The STAR BALL and DATE AUCTION -- crosspost from Zoluren Events 07/20/2013 07:13 PM CDT
Delicate parchment invitations have been delivered throughout the province of Zoluren. They are each written in an elegant, looping script, and fanciful images of stars and comets decorate the edges.

= =* * * STAR BALL * * *= =
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The Tavern Troupe requests your Company to attend this Ball, at the Raven's Court ballroom, Ustial Rd. nº. 2, the Crossing, on Kertandu, 40th of Skullcleaver, the Year 409. The Theme is Stars, Astrology, and all the many varied Wonders of the Night Sky.

Come dressed in your finest silks, glittering with the Gems of the Evening. There shall be Prizes awarded to the individual Best Dressed and the pair deemed Best Couple.

The Ball shall immediately follow a DATE AUCTION, to be held the same day at the Trader's Guild Auction Hall, Bank St. nº. 1, the Crossing, at the anlas of Dergati's Bane. At this auction, individuals of the highest Merits have graciously donated their time for Bidding. Be the winner of a date with one of the finest eligible Bachelors or Single Ladies in all of Zoluren.

Date Auction: Tuesday, August 6, 7 PM EDT. Crossing Trader's Guild Auction Hall -- go auction foyer, go hall.

Star Ball: Immediately following the auction, at the Raven's Court ballroom. From the front of the Trader Guild: w, s, go building, ne.

Stuck to the back of one of the invitations (maybe yours?), obviously by accident, is the following note:

I run a printing press, not a society of scribes! Do you realize how many Olvi I had to hire in order to complete HANDWRITTEN invitations? The expense will be great, I assure you. Not to mention the reams lost to berry stains and fingerprint smudges.

Handbills and newsletters, that is my remit! Next time you shall make do with printed invitations!

-- N.O.
Re: The STAR BALL and DATE AUCTION -- crosspost from Zoluren Events 07/29/2013 09:12 AM CDT
Last time, we did a week long raffle that ended with our "Winter Ball" over at the Half Pint Inn.

We had some fantastic guests show up and some very sharply dressed visitors. As always, the drinks and the food were totally free. I even managed to fandangle a gift for anyone who attended.

This time, it will be a Date Auction which will end with our "Star Ball" over at the Raven's Court building.

And it will be no exception. There will once again be free food and drinks. Also, I've managed to secure a gift again. This one will be a bit nostalgic for some of you who have been going to Events for years. For others, maybe not...

While the auction will feature some rather notable people, I must caution potential buyers. Winning a "date" at the auction does not entitle you to a personal slave. I know, I know. Some of you might have been hoping for that. But, that's just wrong. What winning the date WILL get you is some one-on-one time with that character. How you choose to use that time is between you and them, within reason and always with consent. But if you try to get Caraamon to dress like a S'Kra Mur; don't blame us when he caves your skull in.

So, what better way to make use of the time you've won than to show off at the "Star Ball" we'll be hosting? Get on your best "celestial-theme" attire and come strut your stuff! We'll be giving out some very special prizes to three very lucky attendees, so this is your chance to not only have a ton of fun; but to also get something cool out of it!

You DO NOT need to participate in the auction to partake in the festivities at the ball, but it is encouraged you attend both in order to get the full experience. Plus, you don't want to miss out on all the laughs when Kasto gets auctioned for a copper. :)

We'll be making arrangements for a number of Traders to carry items in their shops which will facilitate getting that "perfect starry look" and hosting a few more of our own item auctions which will feature items fitting the theme. So be sure to keep your gweths on to hear about when and where we'll be having these. We're pretty sporadic and impromptu with our auctions. I blame Anjinson and Rajara, you should too!

~♫~ The Tavern Troupe Performing Order reminds you : Don't be a Kasto! Know your limits and drink responsibly! ~♫~

What are you worried about, a pool of black shadows might jump up and bite you?