Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 10:37 PM CST
It's just one example. You can't be picked from a list if the merchant in question is asking you to leave or telling you they won't be doing for you for whatever reason.
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 10:39 PM CST
and another double post but you even quoted Nijara wrong.....she said he'd get no work from her that night. he did in fact get an altered weapon from her 3 days later.....if you want to jump in a conversation A be accurate and B make sure you don't alter logs

one makes you look bad, the second makes you look spiteful
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:02 PM CST
I just checked out this site for the first time about 15 minutes ago. I feel like I'm being obtuse, but I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone is so worked up over this. It's a website where you listen to some guy's ipod on random shuffle 23 hours of the day, and he apparently gives his opinions for an hour in the middle of the day about perceived slights in a make-believe world. Am I missing something?

Why is anybody taking any of this seriously?
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:04 PM CST
No, he quoted her exactly as she said it. I'm sure in your complaining that others got something you wanted you neglected to mention the behavior that lead to this. Here's the log of the incident: There is a bit of odd spacing from me removing the (C) (G) and (O)'s from the profile plugin, and I got lazy deleting extra lines. I have the original as well, and I'm sure plenty of people were there and can confirm that this hasn't been tampered with.

http://cl1p.net/CraxorAtTheFest/

So before you go off playing the victim and accusing others of lying about what happened, maybe you should try to remember what you did. For all I know you actually believe the lies you spread, which is somewhat disturbing.

>>if you want to jump in a conversation A be accurate and B make sure you don't alter logs

If you're going to accuse people of altering logs, A) Make sure they did alter it before you accuse them, B) Make sure, if they didn't, that there wasn't a roomful of people than can back them up on their accuracy. Maybe people would take you a little more seriously in your rampant claims of being the victim if you so obviously didn't make yourself a victim by acting the way you do.

-=Issus=-
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:07 PM CST
>>so their money paid every month is better then mine?

Nobody said anything of the sort, and if you think they did, you need to re-read without a preconceived bias. What was said, is that people who are around more, will wind up with more. This makes sense, and is not inherently biased against anybody. I spend a lot of time logged into DR, my chances are far higher of attending, and thus winning, a randomly timed premium raffle than another premium subscriber who only plays 1 to 2 hours a day. It's not favoritism, it's simple logic.

The same applies to being present when an event goes down, or when an alterer shows up, etc. etc.

>>seems to me if everyone pays for a chevy, everyone should get a chevy.....not some getting Porches and others Yugos

Everybody does get the Chevy who pays for one. The better way to say it is that when they offer up a Porche, the people who are more likely to be around at that time are more likely to snatch it up. That doesn't make it unfair to anybody else who pays, because they still have their Chevy.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:19 PM CST
I'm not going to touch on the bit with Craxor because the log says it all, but as someone who has played for awhile, doesn't really know any GM's and just happens upon things by accident, I can understand people feeling "left out" or "missing things", but them's the breaks. I am not complaining because for all the times I've felt I missed out on something, I have also had plenty of times where I felt very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time, whether it's due to alterers, or for an event.

Look at this while keeping in mind Occam's Razor.

What's more likely? That a group of GM's and players are secretly conspiring behind the scenes to scratch one another's backs, and you're not invited to the super-exclusive party? Or that you had bad luck that day and someone else didn't?

Your monthly fee is to play the game. Getting alterations or participating in events is icing on that cake. If you want your monthly fee to include alterations, pay for premium and get one with your LTB's. Am I crazy here for thinking this way?

- Starlear, who never has and likely never will have more than a basic subscription -
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:20 PM CST
<<So basically you're saying that, A the players with the money to attend the cons, B the people with more free time then other players and C if I don't attend cons and have 20 hours a day to be IG, I am not hard core enough to qualify. So the better off financially, more free time having, able to travel the country people are more deserving of alterers, court posts, and events, then say the few hundred other players.>>

Uhm. No.

But this doesn't surprise me.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:20 PM CST
<<<Nijara says to you, "You will not get any work from me this evening due to your rudeness.">>>

amazing how my log differs from yours, especially considering I did in fact get an alteration from her 2 days later. But I suppose you are right and she and I were wrong. Can't sure stupid I suppose.....if you'd like to see the altered weapon I'd love to show you
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:28 PM CST
<<<Nijara says to you, "You will not get any work from me this evening due to your rudeness.">>>

>>amazing how my log differs from yours, especially considering I did in fact get an alteration from her 2 days later. But I suppose you are right and she and I were wrong. Can't sure stupid I suppose.....if you'd like to see the altered weapon I'd love to show you

Right. Because clearly I would go in and change a single word in a log. Holding a conversation with you is utterly pointless, so I'm not going to bother trying. Believe whatever it is you want to believe, the log I posted is what happened and there were plenty of people there that can confirm it if they care to.

-=Issus=-
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:31 PM CST
<<Believe whatever it is you want to believe, the log I posted is what happened and there were plenty of people there that can confirm it if they care to.>>

::shrug::

I watched it live.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:31 PM CST
I believe the wonderfully crafted battle axe Nijara altered for me. I'll show it to you some time. Like I said....can't cure stupid.
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:33 PM CST
>So basically you're saying that, A the players with the money to attend the cons, B the people with more free time then other players and C if I don't attend cons and have 20 hours a day to be IG, I am not hard core enough to qualify. So the better off financially, more free time having, able to travel the country people are more deserving of alterers, court posts, and events, then say the few hundred other players

I'd just like to point out that I've been to St. Louis twice and Vegas once for cons. I hung out with GMs, had beers with players who are now GMs... hell, the human behind Solomon was even giving me tips on my new Droid (<3 that thing) on my facebook page the other day. I've gotten exactly 1 alteration at a fest (and that was before I ever went to a con), I've never been on a court, and I unintentionally took part in 1 event in which a GM specifically selected me for involvement based on the race of my character - this favoritism illusion is just that. Sometimes it just takes some unbiased observation to realize that.

Also, it's a game.

Also, that web site had Cartman singing Oh Holy Night when I logged on. People are really taking this seriously?
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:34 PM CST
you deleted my post where I questioned you saying 90% of DR players don't care or are bad players, yet you continue to profess these forums as a place to bring your concerns Solo?

Hope you deleted your own post where you said that very same thing along with how thos that go to cons and sta logged in for unreal amounts of time are the ones that get the perks cause they are the only "hard core" players
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:36 PM CST
The log I posted doesn't mean she didn't do work for you during the fest. The log I posted shows what she said. Your axe shows that she still went ahead and did work for you later in the fest despite how you treated her. What I can't understand is how you can behave like that, still get the work done, and then still have the nerve to turn around and complain to everyone who cares to listen how you've been wronged.

-=Issus=-
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:36 PM CST
<<you deleted my post where I questioned you saying 90% of DR players don't care or are bad players, yet you continue to profess these forums as a place to bring your concerns Solo?>>

I deleted your post that contained abusive, flaming, and insulting statements. The fact that you cannot read/comprehend what I said and are absolutely confused about the statements I made had nothing to do with it.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:37 PM CST
>JARRETTJ26

I posted my reply here.
https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=43&topic=7

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:38 PM CST
>>So 9 out of every 10 players either don't care about the game or aren't good players??? Are you serious or just ignorant?

Solomon said:

If A is true, then 90% of the time B is true

You read:

If B is true, then 90% of the time A is true

My question:

Are you serious or just ignorant?

Apu
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:39 PM CST
<<<All it means is that if you don't care about the game or aren't a good player, you're not going to come to a Con, nine times out of ten.>>>

amazing, only the people that don't care, even us that have been playing for 14 years, and bad players, skip the con.

Has nothing to do with who can afford it, who can get away from actual real life commitments, who has the time. Nope its only the good players that care. The rest of us are uncaring bad players.
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:40 PM CST
>>Also, that web site had Cartman singing Oh Holy Night when I logged on. People are really taking this seriously?

I find this whole thing pretty bizarre, too. I've listened a bit to DRRadio, I've participated here and there in the chats. It's been fun and a bit entertaining. I don't know him, but I like the guy that runs it, and the fact that he fills all my requests. I'm not sure what spurred on this sudden eruption of rage by some folks, but it seems very strange to me.

It take it there was a post made somewhere by Solomon that I somehow missed, that led to all this? Can someone point me to it?

Thanks.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:46 PM CST
<<amazing, only the people that don't care, even us that have been playing for 14 years, and bad players, skip the con.>>

You're having a really tough time with this. A couple of people have tried to explain it to you at this point.

Please go back and read what they've said or what I said and I really do hope it clicks and you'll see where you're totally missing the boat, here.

If you can't get it, then we're done here.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:53 PM CST
>JARRETTJ26

>amazing, only the people that don't care, even us that have been playing for 14 years, and bad players, skip the con.

>Has nothing to do with who can afford it, who can get away from actual real life commitments, who has the time. Nope its only the good players that care. The rest of us are uncaring bad players.

That's not at all what was said.

"All it means is that if you don't care about the game or aren't a good player, you're not going to come to a Con, nine times out of ten"

Translation: If you don't care about the game or aren't a good/serious player, chances are you won't go to a Con.

Why you're reading that as, "If you don't go to a Con you're a bad player," I have no idea. There were absolutely zero judgements made in the initial statement. You are perceiving judgements and slights where there are none.
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:54 PM CST
Personally i didn't attend any sort of event or witness anything but i'd have to stick with the GMs on this. Your money isn't any better than my money or the next costumers.

I assume the problem is busy GMs trying to please impatient people waiting in line for alterations. Sure you might not get picked everytime, and sometimes it seems like others are getting priority. I have noticed over the years that some of the best tactics to get alterations is just to remain quiet and calm and on the list. Oh, and don't forget to cross your fingers.

lol

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:55 PM CST
I think its you missing the boat. You said 90% of people that do not go to con's don't care or are not good players.....your words not mine

or does 9 out of 10 not equal 90% to you?
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:57 PM CST
<<You said 90% of people that do not go to con's don't care or are not good players.....your words not mine>>

Absolutely positively not.

You are completely putting the words in the wrong order and they've been repeatedly put back in the right order for you.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: DrRadio 11/10/2010 11:58 PM CST
He didn't say that. He said someone who isn't a good player or doesn't care won't go to a con 90% of the time. Which is NOT the same thing.

- Starlear -
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:00 AM CST
Why do you keep harping on your perception of this:
All it means is that if you don't care about the game or aren't a good player, you're not going to come to a Con, nine times out of ten.

While ignoring THE SENTENCE THAT COMES RIGHT BEFORE IT:
That doesn't mean that if you don't come to a Con, you aren't a good player or you don't care about the game.

Good god, man. Reading comprehension.

Ogdaro
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:04 AM CST
It's becoming increasingly more difficult to respond to you in a constructive manner.

What was said is not only sitting in front of you in text (you quoted it), but it's been spelled out for you by multiple account holders all saying the same thing.

You've reversed the statement and are reading it as if it implies that those who do not attend a Con are bad or hate the game.

What was said that if you don't take the game seriously or don't care much about the game then there's a (made-up) 90% chance you won't go to a Con.

Constructively I'd like to point out that it appears as if you're desperately searching for ways to be a victim at the moment, and that retards the ability of the people reading this forum to take your opinions and accusations seriously. I'd wager to say that many people are simply reading your posts for their own amusement right now, which is not a good thing if you're trying to make a serious point.
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:05 AM CST
<<<People who don't give a flip about the game aren't going to pay to fly to St Louis of Las Vegas and spend a week/weekend hanging out with people who generally DO give a flip about the game. That doesn't mean that if you don't come to a Con, you aren't a good player or you don't care about the game. All it means is that if you don't care about the game or aren't a good player, you're not going to come to a Con, nine times out of ten.>>>

so which is it? people that don't give a flip and aren't good players, or wait It doesn't mean that but it does, but only 9 times out of 10
read those last two sentances....if you don't come to a con it doesn't mean you don't care or aren't a good player, except it means if you don't come you aren't a good player or caring 9 out of 10 times.....thats like saying the sky is blue, except it isn't blue 90% of the time. If I don't show at a con once every 10 years, I am a bad player or don't care?
Thread Over: Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:07 AM CST
We're done here.

The text is eluding you.

Thread over before it just gets even more silly and irritatesome.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:08 AM CST
>>I think its you missing the boat. You said 90% of people that do not go to con's don't care or are not good players.....your words not mine

>>or does 9 out of 10 not equal 90% to you?

I don't buy it that anyone is this dumb. Congrats on trolling the hell out of this thread and getting alot of people to bite

Apu
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:12 AM CST
I have never understood why someone would think that people who have more free time and money would not have more in a game where you work to get things. It is this way in basically every MMO out there. It's like saying people who wait in lines for day after Thanksgiving sales have an advantage over people who don't have the time to spend all night in line and that everyone should have the same chance to buy a $5 laptop.

I have to say I didn't get a single alteration from the fest, and I'm fine with that. I'm not going around saying it's because I don't personally know any of the GMs because that's just as crazy as the ideas of the political party you don't agree with.

Halajar
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 12:31 AM CST

Reply Delete

<<<People who don't give a flip about the game aren't going to pay to fly to St Louis of Las Vegas and spend a week/weekend hanging out with people who generally DO give a flip about the game. That doesn't mean that if you don't come to a Con, you aren't a good player or you don't care about the game. All it means is that if you don't care about the game or aren't a good player, you're not going to come to a Con, nine times out of ten.>>>

1. People who are not really in to the game usually do not go to a convention for the game.
-- Or, people who are not really in to baseball usually do not go to a baseball game across the country.

2. Not going to a convention does not mean you aren't a good player or that you don't care about the game.
-- Or, Yankees fans (all three of them) who can not afford to travel to New York still love the Yankees.

3. If you have 10 people who do not really like that game that much, 1 of them might go to the convention anyway just to get poop-faced drunk, but the other 9 people are not likly to go.
-- Or, of the 10 guys I know who hate baseball, there is one who would still go to a baseball game just for the beer.

If you love the game, but haven't been able to make it to a convention, number two applies to you.

If you are a person who does not like the game all that much, number 1 or number 3 apply to you.

It does NOT say anywhere that people who do not go to conventions do not care about the game and are bad players.

His entire point was that, well... I knew what his point was, but now it's so far back on the other side of this misunderstanding that I can't reach it now.

~Brian/Bahb

Thread Over: Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 02:54 AM CST
As said earlier, this thread is over. Further replies will be hidden.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor
Re: DrRadio 11/11/2010 11:18 AM CST
<<sorry for the double post, but as far as being picked for more lists......yeah...14 years playing DR, still have not been picked for an alter...I had to win a voucher that guarenteed an alter for my first one last week. Very fair system.>>

In my time in DR I've been picked once in any random format for an alteration. I guess the GM's don't like me either, rats.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: DrRadio 11/12/2010 04:01 AM CST
lol.

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: DrRadio 11/12/2010 08:28 AM CST
I'm asking for a massive slap but since there are two posts after the GM's got tired of the negativity and bashing, I'd hoped to slip some positive in. I've been playing since around 1998, never had an alteration or what not but not had the coin or chance to buy the vouchers or missed chances at the free ones so if I don't get them, I can't win can I? I've played several MMO games over the years and still come back to DR repeatedly, as far as the continuous work put into it, Simutronics can't be beat in my opinion. They don't have time or the resources to make everyone happy, if they tried the game we love would suffer and they'd hear crap over that too. Anyone who has dealt with customers face to face knows this, you can only do the best you can for the whole. I've participated in what events I could and I feel like I got a great amount of RP time with the GMNPC characters involved and had a lot of fun, those moments are why DR will always live as my favorite.

That being said I listen to DR Radio, doesn't mean I agree with everything being said and I loathe a lot of the music. Up until the recent festival it was generally silliness and an outside area where we can sit and complain or praise things going on. I've seen both sides of it to be fair. One thing I can say for sure is this thread destroyed both what both Solomon and Jappal were trying for. If you believe in DR Radio, more harm here has been done than anything. Sorry for posting in a dead thread, but I just had a chance to catch up and thought some good had to be said.
Re: DrRadio 11/12/2010 04:49 PM CST
Okay just because I feel I have to chime in here a bit, being me and being part of the group that can afford to go across country.

I have been to nearly every Simucon since 2002 or 2003, I can't remember anymore as Algion, I am going to ensure some of you that the people attending Simucon generally do not get preferential treatment, if anything what we do is watching more closely by the GMs because they have MET us, they expect MORE from us, we are like their kids, albeit the black sheep. Every family has those children that should have done better, were too smart to screw up like that, were way too blah blah blah... Well welcome to being a Con goer, when WE screw up its treated most times more harshly than those they don't have a vested interest in.

I have been yelled at and locked out, mostly because of my mouth, but to a greater degree than most of the non "Con goers" would have been, I took however long for having a small arguement with Bubba... We ARE treated differently, but not in the way that you think... I didn't sign up for a raffle or an alterer this fest... could I have gotten one? Maybe, maybe not, but I just had a wedding and had a bunch of altered stuff made, let someone else get some stuff IMO.

Lets get serious people, Sebastienne is treated differently because of immense amounts of RP, Ignifera as well... Issus because they feel bad he is a Bard, toss the guy a bone. However, our actions in game be it scripting, pvp, our roleplay are all judged more harshly because we are the ones who traveled across country, who spend 20 hours a day in game (15-16 for me thank you, I need sleep!) and all the others things for one reason, WE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Joshuan
Re: DrRadio 11/13/2010 02:55 AM CST
>>Issus because they feel bad he is a Bard, toss the guy a bone.

lol awww D:

-=Issus=-
Re: DrRadio 11/13/2010 06:20 PM CST
Sorry Issus, couldn't help myself.

Joshuan
Re: DrRadio 11/24/2010 11:46 AM CST
I haven't gone to the site, but love it or hate it, it is getting publicity, at least locally.

Wow.

Now Im curious.

:oP Ragran
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page