A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 08:43 PM CDT

Martee had been ill for awhile now, She passed at 1:08am this morning of heart failure. She was a friend to many, and loved her online friends. She had a laugh that could cheer up the gloomiest mood.

She will be dearly missed.

Thanks to Chantara for allowing me to post this.

Michelle, Player of Meeanda
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 09:25 PM CDT

Condolences to her friends and family.

Martee was always one of those people that made you smile no matter how the rest of the day was going.

She will be missed.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 09:26 PM CDT
We will definitely miss Lisa. She was a great friend when I was still a player and she was an amazingly hard-working GM for a while, too. She almost never failed to REPORT just to say hello to old staff-friends and was one of the sweetest people I knew.

This makes me very sad.

Solomon
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 10:08 PM CDT
No.

It can't be. No.

No.
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 10:24 PM CDT
Ach!

This is ever such sad news. She may have been ill, but she was a bubble of sunshine and merriment wherever she was in DR. Martee has been around since DR was in Beta on GEnie. And I've been playing with her every one of those years, except when I got lost.

She is no longer ill, and giving us all a merry Bah! as she looks down on my tears. My heart breaks for her family ... and for us.

Bubba, can we schedule a memorial for her?

~Deb
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 10:28 PM CDT
That's so not okay. :*(
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/17/2013 11:43 PM CDT
I started a memories page for Martee.

http://wrensnesttavern.com/remember/martee-delamar-beloved-empath/

- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 01:16 AM CDT
We have also set up a memorial page.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Martee

Once a reasonable amount of time passes, I'll get together with Dreamheart and see about merging them (probably on her site).

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 07:54 AM CDT
I'm very sad to hear this. My thoughts to her friends and family that will miss her.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 08:11 AM CDT
Sorry to hear this, she'll be missed.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 10:18 AM CDT
Truly one of the good souls. From those of us that knew her from AOL days, to those on staff here that worked with her, her online family and friends. I think it would be lovely if we could somehow memorialize "her tree" with her name carved into it or something of the like. She touched many hearts and created so many laughs and smiles. Too many to count. May she find peace and may her friends and loved ones swiftly heal from their sadness.

Deb Rude/Kaelie Rudeone
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 01:51 PM CDT
So sad :(
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/18/2013 03:10 PM CDT
My heart hurts from hearing about Martee. She has been a dear friend for many years. She will be missed by so many. I will miss her so much. Be at peace Martee. ~Branwen
Re: A great Loss (Martee/Lisa) 06/29/2013 11:22 PM CDT

Lisa's memorial in Dragonrealms Prime will be July 9th, at 10pm EDT. The GameMasters will be providing portals and support, there is a calendar entry with information on where the portals will be located. This event is one of sorrow and while we're all diminished by her passing on, we can take solace in each other's company for an evening and remember the best things about Lisa and what she did as Martee and what she did for people when she was a staff member as well.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.