Lunch on Monday 12/17/2005 12:30 PM CST
Alrighty, we have three choices for lunch this Monday (19 Dec).

Wynkoop
Champ's (south side of Denver)
Dave and Buster's

I can make it from 1:30 to 3:30.

Vote on which place you want to go to, and I will finalize the place tomorrow night.

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.

GM XXXXXX "Well, we can't please everyone."

You say, "True, but that is no reason not to try."
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/17/2005 02:04 PM CST
Damn. I have to work Monday at 2:15 out here in Aurora. And not even the infamous Route 15 can get me back before then.

Bleargh.

Was hoping to meet some of you folks, but my days off are Wednesday and Thursday this week. Well, I also have Sunday off, but that's already being taken up by a trip up to Fort Collins with my roommate's family. And also my store closes at 6 on Saturday, so I'd have the post-7:30 times available...

[insert random and eloquent vulgarity regarding the vagueness of retail employment here]

Really wish my manager had been able to get the schedule up earlier. But if I could go, I'd definately say Wynkoop. But as I cannot attend, does my vote really count? Talk about questions of political existentialism...

Meh. That's it for today. I have to go out into that evil floating white stuff now, the only benefit to which is that I don't have to do any of the external maintenance chores. On the other hand, it's still too damn cold for this desert-bred boy and people with snow on their shoes can make an unholy mess of my floor all night long.

But in the spirit of Trebber's sig-line, if someone wants to meet up on Wednesday or Saturday night, drop me a mail (Fat chance for Saturday night, but I'm going to be bored out of my skull then unless I can get a monitor this week, so the optimist in me is hoping for someone else to be bored out of their skulls.) and I'll see if I still have any connections in the LoDo night scene. (Probably not, as it's been a couple of years since I was mid-calf-deep in things.)

Amagaim; the player of; who seriously needs a career change,

AAAAARGH!!!!

Bad ... gothic ... LiveJournal poetry ...
sucking out ... will to ... live! Making me ...
talk ... like ... William Shatner!

--- http://www.bluecrashkit.com
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/17/2005 02:22 PM CST
Like today saturday or next saturday, I am free today and might be able to contact Elec and his GF, see what they are doing.

My friend is a bouncer at a bar in Aurora so maybe we can go there if its today.

Evasion Junkie Algion
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/17/2005 11:29 PM CST
Whoops. Sorry I wasn't more specific. I meant next Saturday, AKA Christmas Eve, not today. Just got off work a few minutes ago.

Mea culpa Algion.

Amagaim; the player of,

AAAAARGH!!!!

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/18/2005 12:42 PM CST
No fault of yours... should try to get to the lunch tomorrow though.

Evasion Junkie Algion
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/18/2005 11:45 PM CST
Ok, Algion. Just the three of us then.

Let's plan on Dave and Buster's at 1:30. Let me know here by tomorrow morning, if you could.

Trebber

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/18/2005 11:59 PM CST
I miss going to D&B's in Denver. ::mutter:: Don't miss the traffic and idiots in their brand new SUV's who think that they can change lanes instantly, even in ice and snow.

Jim
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/19/2005 12:16 AM CST
Its on Trebber, give me a call in the morning.

It will be me, Elec, and possibly Tercsyn if he gets off work early enough.

Evasion Junkie Algion
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/19/2005 05:20 PM CST
I think I missed this. I had to work anyway. Hope you had fun.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/19/2005 06:07 PM CST
Good times

Trebber

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 12:06 AM CST
I just need to know...

Exactly HOW many times did you guys blow each other up in the Battletech Arena?

For some strange reason, I feel that spot was very big on the agenda.

Amagaim; the player of,

AAAAARGH!!!!

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 11:30 AM CST
It was closed... we had to settle for throwing knives at our waiter.

Evasion Junkie Algion
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 11:50 AM CST
Damn. That really sucks.

Amagaim; the player of,

AAAAARGH!!!!

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 04:37 PM CST
Someone told me William Shatner talked like that cause he could not memorize his lines and had trouble reading the teleprompter?

So, did the waiter duck?

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 05:52 PM CST
<<Someone told me William Shatner talked like that cause he could not memorize his lines and had trouble reading the teleprompter?>>

I hadn't heard anything like that. I'm pretty sure he was just a bad actor. Though his recent stuff's been somewhat better, even if he is embracing his typecast (see: Boston Legal).

You might be remembering the story that Marlon Brando didn't memorize his lines for The Godfather, so he had them written in various places about the set so he could read them during the shot?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"That is why I have chosen DR and stayed with it for 2-6 years. Time is confusing to me." -Aiwix
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/20/2005 09:45 PM CST
Nope, I don't know that much about Marlon Brando though.

Re: Lunch on Monday 12/28/2005 08:52 AM CST
<<So, did the waiter duck?>>

No he used his serving tray as a medium shield. Was fun times and we woulda hung out longer but someone who's name won't be mentioned .... TREBBER... decided to sit at the bar and drink instead of meet us out front. Was a blast and we should try and do it again sometime in the future.. not sure when I'll have more time off though. My next big plan is Vegascon.

~Terc~

"Look at the bright side. It could have been Tercsyn instead of Drongol." - Solomon

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. " - Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Lunch on Monday 12/28/2005 11:39 PM CST
We totally scored hot Bling from the crane game in the arcade.

~Blood Wraith Elec, Elitist of Elanthia, an Elven Face Shooter

~I WILL RUIN THIS HOUSE WITH MY ANGER! -Master Shake

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."