Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/05/2009 05:49 PM CST
All measurements are approx.

1/4 - 1/2 c olive oil
1 c orange juice
1/2 c Tattoo rum (used because it's a citrus rum)
1/4 c Worcestershire
1 tbs fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp all the following
-cilantro
-oregano
-ground mustard
-thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1 bay leaf

Marinade chicken at least 30 min. Grill or bake. If baked, leave 1/4 - 1/2 inch of marinade in the bottom of the pan.

I haven't grilled it yet, as I was just messing around in the kitchen tonight with it, but it turned out really good in the oven.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/05/2009 08:43 PM CST
At first I thought it was a list of ingredients for a drink and the mention of worcestshire made me want to vomit. It sounds pretty good but those measurements seem off unless you made a ton of chicken. I might give it a shot tomorrow night as I've already got chicken thawed in the fridge.
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/06/2009 12:01 AM CST
That looks good. I'll have to try it.

Being winter and football season, I'm working out some new crock pot BBQ recipes. And a mac & cheese (7 cheeses so far!).

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/06/2009 12:02 AM CST
mm.. post that mac and cheese when you're done

I've got a few recipies to share, let me get my notes together.

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/06/2009 12:18 AM CST
>>mm.. post that mac and cheese when you're done

Will do. I'm still working out details, but some of the basic ingredients:

Dijon mustard (I want to make my own and see how that goes, but for now I tend to use Grey Poupon)
White wine
Roasted garlic
Gryeure, mozerella, asiago, parmesan reggiano, white cheddar, and several others.
No American cheese or other processed cheese foods.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/06/2009 05:26 AM CST
<<It sounds pretty good but those measurements seem off unless you made a ton of chicken.

It's a marinade though, so you're going to want a lot to cover all the chicken in a bowl or plastic bag.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Orange Rum Chicken Marinade 12/06/2009 05:55 AM CST
>>It's a marinade though, so you're going to want a lot to cover all the chicken in a bowl or plastic bag.

This. Although also it was enough to cover 4 breasts in a plastic bag.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.