Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/13/2005 05:43 PM CDT
Hello,

so glad to see that we have a solid representation of players back home! And I had only suggested London as I wasn't sure what would be best. I'm actually spending most of my time up north and would prefer to meet up north.

So how about this: Why don't we meet at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds for a day out? Seems like the perfect DragonRealms meeting place! I'm sure we could meet at a good spot for some food nearby and this should give us some time for chatting and talking shop. I'd like to suggest a Saturday or Sunday in November. These dates tentatively work for me: Nov 13, 19, 20, 26, 27.

So for those who might be keen on attending, post here or email me at dr-helena@play.net if you want to meet up and let me know what dates might work for you! :)

GameMaster Helena Kaboli
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/13/2005 05:50 PM CDT
Sounds a blast Helena, Im up for it, and if I can drag an invasion force down south all the better.
I'll check my schedule on the dates ya posted and get back to you.

*COME ON UK DR..LETS GO TO LEEDS!*

Tony, player of Thorbain..and family
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/13/2005 06:20 PM CDT
Greetings from Glasgow also. I would be up for a little trip down south as long as it not one of those pesky days that I am working, but whatever date is choosen I can prolly manipulate things so as to try and meet up. Will keep an eye out here for further plans.

Sarah, player of Flixx and Tyesha
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/13/2005 06:34 PM CDT
geez, how many people stay in glasgow?
I live in Renfrew and by the sounds of it there are quite a few from the area. If i can get time off work i'd be up for going to leeds, but i'd prefer everyone comes upto glasgow cause i'm lazy!

If advice was any good, they wouldn't give it out for free.
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/13/2005 08:48 PM CDT
I'm starting to wonder if I should just pop up to Glasgow. I'm always happy to visit Scotland! :) But we'll see who else responds.

Helena
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/14/2005 08:45 AM CDT
Whoah Coupe..you live in Renfrew!..thats where Im living right now..just next to Robertson Park...small world!! grin
And heres me thinking no one else from my area had ever HEARD of DR!
Shout me if ya fancy a beer or something, (except in Symonds!, cant stand that place;))
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/14/2005 05:52 PM CDT
don't you mean simons? i live just round the corner from there hahahaa.

Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 09/14/2005 08:09 PM CDT
The thread was fine till someone said "if ya fancy" haha, just kidding. My GF is planning on doing some classes this upcomming year in England, and I was thinking of going to visit her if anyone is around the Londonish area and doesn't mind hanging out with an Ex-Sailor from the US.

~Blood Wraith Elec, Elitist of Elanthia, an Elven Ego Warrior

~I am better than you, or so I am told.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 10/04/2005 06:20 PM CDT
Dear all,

Well, I'm tentatively looking at November 19th for a day-gathering in Leeds. Sound appealing still?

We could meet at the Royal Armoury in the late morning, steal some weaponry, and go fight crime on the rough streets of Leeds. Or we could find a quiet spot, have some drinks, and talk DragonRealms. :)

If you are keen, I'll check in again once I get over there and firm up details!

Cheers,

Helena Kaboli
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 10/05/2005 02:57 AM CDT
<<Royal Armoury>>

You spell funny.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 10/05/2005 06:06 PM CDT
forget leeds, glasgow.

Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 10/17/2005 10:49 PM CDT
so whats happenin bout the trip? comin to glasgow, leeds or wherever?

Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 10/25/2005 12:32 PM CDT
For those who are still keen on getting together, go ahead and email me at dr-helena@play.net. Once I know who wants to gather, we can chat offline and figure out the best plan.

If I can manage it, I'd love to pop up to Scotland! But it'll depend on my schedule. Since we're all up north and far, far north, makes little sense to stick in Leeds if going to Scotland is more convenient for our majority. I'll just have to work it out with my family as they get a premium on my time. :)

GameMaster Helena Kaboli
Re: Update on my Trip in Oct/Nov 11/07/2005 04:59 AM CST
I have sent an e-mail, just thought I'd add a post here to show a bit of support.

I'll be there, as long as I can get out of anything else I'm doing and it's within reasonable travelling time. Leeds is ideal for me. Normally I'd be all up for a meet anywhere in the UK, I love to travel, but I lost my bike to thieves last month and have been stuck with walking and public transport since then.

If I've got new transport, then Scotland would be great, some good roads up there I hear, but for now I think it would be too far out for a day trip on public transport.

Anyone got any ideas as to what we could be doing? I think maybe a bowling trip could be good, just need somewhere to sit and talk really but seeing as people will be driving, a pub isn't really a good option I guess.

When meeting people in the past (for various bike meets organised online) we have met at somewhere like ASDA or Tesco for a late breakfast. They're usually easy to find, gives people a chance to get to know eachother, everyone gets breakfast, and its very public (you never know).

Rick.