Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/10/2007 10:17 AM CDT
Needed: one simple recipe for the novice cook to make sesame wings.

To put this in DR terms: This recipe must be suitable for the cook with a skill of 10 or less in cooking and only the most basic, fresh out of the character maker level utensils.

My son is attempting to learn to make his favorite dish, which I have never learned to make. I buy this dish since I don't know how to cook Chinese food. I am assuming I am probably lacking most of the spices and/or special utensils used by the master chef of Chinese Food, and again, neither of us knows how to make any Chinese food other than fried rice.
Re: Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/10/2007 12:35 PM CDT
I didn't have a sesame recipe. I think I'll have to try one out as well. I bet the kids will like it.

I'd suggest a quick google for a few recipes. Most online recipes are easily readable, and go into enough detail so you can gauge difficulty. I looked around a little bit, just so I wasn't posting a 'google it' reply. Here's one I liked, and think is what you were asking for:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/chickenwings/r/bl40214u.htm

The only thing I would add to that is make sure you bake them on a well greased pan (not butter!). There is nothing worse than turning wings and having the skin-side stick. I maight also toast the sesames first, but its certainly not required; to do that, just drop them all in a medium hot DRY frying pan or skillet for 1-2 minutes before you add them into the marinade.

-THE Noob

Holy father - holy ghost
Who's the one who hurts you most
Rock the cradle when you cry
Scream another lullaby
Re: Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/10/2007 12:55 PM CDT
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger root
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
3 pounds chicken wings, wing tips cut off
3 tablespoons sesame seeds

>>In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, the honey, the vinegar, the gingerroot, the sesame oil, the garlic, and the cayenne, add the chicken wings, stirring to coat them with the marinade, and let them marinate, covered at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or chill them, covered, overnight. Stir the mixture, put the wings on racks in baking pans, and sprinkle them with sesame seeds. Bake the wings in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until they are golden and tender, and, if desired, broil them under a preheated broiler to about 2 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes to crisp the skin. Serve the wings warm or at room temperature.

Hope that helps some, best place I've always found for finding recipes. Foodtv.com

Can't normally go wrong there. Its where I found this recipe. Granted, only two actual sesame wings recipes actually pulled up. Its not something thats been covered on any of the food network tv shows. But its a recipe none the less of sesame wings :-)

Ramis and his brood.
Re: Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/10/2007 04:07 PM CDT

Keeping novice level in mind, as well as ease of finding ingredients. This one seems to fit well, May have to give it a shot as well now. (I'll be kicking the heat level up myself.)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Chicken-Wings/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 green onions with tops, sliced
1/2 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Dash pepper
2 1/2 pounds chicken wings

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Add chicken wings; coat well. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken to a shallow rack in a baking pan; discard marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Turn and bake about 20 minutes longer or until tender.
Re: Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/10/2007 07:31 PM CDT
Let me know how those turn out if you try them. Both recipes looked pretty good.

~Dulcinia

[Mvorn] "Dulcinia is the only woman I would allow myself to cheat on my wife with, she's dreamy"
[Mvorn] "Sometimes I dress Yuki up like you and have her yell at me, it's so hot"
Re: Any one have a simple version of this recipe? 09/13/2007 09:32 AM CDT
Thank you very much.