Tuesday Trilogy 12/17/2003 11:11 AM CST
Okay, so my family thinks I'm a little nuts. They might be right!

Yesterday I spent all day in a movie theater watching all three LOTR movies back to back. And I have just word to say.

AWESOME.

We had over an hour break between #1 and #2, so we left the theater and grabbed something to eat. The break between #2 and #3 was a bit shorter so we "tailgated" it in the parking lot. Some never left their seats. Saw lots of KFC chicken buckets and pizza hut pizza boxes passed around!

Would I do it again? Heck yes, in a heartbeat!

Everyone received a souvenir after the showing. It's a desk plaque...with three small windows. Each window contains a single frame of film from each movie. Just one of those silly collectibles -- that I would never buy for myself, but is kind of neat to have.

As for my review of the movie itself? It's breathtaking. The three hours and twenty minutes fly by. I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll wait till more people have seen it to discuss my likes and dislikes.

Can hardly wait to see it again.

Zabari
Cleric Liaison
Re: Tuesday Trilogy 12/17/2003 12:25 PM CST
I don't like those people who got to go to the triple feature thing. Only one movie theater in all of DFW did it. What mental midget marketing guru thought of that? They could have sold out every single theater they showed it in. This weekend I am hooking up the surround sound and playing the first two extended versions at home.

<shakes fist>

You are Scout Peperic Timarson, an Elven Ranger, all around nice guy and occasional board bully.
Re: Tuesday Trilogy 12/17/2003 01:45 PM CST
Certain death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?!

loved that line.
Re: Tuesday Trilogy 12/17/2003 02:11 PM CST
That still only counts as one!

--R*a*y**d*e*l**l, et al.

~The fluffy-huggy-lets be nice all the time attitude really brings this place down.