Russian-speaking players 08/24/2018 01:35 AM CDT
Are they around?

Privet, vodka, matreshka! :D

Did you know any Russian-speaking players in the past? Tell your story and memories!

p.s.
I make streams and guides in Russian:
https://youtube.com/StreamGuild
Re: Russian-speaking players 08/26/2018 02:20 PM CDT
I'm afraid I've never met any. Not many people seem to play DR with English as a second language, which is kind of a shame since it seems like a good way to learn.

- Navesi
Re: Russian-speaking players 08/27/2018 12:56 PM CDT

Oh, wasn't there a rule that said English Only in this game? That's kind of a barrier I think from gathering an international crowd unless we opened a Foreign Land channel on the Gweths. People enjoy speaking in their native language and would rather their speech be interchangeable in whatever medium they choose to use rather than it being enforcingly restricted.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Russian-speaking players 08/27/2018 03:22 PM CDT
I'm guessing Simutronics doesn't have the income to hire for what this game makes nor enough staff for foreign language translators.

Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you. Langston Hughes
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/summer
Re: Russian-speaking players 08/27/2018 07:10 PM CDT

>I'm guessing Simutronics doesn't have the income to hire for what this game makes nor enough staff for foreign language translators.

Well on that subject all one would have to do would be put every conceivable English/America word in google translate and translate it to that language. It'd probably be pretty sketchy but it would do well enough. However, what I meant was just the freedom to speak in an alternate Gamgweth languages (I.e. non English/American language) with its own dedicated Gweth channel.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.