Re: Soim 09/02/2005 08:12 AM CDT

<Has anyone been in touch with Soim?>

I talked with Robert as the storm was approaching him and again the day after it passed. He's in the NE part of Louisiana and he is Ok but there is no power in his area. I asked him if he had power or internet yet at home and his reply was...

...hell no (bleep) on both hard core now... not my computer here and borrowed
time some.

Kapi/Barb
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 12:04 PM CDT
Well at least you can be sure it was really Soim.

Sylvado

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 12:18 PM CDT
Glad to hear Robert is ok Barb. ::hugs:: Me and my husband knew he was in Louisiana just not sure exactly where. To everyone who has been impacted by this, my heart and prayers go with you. Watched way too much CNN lately and it is heartbreaking to say the least. Hard to believe this kind of devestation has hit the U.S.

Sherry
Shereanna/Elizabella
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 01:25 PM CDT
I'm not sure everyone really understands the geographic enormity of the situation.

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/katrina/KATRINA0000.HTM

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 04:45 PM CDT
<< "..hell no (bleep) on both hard core now... not my computer here and borrowed time some.">> Soim/Kapi

<<Well at least you can be sure it was really Soim.>> Sylvado

Well as I didn't understand what the heck Soim was talking about other than he had no power, I know it was Soim! I never could understand his posts when he got technical. Sure do miss him, even though there was no chance in hell I could ever see him when he hid, but he was always nice to me and I miss his "pressents" he used to stash in my quiver.

Zinaca
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 07:22 PM CDT
Just off the Phone with Robert(soim). He is still without power, but has a small generator. Power expected in his area by tomorrow.

Said it was the first time his phone rang since Sunday. He and his mother are doing much better then most. He is 60 miles or so out of the worst areas. Katrina had calmed to a 1 by the time it reached his area. Still many downed trees' etc.

For what its worth, I love the idea of a quest, proceeds going to help those in need. Great thought! I"d even go on one and remain lost in some alley for 5 hours for that!

Tea
Re: Soim 09/02/2005 07:48 PM CDT
Was just informed that the player of Catleena is alive and well, and her house is still intact! Horray!

Call me baby-face Lei.
Re: Soim 09/05/2005 08:26 PM CDT
<Well at least you can be sure it was really Soim.>

That's funny. He just simply spelled the word ARE 'OR'. If you figured that part out it was pretty easy to understand most of his posts.

You should see what he said when I told him people were asking if he was ok. Oh my...did the Robert in Robert come out. He's hilarious. Let me post what as much of what he said as I can without breakin rules....

tell them on simu... NOTE you never saw one whining or displaced or sad
looking BLEEP (CAJUN) we can survive anything. like the song... all i need
is a gun, a trout line and some beachnut to spit in some thugs eye... a
country boy will survive!!! BEEP Bllleeep Beep Bleeep Beeep bleep bleep... the rednecks and BLEEP are stronger than cockroaches and lived 100's of years without... sears and robuck as well as bell south yellow pages makes some dame fine TP and thats all the luxery I need. (by Soim/Robert)

Kapi
Re: Soim 09/06/2005 05:45 PM CDT
>>sears and robuck as well as bell south yellow pages makes some dame fine TP and thats all the luxery I need. (by Soim/Robert)

Heh.. hilarious. I did meet him at a SIMUcon once. I am glad to hear he is in good spirits.

~Halanny