Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 12:24 AM CDT
It is with great sadness that I pass along the news of the death of one of our own. The words won't come right now so instead I will post the letter from her parents and the obits. Maybe in a day or two I can post more about Serenanna and Erinenne and things she contributed to the realms and the lives of those of us close to her.

Heart Felt Condolences
Tuesday, March 3, 2009 - The Officers and Members of the North Penn Volunteer Fire Company would like to send their condolences to Life Member Earl Wampole and his family on the passing of their daughter and sister Sarah Wampole.

Sarah is survived by her parents Earl and Deborah and a brother Matthew.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 7, at 10:15 AM at the William R. May Funeral Home, Main St. and Elm Ave., North Wales. Relatives and friends are invitied to the viewing at the funeral home Saturday after 9AM. Interment will be in Whitemarsh Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers donations to Muscular Dystrophy Assoc., 600 Reed Rd., Suite #104, Broomall, PA 19008 would be appreciated.

Sarah E. Wampole, 25, of North Wales died Feb. 27, 2009. She was the daughter of Earl and Deborah (Foster) and sister of Matthew.

 Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 7, at 10:15 AM at the William R. May Funeral Home, Main St. and Elm Ave., North Wales. Relatives and friends are invitied to the viewing at the funeral home Saturday after 9AM. Interment will be in Whitemarsh Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers donations to Muscular Dystrophy Assoc., 600 Reed Rd., Suite #104, Broomall, PA 19008 would be appreciated.

Dear Friends and Acquaintances of Serenanna,

We her family are sad to inform you that our beloved Daughter passed away on February 22nd of 2009 due to an acute case of pneumonia. Her funeral was held on 7th of March 2009. She was beloved and dear to many, and will be missed by all who knew her.

Thank you for all the companionship and care you have shown our daughter in her life, by encouraging her to continue with her writing and artistic ventures you made her richer and fuller. We ask you keep her in your minds and hearts as the beloved artist she was and will forever be.
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 10:34 AM CDT
Every morning I ask myself why
For I know I shall never see her again
It makes me want to cry
I never even got to say
Good-Bye
I know she is safe
But why
Did she have to leave
She was so young
She was so frail
She was a friend
Why now?
WHY

I will miss you Serenanna! ~Wyns
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 03:20 PM CDT
Never met her, but christ 25? Just a baby :(

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 03:38 PM CDT
>>Never met her, but christ 25? Just a baby :(

Pneumonia is a terrible illness. It took my sister at a very young age. My heart felt condolences go out to her family

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 03:41 PM CDT
Erinenne was a name I've known for a long time in Dragonrealms.
My condolences and good thoughts going out to her friends and family. What a horrible way to go, and so young.

~ Terra
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 04:34 PM CDT
As promised, here is a more complete post of who she was. We're not planning an ingame memorial so instead I've encouraged those that knew her to post stories and thoughts here.

Serenanna the Empath joined ODS back in June 2004. She was one of our most active and creative members. Many of the gifts and prizes we handed out were designed by Serenanna, she was a genius at description. For three years she led the council, and despite her illness was very reliable and steadfast. She had a penchant for pink and bunnies, especially bunnies.

Erinenne the Trader was not a member of ODS but she still volunteered her time every month to run the gavel for our novice auction. She mentored many young traders, including Ciressa. People sought her out for her talents with alteration designs. Many of Erinenne's gowns and dresses exist throughout the realms. Erinenne loved all shades of purple, particularly violent and orchid was her favorite flower.

Sarah suffered from MD, which she kept hidden from most of the people she interacted with ingame. She was very stubborn in her refusal to accept pity or sympathy. On a bad day she could be abrasive and curt but those days were few and far between. On her good days she was a dynamic force of nature. With her friends and the people close to her, she was a very generous and giving person. Many of us saw Sarah as the goto for inspiration, help with creating designs, ideas and general feedback for all things DR related.

She had two pet bunnies, Rain and Puddles that she adored and would keep us all entertained with stories about. I've always known about her illness and kept it to myself and I guess I should have been better prepared for this event but frankly I wasn't. This has hit me pretty hard personally, because everywhere I look within the order and how my trader has developed, and heck even my barbarian's wardrobe, I see the hand of Sarah. She was excited about helping me finish up items for Drex's wedding even though she wasn't going to be able to be ingame for it. I had to promise a full log of it for her. I am saddened ever further that I won't be able to share it with her, but she's the type of person that would have scoffed at me getting all mushy and sentimental now. She was the mush bunny, I was the stone wall. She always said she lived vicariously through the me, we had many arguments about that. I still maintain she was a force all her own and those of us who's lives were truly touched by her will never forget.

Life will go on as it always does, but I miss you Sarah and I thank you for just being the person you were. You enriched my little corner of DR with years of laughter, tiffs, shared secrets and warmth.
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/09/2009 11:10 PM CDT
Wow, Erinenne. Had no clue. Both of us were annoying, to each other and to others, when we meet. That wasn't alot but when it was I teased her on her lack of skills. Never knew how she was, but now that I do, glad I was the way I was. Glad I was probably someone treating her as anyone else. Here is hoping that knew her in real life can celebrate her life for how she was.
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/10/2009 11:49 AM CDT
Arg. :(

Sad, sad news. :(

Solomon

"The probability of someone making a mathematical formulation on a non-mathematical subject is inversely proportional to its usefulness."
- Brust's Law of Mathematical Formulations

http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/16/2009 07:20 AM CDT
:(

Rest in peace Sarah.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Sarah, player of Serenanna and Erinenne 03/25/2009 03:00 PM CDT
I have more experience with Erinenne than any other trader in the game. I have logged more hours on ferries robbing her than anyone else over the years.

Our strange relationship changed over time. At first there was nothing but enmity. Eventually a routine emerged each time we found ourselves in close quarters. She would mock me, and i would rob her, and ultimately, after years, we were both happy to see one another when we found each other ig.

She could be a hardass, and she could be really really sweet. Thats my kinda girl.

The wind was blown right out of my sails when i heard ya died.

You're missed, babe.

:oP Ragran