Hurricane Rita 09/23/2005 08:00 AM CDT
I live in Jasper, Texas on the Louisiana border about 60 miles inland directly due north of where the eye of Rita will hit in less than 24 hours. Would like to see a folder set up to keep track of how this 2nd huge storm effects our fellow DR players and hopefully keep in touch with those that need info in the area. Hope all are safe in SE Texas and SW Louisiana.

Player of Klurn Odarien
Re: Hurricane Rita 09/23/2005 08:11 AM CDT
Not sure how evacuation goes over in Jasper but it's reported that Galveston has evacuated 90% of its population, I think alot of Huston has evacuated too. The local authorities are doing a great job with this one.

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.
Re: Hurricane Rita 09/25/2005 12:11 PM CDT
I live in Sulphur, Louisiana which is on the westside of Lake Charles. My town seems to have been decimated. It looks like we've lost three homes and contents within my immediate family...won't know the full extent till the local authorities let us back in this Tuesday...we hope.

Most importantly....we did evacuate on Thursday. The normal 3 hour trip to Baton Rouge took us 14 hours...was an amazing experience.

It may be a bit before I can get back in game to play...thinking about calling next week to put my accounts on hold till I see exactly what damage and how long it will be before I get my own computer up and running again.

Prayes are with all of those in this community affected by either storm. We may have taken tremendous damage but alive to tell about it....we won. I have decided it's much more fun to read or RP an adventurous life rather than to actually live one:)

Rhena