Goodbye Mendasity! 04/04/2009 03:28 PM CDT
I know not the details, but Don, the player of Mendasity has passed on.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=20&topic=13&message=3810

I haven't seen him in years, but he had a huge impact on my perception of what it meant to be a Barbarian.

Every year, we lose more of the old crew.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/04/2009 04:04 PM CDT
I never played with Don, but I was one of hundreds that used his blades. I remember when Menda-claus came to town, and how generous he tended to be. My thoughts are with his family.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/04/2009 06:21 PM CDT
The player of Elandariel. Wished me to say her thoughts and prayers are with his family
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/04/2009 06:27 PM CDT
That's so sad :(

Rev. Reene

"What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can't blow something up?"
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/05/2009 12:33 AM CDT
I'm sorry to hear this.

I never really knew him, just of him.

My thoughts to his family and loved ones.

jess
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/05/2009 08:28 PM CDT
Don will be sorely missed.

Solomon

"The probability of someone making a mathematical formulation on a non-mathematical subject is inversely proportional to its usefulness."
- Brust's Law of Mathematical Formulations

http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/07/2009 03:10 PM CDT
harsh.

crap.

wth.
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/11/2009 02:06 PM CDT
I'm so sorry to hear that.

--There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.--George Carlin
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 04/18/2009 05:18 PM CDT
I don't even know what to say. Don was a special person. Everyone that met him knew that. Im going to miss him. (CRIES)

Barbara/Kapi
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 06/18/2009 10:13 PM CDT
I am sorry to see that I missed this post earlier. I will truly miss Menda. He gave me many blades over the years and he refused to let me pay him. I did my best to find him hard to find forging supplies. He also made my holy weapon for me many years ago when I was out on the islands for an extended time attempting to finish my Holy Weapon quest (once the fixed it a year later) before I started the Therengia Cavalry, and he still refused to accept any payment for all of his hard work. Not only was he good at his craft, but he was kind to everyone around him even if he didn't know them. I am glad I met him and I know that he will convince God to let him fire up the forge somewhere in Heaven.

Player of Gwenddolyn,
Of the Therengia Cavalry,
Baron's Dragoons, Baron's Hussars, and Baron's Outriders
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 11/27/2009 07:24 PM CST
The loss of a ledgend. I don't know what to say. I've been back from a break and can not believe that I will no longer see Menda/Don in game. Very saddening.

You are missed!

Drew/Ramerez
Re: Goodbye Mendasity! 12/30/2009 01:38 PM CST
I missed this till now. I am so sorry to here this. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Some how Mendaclaus fit him.

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z