Oreo Balls 06/21/2009 11:43 PM CDT
I absolutely love these. One of my wife's RAs made them, and I have made them several times now.

It is incredibly simple.

Take one package of Oreos, 18 oz. (Don't even get me started on the fact that now the packages are 17oz but the same price, I haven't made them yet, but I will tomorrow, I expect they will mostly be the same.) Throw the entire package into a food processor, run that until they are entirely destroyed into a powder.

Next, move the oreo dust to a mixer and add one 8oz package of cream cheese (I use the low fat), mix that completely.

Now you will want to throw the mix into the freezer for an hour or two.

When you remove the mix, shape them into balls, little balls, bite sized. Normally I come out with about 40 I think. You will probably return the mix to the freezer a few times to keep things neater.

Once you have them all balled up, you can take some milk/semi-sweet chocolate, mix it with some heavy cream in the microwave, usually in 30 second bursts, mix after each time, until they are completely mixed. When you pull your utensil out it will be a nice steady flow, not a drip/glop.

Simply drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls, refrigerate, and eat.

My wife's RAs call them crack balls, and they are quite addicting!

What if all the world's inside of your head
Just creations of your own?
Your devils and your gods
All the living and the dead
And you're really all alone?
Re: Oreo Balls 06/22/2009 12:15 AM CDT
Just reading the title instantly made me think of Isaac Hayes as Chef (south park) singing "Chocolate Salty Balls"

Joking Aside I'm going to try this with my son. He wants to be a cook like his daddy and is always asking to help me in the kitchen so I'm sure he'll love shaping these into balls then drizzling them with chocolate.

-Denz

It isn't a troll thread because we don't agree with you. A troll is when someone posts something (usually offensive) just to get a reaction from people - Copernicus
Re: Oreo Balls 06/22/2009 12:31 AM CDT
I have to ask why you opt for the low fat cheese. ;)

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

[Aurdun] Why won't they just accept things I tell them point blank?
[Zeyurn] Obviously that would be cheating.
Re: Oreo Balls 06/22/2009 08:29 AM CDT
>I have to ask why you opt for the low fat cheese. ;)

I have to at least try to make them a little more healthy. Then people won't feel so guilty about eating 15 of them. :)

Re: Oreo Balls 06/22/2009 11:09 AM CDT
You're bringing some to SimuCon, right?

Solomon

Fight me:
http://la-bubbita.mybrute.com
Re: Oreo Balls 06/22/2009 06:15 PM CDT
>You're bringing some to SimuCon, right?

If I were going, I certainly would.

I am actually in the process of making some right now for our department meeting tomorrow. My first time making them with mint oreos. I think they will be delicious!