Memorial 07/05/2002 04:11 PM CDT
I'd just like to ask that when you set up the memorial service for Tinsie's player, you provide portals for those of us in remote locations who would wish to attend.

Thanks,

Dulcinia's player
Re: Memorial 07/06/2002 10:19 AM CDT
portals to the memorial would be a wonderful thing as i was on my way to aesry when i learned of her passing and i don't want to miss it.

Nazirre
Memorials for one or all? (editted) 03/05/2006 10:52 PM CST
(Editted for 2 major spelling errors)

Okay, first off let me say that in no way am I trying to demean anyones feelings or loss here, I knew Falcraa aka Betty IG for quite awhile so I am sad to hear of her loss.

But....
why are we only thinking on one player? There have been several players we have lost in the past few months, in addition to a really great GM who did a hell of a lot of stuff, pretty much all of them unexpectedly.

Instead of just honoring one person why cant that tree that was put up for Tinsie be made active, last I checked it wasnt working right so you couldnt put up a memorial paper for someone. Or add something that honors all RL people we have lost somewhere general.

You do it for one then it really creates ill-will among others as they would consider their friend just as important & just as well known.

Just some thoughts from someone who is really a bystander as she didnt know Kitt personally.

"Slo ku pivo'hrr'shu, Azhaquai Tel'rath'a Gavelg. Ushnish's s'zhaan."
"Mivar Feas, Alrar Abues. Ruai Abarai'ati, Abarakh Zaradil."
"Moya Dha ch'ohalk vassai. Alia jacta est. Adflictatio, Delectatio.."
Re: Memorials for one or all? (editted) 03/05/2006 11:49 PM CST
If you feel that strongly about it, then put it to work and try to get it done. There's nothing stopping you and I agree, there have been a lot of great people lost over the years. I think the fact that so many of Kittrinna/Kathleen's friends have banded together to try to get something done to remember her by should be taken as nothing less than it is. It's something to help us remember what a great person she was and if it does happen, then, all the better for them and all the more reason for others who've lost those near to them to try and find something to help them remember their loved one by.
Re: Memorials for one or all? (editted) 03/14/2006 10:59 AM CST
...and im sure she'd appreciate aall the love everyone has been showing.

Adam/Ragran
Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/07/2009 01:32 PM CDT
A date and time has been set for Rudius' OOC in-game memorial.
I'd like to send a huge thank you to GM Alvy for helping make this possible.

Memorial for Rudius
Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2009
Time: 10pm EST

This information can also be found on the DragonRealms Events page for DR Prime:
http://www.play.net/dr/events/calendar.asp?ID=1001&date=8%2F7%2F2009

Some basic information:
- All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- The memorial will have a pirate theme to honor Rudius' swashbuckling life.
- There will be designated time for anyone who wishes to speak about their memories of friendship with Rudius.
- You are not required to speak.

We hope to see you all there to share memories of a wonderful man who enriched the DR community in so many ways!

Sincerely,
Kelsey, player of Seiyori & Euphoriah
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/08/2009 11:58 AM CDT
Nice job hun. Glad you got in touch with GM Alvy, she's the bomb.

To err is human, luckily I'm an Elf.
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/08/2009 12:22 PM CDT
Aw, thanks Valelaer. And thank you very much for your advice to get in touch with GM Alvy. She has been great. I really think the memorial will be as enjoyable as such an occasion can be, and I just wish Rudius could see it! We have some things planned that we're sure would make him laugh (such as providing rum as the only beverage!).

Sincerely,
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/08/2009 12:26 PM CDT
I have a barrel of his in my vault that you are welcome to use for the memorial. Contact me ingame and I will get it for you. If someone would like the barrel I would be happy to let them have it, though it must be a person that would treasure.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/08/2009 02:14 PM CDT
Hi Miv,

What exactly is it a barrel of? If it is something that could be used at the memorial, please let me know. So far, myself (Seiyori/Euphoriah) and Devish have been doing most of the planning, along with GM Alvy, for the memorial, so perhaps you could lend it to one of us for use in the memorial. I'm not sure if I've ever met you in-game, but is 'Miv' your full character name? I will keep an eye out for you.

I am lucky to have many mementos from Rudius, so if a different person who was close to Rudius but does not have much to remember him by would like to keep the barrel following the memorial, that is absolutely fine (or it could be returned to you after the memorial).

I will look for you in-game! We can talk about it then.

Sincerely,
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/08/2009 09:50 PM CDT
Full name is Mivoring and it is a barrel full of booze that is wearable. If someone after the memorial would like it please let them have it. I have more things that he had given to me. I will miss the memorial as I will be on vacation for 3-8 weeks depending on my mood.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/17/2009 10:06 AM CDT
im sorry to hear about this. i enjoyed talking with Rudius in DR.

my sympathy to his family and friends
Re: Memorial for Rudius: Date and Time 07/25/2009 04:06 PM CDT
I read this with a very heavy heart. Rudius and my characters have known each other for several years. I had been away at school and when I came back a presence that was always there was missing. I expected him to appear at anytime so I could yell at him and tell him to leave me alone. I feel so bad for the times I yelled at him. I remember when I would get mad at him he would pull out his captain's log and inform me that it was recorded I was his wench and his parrot "Petey" would remind me as well. I'm sorry I never finished telling you your favorite story, Rudius. I'll finish it for you.
Memorial for Rudius: NEW Date 08/11/2009 06:54 PM CDT
Regretfully, a last-minute family commitment came up for me IRL and I had to postpone the memorial for Rudius.

Here is the new information:

Date: Friday, August 14
Time: 10pm EST
Place: Crossing Amphitheater (you can use DIR to find)
http://www.play.net/dr/events/popup-event.asp?fID=1007&ID=30071&popup=true

I sincerely apologize to any of you who wanted to attend Rudius' in-game OOC memorial but can not make this new date. Again, to anyone who is interested in attending, please come!

There will be...
- Designated time for ANYONE to speak about their memories of Rudius. Don't be shy!
- Seafood and rum to enjoy.
- A funeral pyre on which you may place items that remind you of Rudius. Please note that the funeral pyre will be burned at the end of the event, so your item(s) will be lost.
- For all those who do not have an item to bring, forget to bring it, or do not wish to burn their keepsakes, there will be Therengian Roses available.

I can't wait to see you all there. It will be so wonderful to hear the stories you all have, and the times you shared with Rudi.

Sincerely,
Player of Seiyori & Euphoriah
Anthony T. Liaw Memorial Fund 08/19/2009 04:24 PM CDT
Thank you so much to everyone who attended Rudius' in-game memorial. The stories you told, songs you sang, poetry you wrote, and memories you shared were truly moving. The evening was very emotional for me, as I'm sure it was for many, but it was also therapeudic and it was comforting to be in the presence of Rudius' friends.

On behalf of Anthony's sister, Jane, I would like to share information about the Anthony T. Liaw Memorial Fund. Donations to this fund go toward supporting marine education, a cause Tony was very passionate about and often gave freely of his time to promote. Anthony always sounded very excited when he told me about how he volunteered with little kids, teaching them about the ocean. He was so generous with his time and I can only imagine how fun it would be to be a little kid being taught by him. If any of you would like to help and can spare a bit of money to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. To get the fund endowed requires a large initial cost. Every little bit helps.

The Anthony T. Liaw Memorial Fund has been established in his memory to support the CSULB Science Learning Center and Mobile Science Museum, a wonderful opportunity for children to learn about science and marine biology first-hand. The CSULB Foundation is a 501 C3 non-profit charity, and tax-deductible gifts may be sent to:

CSULB Foundation
c/o Jim McKibben, MS
Director, Science Learning Center/Mobile Science Museum
College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
1250 Bellflower Blvd, FO5-104
Long Beach, CA 90840-4501
mckibben@csulb.edu (562) 985-4841

The Science Learning Center/Mobile Science Museum program website is under development at: www.beach-science.org

Sincerely,
Player of Seiyori & Euphoriah