First time around... 12/28/2002 09:31 PM CST
Finally got to see it! Whoa...it was like waking up from a dream after the movie was over. It was absolutely gorgeous, but there was only one thing. Reading the Very Secret Diaries gave me fits of the snickers every time something serious was happening. My friend said that I broke out laughing at all the somber parts...I guess it was because my lense on life has become very twisted.

Looking back at it, I think that the actress for Eowen was wonderful. The script did a great deal to explain how Aragorn could see something in her...even with Arwen showing up in his dreams. At first I thought the portrayal of Faramir was spot on, but then it started to shift a bit. I'd have been easier if they hadn't shifted it that way.

The Ents were done well...but I still liked the original storyline's way of getting them to Isengard better. THe battle at Helm's Deep was incredible as well...beautifully done, beautifully fought, and there's only one thing I've got to wonder about. The old guy up on the wall slips on the string and shoots an orc in the neck. Obviously, if the old guy can hit them from there, they're very much in range of everybody else. So why does Aragorn give them ten seconds running toward the wall before the firing starts?

All in all I loved the movie though...even my little nitpicks are coming out of that. They ended it so well as far as timing goes that I know the third one is going to be full of so much action. We've still got Shelob, the Paths of the Dead, the battle of Minas Tirith, and the destruction of the ring...wow. That's going to be one heck of a third movie, that's for sure.

______No matter what it is, there is nothing that cannot be done. If one manifests the determination, he can move heaven and earth as he pleases. Moving heaven and earth without putting forth effort is merely a matter of concentration.