
Re: State of Emergency 12/24/2006 10:26 AM CST
I refuse to watch the news because it's depressing. (That and I no longer get local channels) So if it hadn't been for this thread I'd have had no clue what was going on.

River

Hello, my name is xxxx and I'm here for the meeting of Scripters Anonymous.
Re: State of Emergency :Nudge: 12/24/2006 12:30 PM CST
Please stay on topic and keep the conflicts in the appropriate folder.

Please email any questions to me (MOD-Lirionic@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thank you.

-Lirionic
Re: State of Emergency :Nudge: 12/26/2006 06:43 PM CST
<<As long as the storm doesn't hit St. Louis all is right with the world (Elanthian world, at least). I have learned to check the weather radar for St. Louis before I go hunting. >>

There has got to be a redneck/geek joke in there somewhere....

Robo

P.S. Im just mad I didnt think of that trick first....

A dust bunny furtively tugs a label from Niteshiver's clothing that reads, "Closet Conservative".