Cookout! 08/02/2006 07:31 PM CDT
North of Boston
Hosted by the players of Mithyl and Lunora
Weekend of Aug 19/20

Message one of us for more info @ MithylDR or DRLunora

(Marc, you're the grillman... can't wait to see the new baby!)
Re: Cookout! 08/03/2006 07:48 AM CDT
>(Marc, you're the grillman... can't wait to see the new baby!)

I accept most forms of lager and stout for my grilling services. I'd assume you knew that. :D

I need to confirm with Tom, but I ~think~ thats the weekend that Christine is back from Hell, otherwise known as N/S Carolina.

I've marked my calendar.
Re: Cookout! 08/03/2006 10:44 AM CDT
Actually she's already back in NY.
She's coming up to visit the weekend of the 12th and we'll be stopping by your place that afternoon/evening.

I'll call ya after work tonight to discuss more, or you can IM me if you're on before then.

She did mention to me about this cookout thing and said she'd be coming back for that as well
Re: Cookout! 08/03/2006 11:56 AM CDT
>She's coming up to visit the weekend of the 12th and we'll be stopping by your place that afternoon/evening.

Swt. I didn't write down the date. Are you rounding up the usual cast as well?

>She did mention to me about this cookout thing and said she'd be coming back for that as well

Bonus. Mega-bonus.
Re: Cookout! 08/03/2006 02:06 PM CDT
>>Are you rounding up the usual cast as well?

Other then myself? I think Jonathan and Betsy are the only other people in the area besides Chris and Nora. Want me to give them a call and see if they'll swing by that night with us?
Re: Cookout! 08/06/2006 06:33 PM CDT
Yup, I've been back already, and have moved from the wretched bronx, to the not so wretched but equally dangerous brooklyn.

It is, however, a much shorter trip to my favorite sox bar in manhattan.

Should be able to hit up MA both weekends. I'm trying to get the people at work to give me a definitely schedule because they're driving me crazy, but they're renting out the space to special events to make extra cash on the side, and its pushing out loadins around into some tight spaces (probably weekends). Gotta love them. Anyone yell at mike yet? Or....Frank (hahahaha)?

Christine

>You've gained a new rank in your ability to steal.
Re: Cookout! 08/07/2006 07:48 AM CDT
>Anyone yell at mike yet? Or....Frank (hahahaha)?

Mike has been awful whiney about traveling for the last few get-togethers. He also lost his phone, and I don't have his new number.

Frank... I talk with his brother, Andy, and Frank is so whipped he can't change his shorts without asking for permission 2 weeks in advance.

I'm going to laugh all day thinking about those two interpretations. <3 :D

Someone DRAG Adam/Ragran to this thing.
Re: Cookout! 08/07/2006 04:00 PM CDT
>>Someone DRAG Adam/Ragran to this thing.

I talked to him but he said he can't make this one. Maybe the next one though.

Chris
Re: Cookout! 08/07/2006 09:34 PM CDT
>I talked to him but he said he can't make this one. Maybe the next one though.

He's totally not cool enough, and I think he might be a yankees fan anyways. Speaking of which, did you guys happen to see the schedule that weekend? Friday double header against the yanks, and saturday afternoon fox game. Beer, baseball, meat. Mmmm....

Christine

Re: Cookout! 08/07/2006 10:00 PM CDT
Dont be sour with yankee fans because Varitek and Merribeli Dont know how to take a charge at home. Besides if not for papalbon this year you wouldnt even be in contention.

Denz
Your friendly Yankee Fan
Bronx Born & Raised

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Cookout! 08/07/2006 10:01 PM CDT
PS. dont forget to bring some NY strip steak and Nathan's NY Hotdogs to the BBQ

Denz

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Cookout! 08/08/2006 10:27 PM CDT
Gee, if it wasn't for some of our players doing well we wouldn't be in contention? Good for them. That's what their job is. Some have been doing better, some not so hot. I'd say if it wasn't for Ortiz, we wouldn't be in contention. How many game winning walk off HRs can that man hit. And manny and papi back to back is a really scarey lineup.

And I'll likely not be bringing any meat from new york unless anyone wants to eat meat that's been sitting on a room temperature bus for hours. Speaking of which though, if you guys (being Chris and Nora) want anything brought or just money chucked at you let us know.

Christine

Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 12:53 AM CDT
>PS. dont forget to bring some NY strip steak and Nathan's NY Hotdogs to the BBQ

I just dont think we will have any room in the fridge for that crap what with all the Boston Ale.

____
>Working carefully, the orc raider tries to skin you, but barely manages to avoid sliding his own thumb off. With a muttered curse, he kicks your lifeless corpse in disgust.
Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 09:07 AM CDT
Im just waiting for Papi to hit his Mo Vaughn Stretch. Manny I will have to admit is a dominating hitter though his fielding is par at best.

But who would you rather face?

Damon
Jeter
Abreau
Rodriguez
Giambi
Matsui
Sheffield
Posada
Cano

or
Manny
Papi
Varitek (Cause I think he's a good clutch hitter)

As for pitching both teams still need effective pitching and deeper bullpens and its sad to see that Wells is doing so bad with Boston.

Denz

Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 10:08 AM CDT
Chiming in:

>But who would you rather face?

Personally, in order of scariness.

Posada - This guy is as scary as a cloudy day
Sheffield - From the DL? Funny part is he's scarier than POSada from there.
Cano - Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. I'd put Wily Mo Pena here as well, and I think in the future both will move up.
Varitek - Switch hitter (+ points), horrible average and OBP this year (- points)
Giambi - Yeah, when he hits (or doesn't walk) it's usually big.
Rodriguez/Damon - Too streaky for a higher scary factor... Which ARod will show up? Damon plays hurt far too much for his salary.
Manny - If he weren't denting cars in the parking lot 1/5 AB's he'd be lower for effort/wackiness.
Jeter/Matsui - Consistancy. 'Nuff said. Yeah, I know I slammed Sheff for being on the DL... Matsui is a way better hitter.
Ortiz - Mr. Clutch. Hands down.

I'll reserve judgement on Abreau until I see some him against some more AL pitching.

>As for pitching both teams still need effective pitching and deeper bullpens

When Jared Wright is the 2nd best pitcher behind Mussina, it's time to cut some salary and eat the losses that the YES network pays for anyway. As a Soxfan, I encourage all NYY player transactions to originate in Florida. :D

As far as Schill/Beckett ... I think we are seeing what we expected (and we got the better deal from the Marlins by a mile!). Run support for Wakefield has been atrocious. Clement and Wells have little to be proud of.

Timlin will get overused because Tavares, Foulke, and Seanez SUCK.
Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 11:35 AM CDT
Here are the players over the last few games (including 2 poor outings by the sox @TB).

First, OBP, because on base vs average is getting it done.

PlayerABHRRBIBBAVGOBPSLG
Derek Jeter5511113.327.471.418
Hideki Matsui7762611.338.420.688
Robinson Cano48033.375.412.458
Manny Ramirez5341115.245.406.547
Johnny Damon534168.344.405.641
Jason Giambi4241215.167.400.500
David Ortiz6511258.323.397.877
Jorge Posada51299.255.361.412
Boy reu6321212.222.338.381
Jason Varitek554127.236.323.473
Wily Mo Pena42393.263.311.524
Alex Rodriguez60286.200.284.350

And by run production: (Runs scored + Batted in)

PlayerRP
Ortiz 42
~Matsui 44
Damon 30
Manny 24
Abreu 22
Giambi 20
Tek 19
Jeter 18
Posada 17
Pena 17
A-Rod 15
Cano 9
~ more at bats

Clearly, Manny + Papi are just as, if not more formidable at the 3rd/4th hitters as Damon/Matsui in 1st 4th. I should run the number using the entire Redsox lineup, but I think it would only show more Sox up top.

Discuss.
Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 08:03 PM CDT
Poor Wake....

Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 08:13 PM CDT
Kinda glad Wake's crapping out this year ... he freaking pwnz'd the yanks ! Damn Knuckleballer

Denz

Re: Cookout! 08/09/2006 09:05 PM CDT
Yea, he had a really great year last year, which was awesome to see. For someone who's been with the team so long and been loyal to them (ie - taking paycuts to stay with the team) it was great. Especially as he's getting up there in the years. Pretty sure he turns 40 this month or something. Hopefully this back issue won't be one that plagues him for the rest of his career. He's ma boy!

Christine

Re: Cookout! 08/10/2006 09:04 AM CDT
Whats that ?

Yankees

|
|
|
V

Boston 3 games back!

Denz

Re: Cookout! 08/10/2006 09:15 AM CDT
>Boston 3 games back!

Thats called a loan. We'll be needing that back in October. Thanks.

:D
Re: Cookout! 08/10/2006 10:10 AM CDT
Sorry Boston's only allowed 1 Yankee choke and 1 World Series per century

Denz

Re: Cookout! 08/10/2006 11:24 AM CDT
>Sorry Boston's only allowed 1 Yankee choke and 1 World Series per century

Hahaha, at least it was THE choke of the century.
Re: Cookout! 08/10/2006 05:54 PM CDT
>Whats that ?

>Yankees

|
|
|
V

>Boston 3 games back!

>Denz

I remember another time the Yankees were ahead by 3 games.... didn't work out so well for them if I remember correctly! ;-)

Now start your own thread! This is about our COOKOUT! :-P

Chris
Re: Cookout! 08/11/2006 09:04 AM CDT
Still waiting on directions and whether or not you want me to bring anything. I know how to get to the town, but other then that I don't know where in it you guys are.

:)

Tom
Re: Cookout! 08/11/2006 11:07 AM CDT
>Still waiting on directions and whether or not you want me to bring anything.

Sorry, I will do that tonight! Been a busy week for me, but I promise to make a point to get it done. <g>

____
>Working carefully, the orc raider tries to skin you, but barely manages to avoid sliding his own thumb off. With a muttered curse, he kicks your lifeless corpse in disgust.
Re: Cookout! 08/12/2006 09:12 AM CDT
I need a chat Miss Nora, or Mister Chris. I -may- have a conflict, depending on times. I'll try to get on IM this weekend sometime. Either of you could call me also.
Re: Cookout! 08/21/2006 03:26 PM CDT
<<Thats called a loan. We'll be needing that back in October. Thanks.>>

Ok, just don't loan the Yankees too much like the Red Sox did for the past 5 games or you won't be seeing you guys this post season.

:D

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Cookout! 08/21/2006 05:07 PM CDT
>Ok, just don't loan the Yankees too much like the Red Sox did for the past 5 games or you won't be seeing you guys this post season.

Thanks for the tip. :P

At least good came out of this disaster... Seanez and Johnson are gone! YAY!
Re: Cookout! 08/21/2006 06:03 PM CDT
"It's been 55 years since the Yankees swept the Red Sox in a five-game series. The last time the pinstripes pulled off the feat at Fenway? 1943. That was before Monday's capper to a new Boston Massacre." ESPN.com

- Simon

Re: Cookout! 08/23/2006 08:40 PM CDT
More proof that even the blind squirrel finds a nut once every 86 years.

Palasix

You hear the ghostly voice of Palasix say, "I would like to have seen Montana."
Re: Cookout! 08/23/2006 09:48 PM CDT
Haha. :]

- Simon

"The problem with common sense, is that it is not so common."