Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 09:32 AM CDT
It is with a heavy heart, that I inform my fellow players, of the passing of Veronica Langheart, the player of Veralika. She was a dear friend, that made playing a bit more fun, and enjoyable. She suffered an aneurysm two days ago, and we her friends, were asking for prayers. But alas, Fate has taken her into its embrance, so now she shall always be with us in spirit.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 09:44 AM CDT
I am really sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to her and her family.

Nikpack
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 09:45 AM CDT
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know her at all IRL but her player was always wonderful to encounter.

-Meragin
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 09:48 AM CDT
Sorry to hear the news. Pass along my condolences.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 10:13 AM CDT
Veronica was one of those players that blurred into her character, for good or bad - pretty much for the good in my opinion. She played a number of characters over time, but to me, she always was and always will be Veralika the Gor'Tog Matron.

English, I think, was not Veronica's native language, and that made for a lot of funny Veralika-isms over the years. Sometimes her words were odd, but she got her feelings and her thoughts across very well. I am trying my best to let go of the anger I feel right now for the people that gave her a hard time about that, or for the way she played her game.

Veralika was kind, good, funny, frustrating, confusing, lonely, heartwarming, exasperating, sweet, stubborn, and true. I am glad I met her, played with her, talked with her. I will always regret that I allowed the friendship to drift apart over the past year.

I would have really, REALLY liked to have heard her cheerful "Toggy!" one more time.

Good bye Veralika, and good bye Veronica.

~Brian/Bahb
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 10:35 AM CDT
She was always nice and helpful whenever we crossed paths. Very sorry to hear about this, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

Magus Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 10:48 AM CDT
She was always a pleasure to encounter in game. She will be missed. Condolences to her friends and family.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 11:12 AM CDT
Many hugs!

Veralika was always a cheerful sort in-game. Even though I no longer play in Prime much, I'll miss hearing about her.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 11:36 AM CDT
It is a great loss to us all. Vera was one of those special people who went out of her way to be friendly to one and all, helpful and was a benefit to the DR community. I remember her caring ways as we talked many times over the years.

She touched many DR lives in a positive way. Thanks Veronica/Vera -- you will be missed by those who knew and loved you.

Please pass on my sincerest condolences to her family and friends.

Kathaleen
player of a few
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 11:42 AM CDT
I am very sorry to hear this news, my thoughts go out to her friends and family.

~Player of Catrynnya~
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 11:44 AM CDT
When I heard about what happened to Veronica it broke my heart. It brought back the sadness I had when TJ (Allurana's player) died. I have been commiserating over it with Felicini's player. Reliving some of our more funnier moments. Some of you know that Veralika was Felicini and Drevid's sister. We've known her for a very long time and Her Dragonrealms's family was important to her.

What can I say about Veronica that hasn't been said. She played Dragonrealms with a childlike innocent sometimes and other times she appear wiser than her age. She rarely showed anger, but you knew when she was cross and was almost always exuberant when we spoke. She always cracked me up and always lifted my spirit when I was down. As Brian said her English wasn't great (which led to some hilarious converasions) and it wasn't her first language, but she spoke many. Shes had a tough, but incredible life. I am glad I was able to share just a very small portion of that.

I will miss her very much, but I have my memories of her and the stories I'll share with friends of her adventures and as she ended so many of our conversations... love you and kisssses.

Rest well Veronica, you've earned it.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 12:14 PM CDT
Veralika was Jalika's adoptive mother. Despite the silliness of feeling like I had an extended family of half the realms, it was always apparent how caring Veronica was about her "family". You could almost hear the pride through the text as she always introduced me as her "first baby girl".

I probably met her over a decade ago, when she adopted both Jalika and my RL sister's warrior mage character. Even though years have passed since Heather has played DR, Veronica was always asking about her, my parents, what fella I might be hanging about. She was always willing to give time or aid when she could.

You will be missed!

Christine, player of Jalika

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 12:43 PM CDT
I never knew her other than vaguely, in passing, but her friends and family certainly have my condolences.

Ogdaro
From the chrysalis's manifold and disparate streams of consciousness, you infer that, upon maturing, it will claim its makers as its first sacrifices to the All-Seeing.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 01:26 PM CDT
This is very sad new, im crushed, I've know Vera sense AOL days always brightened my day. Her and Sejanes have been brother and sister sense we were both novices. What a sad day.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 02:11 PM CDT

Terribly sad, my condolences to her friends and family.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 02:13 PM CDT
I was heartbroken when I heard about this. Veralika adopted some of my characters in 1999. She was a very sweet woman. It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to her. She had a lot of love for all of her in game friends and family. When I'd come back from an extended leave of DR she'd always ask how the wife and I were and always remembered our real names. She always had a virtual ear for me when I needed someone to talk to. I'm going to miss my bald headed momma tog.

You are loved and missed Veronica. Rest in peace.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 03:11 PM CDT
The first time I ever logged into DR as green as I could be to playing a text based role playing game the first person I met was Veronica. From that day forward I was under her wing so to speak. She later adopted me and my many sisters, and she was SO proud of each and every one of them. Sometimes we fail to realize the impact we have on others or the impact they have upon us. Veronica had a great impact on me. She had an enormous capacity for love, love for this game and its players. I have this huge extended family in the realms because of her and my life has been made richer for knowing her.I will miss her and love her and try to live up to being "her kid".

Mary

Player of Amaci
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 04:11 PM CDT
I had the honor of having a chance to meet an angel walking this earth in frail human form. She always had so much love and caring in her. She seemed to know whenever I was in pain and hurting and was there with her hugs. She could always make me laugh. I will miss her terribly, but her light will shine in my heart always.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 04:32 PM CDT
As with a lot of you, I met Veralika many many years ago when my character became 'bonded' to one of her adopted children in game. After coming back to the Realms after about a 4 year break, I was fortunate enough to speak with Veralika again. She was kind, caring, and wanted to help everyone. She was considerate to newcomers to our lands, and defended them against others who chose to 'pick on them'. Veralika was one of those that seemed to be a fixture of Dragonrealms, and to hear that she is gone makes our world a little sadder and emptier today. Safe Paths Veralika/Veronica, and I hope that your adventures continue whereever you may be.....
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 04:35 PM CDT
I just heard...

Over many years I have known Veralika as a helpful, kind and funny friend, eventually a relative...always a smile a hug a smooch...someone I looked forward to seeing here each time I woke, she will be sorely missed...another light has gone from us

The player of Yasminna and others
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 05:17 PM CDT
She was one of those people you couldn't help but like. A very sad loss and my heart goes out to her friends and family.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 05:20 PM CDT
I didn't know her all that well, but I recall the first time I bumped into her and how much of a help she was, I had been somewhat newly returned to the realms, and was just learning that you could get favors from the positive and negative aspects, she helped me out there, and with understanding Outcasts and Shard 'relations', she seemed to genuinely care for everyone that bumped into us on our small adventure, and I'm glad I took the time to interact.

Rest well, and my condolences to friends and family.

Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/28/2010 09:30 PM CDT
She was so very sweet, and well loved by our dr community. She will be greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of her family and friends.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/29/2010 05:50 PM CDT
>She was one of those people you couldn't help but like

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 09/30/2010 08:23 PM CDT
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Vera was always so nice and willing to help. My thoughts and prayers go to her family and close friends.

~V

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/01/2010 03:32 PM CDT
She was one of the long term dragonrealms fixtures that made the environment feel like a familiar community. And she was sweet and will be missed.

Condolences to her people.

Bye Veronica. And good journey.

:oP Ragran
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/02/2010 05:48 PM CDT
There will be a memorial and rememberance show this evening on DR Radio. Where you can request songs and share your stories, and memories of Veralika in the Chatroom. So come and join us at 8pm Eastern, as we remember Veralika/Veronica at www.drradiostation.com
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/03/2010 03:26 AM CDT
Thallie is relatively new to DR and Veralika enveloped her with friendship. I rarely read the boards and am saddened by the news I read here. It is a shame we cannot communicate to her family how much she added to the enjoyment of playing this game. How sorry we are for their loss. How very much a lot of people all over the world are going to miss a very special individual.

My commisserations also to her DR family.

It would be really great if there was some way of commemmorating Veralika in DR.

You will always live on in our thoughts.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/05/2010 07:05 PM CDT
wow ... I haven't played DR for well over a year now and something brought me to open my old AIM account and saw RIP Vera on a lifestream thingie.

Vera / Veronica was an amazing person. Many of you might not even remember me but she always referred to me as "dad". I remember one of the first days she started playing DR. She started as a paladin and was bullied for some reason and rerolled as a cleric. I sat with her at the beach (Strand) and talked to her about the game how to hunt/play/etc. We always had a blast in game or out of game chatting about different things. One thing I know for sure ... she loved her roses .. in game and especially her own. I have no doubt she is surrounded by roses where she is right now!

I remember Vera dragging me down to Shard when it first opened up and as we were walking around town, I was struck down by lightening near one of the towers and then she drug me all over town trying to figure out how to help me. Now that was a good time and a great laugh (after I was rezzed).
Stood by her side in one of her in game weddings. When she asked me, I believe I said, "another wedding"?

I saw someone post the name Sejanes. That brings back memories. Sejanes/Palisar, Vera and I went on many hunts together back in the day (AOL days).

I have many good stories with Vera / Veronica as I'm sure everyone does.

Veronica you will be missed.

- Kurgan

PS - I hope I'm not too late for an in game memorial.
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/05/2010 07:16 PM CDT
I believe the only memorial that has been had was one on DR Radio, though I'm not completely in the loop on all this stuff.

Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/06/2010 01:48 PM CDT
<<I saw someone post the name Sejanes. That brings back memories. Sejanes/Palisar, Vera and I went on many hunts together back in the day (AOL days).

Nice to see ya back Kurgan- Sejanes
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/14/2010 04:07 PM CDT
I will miss you much, my fun and hard-to-understand-at-times sister! We had many great laughs together at our own expense, and at others expense! Ahhh, good times!

R.I.P. awesome lady.

You won't get a silly quote from me!
-Me
Re: Goodbye to a Dear Friend 10/23/2010 05:58 AM CDT
Hey Sejanes

How you been? I tried emailing you through the the forum but it's not working for me. Send me an email.

Later - Kurgan