Matrix discussion 10/21/2003 07:41 AM CDT
>>Yah know there are really only three explinations for how he used his "super powers" outside the matrix...

1) He's somehow become so powerful as to use them in the real world. IMHO this is a lame answer.

2) The real world is infact another level of the Matrix. IMHO this is almost lamer them option 1.

3) When he left the Architect he never really in fact left the matrix (but everything before that part was in the real world) and is playing out some form of events based on his choice made with the Architect. IMHO this is the best possible answer of the three, though still a slight cop out as it implies quite a bit of stuff "Wasn't real".

Yah gots other explinations let's hear em, but honestly I think all of em boil down to those three.

-Mozzik<<

My theory is that Neo has figured out some kind of way to use the electrical impulses in his brain to mess up the electrical circuitry of the machines. The attack moves in the movie often have an asian "flair", so think of it as Neo throwing his "chi" around. We know the machines use all that energy from the human brain to run already, so what if someone figured out how to short-circuit them, by bombarding them with too much of that brain energy all at once?

Lathaliu's Player
Re: Matrix discussion 10/21/2003 10:24 AM CDT
I think its because of the melding between him and Agent Smith at the end of the first movie. Agent Smith could sense Neo, and visa versa. While Smith has some sort of link and hold onto the 'real world' now, so does Neo on the 'machine world'. Course, we'll all find out the real answer soon enough. =)

Jalika
Re: Matrix discussion 10/21/2003 12:22 PM CDT
>>Jalika>>I think its because of the melding between him and Agent Smith at the end of the first movie. Agent Smith could sense Neo, and visa versa. While Smith has some sort of link and hold onto the 'real world' now, so does Neo on the 'machine world'.

Interesting concept ... sounds somewhat like the story behind Harry Potter ... he got a bit of Voldemort and vice versa when Voldemort tried and failed to kill him as a baby.

>>Jalika>>Course, we'll all find out the real answer soon enough. =)

Ayep. <crosses another day off the calendar> Oh ... and Finding Nemo gets released on DVD the day before Revolutions hits the theaters, the Indiana Jones Collection (all three movies plus a bonus disc) is released today, Revolutions is only two weeks away, LotR:RotK is ~6 weeks, and the third Harry potter movie 8-10 weeks or less.

All in all, a good season. :-D

Now if they would just release the darn "special edition" of LotR:TT so I can go buy it. <mutter> I refused to be suckered this time like I was with LotR:FotR and buy it as soon as it came out, only to have the extended version come out two months later and I buy it again. <flail>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Matrix discussion 11/01/2003 01:02 PM CST
When I saw the movie, what I always thought about Neo being able to do that in the end was because one, it could all be a scam and they are still in the matrix (would figure by now after 5 times the same thing happening the Matrix figures out some way around it) but of course no one really likes that idea. But my husband and I were talking about it, and what we came up with as a possibility was that Neo was plugged in for so long (Morpheus even said they don't like unpluging people after their 'mind' reaches a certain age (which is still nuts because if Neo has done this over and over again then his mind would be older then dirt, even if he wasn't conciously aware of it) then they don't umplug them. Well with Neo they did, but I was thinking, the plug in the back of their head would be what translates the brain activity into the matrix, so the person can do what they want, still interacting with other people still plugged in, but I would figure that it would still put some kind of machine stuffs (energy or part of the machine itself) into the body. If that was the case, being more prominant in someone that was plugged in longer, then he would be able to feel the machines because he was 'part machine' himself. He could easily send off a sort of EMP wave himself that shuts down the machines (and would explain why he went unconcious as well).

Then there is the idea that when you grow something, you will get bad crops once in a while, and since the humans are 'grown' then Neo could be a bad crop that came from wherever (If I remember correctly they said Neo had come from a mistake by the Matrix) then he would be different and could possibly be part machine himself.

I don't know if I explained all that correctly, the way I am thinking anyway. But it makes since to me that it could be possible.
Re: Matrix discussion 11/01/2003 05:55 PM CST
>EMP wave

Pretty sure it's just EMP (electromagnetic pulse, for the three people on the planet that don't know). But yeah, great post there.

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

It has a dragonrealms section so I can spam it! Go me!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: Matrix discussion 11/05/2003 09:34 AM CST
Just caught a showing at 8 in the morning. It was sooo worth skipping class for. Matrix Revolutions kicked Reloades hiney.

Omir
Re: Matrix discussion 11/06/2003 11:23 AM CST
I'm going to nip this in the bud right here. This is a discussion folder for LOTR not The Matrix. Move this discussion to Tunes, Tomes and Trash please. Also, while I'm at it, I hid a post in here. While I can appreciate the enthusiasm, please be aware that these are not conflict folders and to watch the tone of your post when disagreeing about a movie, song etc.

Thanks,

Jacania

Any questions, concerns or issues please email me Mod-Jacania@play.net, Senior Monitor Dr-Redryn@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Dr-Cecco@play.net.