Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/08/2003 07:50 PM CDT
REPOST FROM THE WEST COAST FOLDER

Hi folks,

Well, the Roundtable in Anaheim is now another Pizza joint. So I opted for the one in Long Beach on Ocean Blvd. How about starting at 6pm? The owner said we can have the patio room as long as we want. They close at midnight but they will be willing to keep it open as long as we want. They serve beer, soda's and of course . . . pizza. Everyone will be on there own food wise, so that if folks don't want to eat there, they can eat first then come by later for festivities. We can start earlier or later, depending on what folks decide.

Folks coming from out of town, there's some nice inexpensive hotels in the area. Let me know if you want me to post some suggestions. Those interested in traveling with groups might want to take advantage of this. Any locals willing to put any folks up for the night, feel free to post about it and work it out with others who wish to take you up on that offer.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I will have signs and posters up at the location. Let me know if you guys want to have a just a simple, unstructured casual meet and greet or would you like me to organize something more structured (like Karaoke, games and contest). I'd be willing to put together somethings and if anyone wants to help me coordinate, send me an email at Woodcub@aol.com.

So mark your calendar folks:

Saturday, October 25th at 6pm-?

LA FIRST ANNUAL GATHERING
Round Table Pizza
4007 E. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA
(562) 439-7799

Look for the back patio room.

Let's get ready ta parrrrtyyy!

Woodcubb of Ilithi

You have crystal blue eyes. You are bald, with dark brown skin. You are clean shaven. You have a tattoo of a huge Taisidonian pearl nestled inside an opened oyster on your arm.

Woodcubb of Ilithi

You have crystal blue eyes. You are bald, with dark brown skin. You are clean shaven. You have a tattoo of a huge Taisidonian pearl nestled inside an opened oyster on your arm.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/11/2003 04:07 PM CDT
OK . . . I know it's still early but . . . who's coming?

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/11/2003 05:58 PM CDT
Me. Look for the tall man in the fedora. <g> Maybe.

Ian

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...
--- Pink Floyd
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/11/2003 06:28 PM CDT
Me...Tall Army guy with Ray Bans.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/13/2003 03:13 AM CDT
Me, I'll be the one hiding in the background.

-Chakram

"It's a shame they let the old punishments die out....God I miss the screaming."
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/14/2003 03:27 AM CDT
Hey Chakram....what exactly DO you do....what team are you on..or are you more of the GMs whippin boy, misc. tasks and such? and by the way...TROJANS!!!!!
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/15/2003 02:24 AM CDT
<<Hey Chakram....what exactly DO you do....what team are you on..or are you more of the GMs whippin boy, misc. tasks and such? and by the way...TROJANS!!!!!>>

I am the sacrificial lamb... erm liaison, for the Warrior Mages (best guild evar!!!!1!) Oh and Trojans suck, go Bruins.

-Chakram

"It's a shame they let the old punishments die out....God I miss the screaming."
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/15/2003 03:21 PM CDT
Bruins?! you guys beat Illinois, an unranked team (pretty pathetic at that) 6-3...you guys had 1 more completeted pass than you had punts (11 Completed passes, 10 punts) I think its safe to say your bruins are in for a season of pain and embarassment...specilay next week with number 1 rankd Oklahoma. TROJANS ALL THE WAY. the fact were ranked number 4 in the nation is a mistake...it should be number 1 ;) Fight On!
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/16/2003 09:44 AM CDT
Right now, I'm interested in attending this gathering. I'm not sure yet if schedule-wise it'll work out for me, but I am curious to know how many paladins may be showing up?

~Maece
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/18/2003 03:28 PM CDT
Let's see, new check list

- Creed said they'll come and play only if they can bring Cold Play with them. I said sure.

- Peter Jackson will arrive with a preview of Return of the King and his camera crew so we can all have cameo's.

- I could only find Baluga cavior and we're stuck with the Cristol instead of Dom Pereon

- Leather Jacket's with the DR logo in 24 carrot gold thread for everyone.

Um . . . did I forget anything?

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Translation: Elevator Music, Entertainment Magazine with cover of ROTK, fish sticks and a DR T-shirt to raffle.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/18/2003 04:35 PM CDT
No, but if you're making a DR logo out of 24 carrots, I'd really love to see it. (It's "karat" or "carat") ;)
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/20/2003 12:14 AM CDT
I've been considering goin, Maece. If you go, I'll prolly go too. Lemme know how it works out for ya.

Cavalier Calemnon
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/22/2003 12:58 PM CDT
Paladin/trader here. Woodcubb, have ya looked into maybe renting a lan/net play center out for the night? those places that people go to play half life, EQ, and the rest of those games. maybe we can get a DR night at one of those, would be somethin to do after round table.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/22/2003 05:36 PM CDT
<<Paladin/trader here. Woodcubb, have ya looked into maybe renting a lan/net play center out for the night? those places that people go to play half life, EQ, and the rest of those games. maybe we can get a DR night at one of those, would be somethin to do after round table.>>

I'm not too familiar with those kind of places. Are they like a internet cafe place?

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/22/2003 06:36 PM CDT
I guess thats a good anaology, internet cafe. they usualy have about 15-30 computers hooked up for lan play/internet play. I'm not sure on what the prcies are though, prolly around 5 bucks an hour, my guess atleast.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/23/2003 05:31 PM CDT
Do you know of a place near the gathering spot in Long Beach? Sounds cool if we can find one to meet afterwards.

Woodcubb of Ilithi

Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/24/2003 02:24 PM CDT
I dont know any in Long Beach....I know som e in Murrieta/Temecula, Rancho Cucomunga (to all thsoe next friday fans) and Upland. also, most Wizards of the Coast stores have them ill look for one in Long Beach or the surrounding area. I think there might be one in Torrance.
Re: Los Angeles Gathering - October 25th. 09/24/2003 07:31 PM CDT
The only ones I can think of are at least 2 in the Fullerton area, and a couple at the least in Garden (Garbage) Grove (the one I used to go to closed though)... and one in Lake Forest. Don't know if that helps much <g>

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...
--- Pink Floyd