Dog... 11/13/2004 09:41 AM CST
We find that we can't keep our dog anymore, and arrangements with my father in law to take the dog for a year have fallen through.

So... if anyone wants to adopt or knows anyone looking to adopt a beautiful golden/shepard mix, 60-ish pound, 7 year-old dog that has been neutered and is perfectly housebroken... please let me know?

Ted is playful and energetic. He loves children, but is used to being the only dog in the house, so I don't know if he'd adjust well to being in a home with other dogs. He likes to be outside during the day and inside with the family at night. He has golden coloring, but a bristle coat and shepard build.

And, of course, I'm willing to arrange and pay for transportation to get him to his new home -- preferrably one with a fenced yard and children, but most importantly lots and lots of love.
Re: Dog... 11/14/2004 07:21 PM CST
Hi..we're from the Springfield area, not sure if you ever check up on Masslive.com but they have a great pets forum and there's always people there looking to adopot pets or can pass the message on. I'd LOVE to take another dog in, but the one we have now (plus 5 little kids) keeps me busy busy!! Good luck to you!!

[Galain] "Like we are gonna believe you Nausikaa? you are one of their ringleaders. Kaith Partani indeed! Thats secret code for "Head schemer""
Re: Dog... 11/15/2004 05:37 PM CST
Thanks for the tip on MassLive. It's been a long time since I actually used that site. Hmmm... maybe the Washington Post and/or Times has something similar online, too.