Looking For : Someone who is better with money than I am! 03/12/2013 11:35 AM CDT
Ever wonder if there was more to life than just sitting back and counting the hoards of profit you've been able to rake in?

Well... maybe!

The Tavern Troupe Performing Order is currently looking for a wizard of finance and general accountant. Some people like to call these sort of folks treasurers.

Before you say, "Oh! But I'm not a performer or anything like that!" Keep in mind, this is for an officer position in our organization and performance is not required. Although I should mention, it is always encouraged for all members of the order to be as involved in the activities as they are able.

This position is not limited to Traders, and this Order is not limited to Bards. We are looking for skill, talent, and focused dedication to duties. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of the current economy and be able to plan accordingly to increase the Order funds.

As per our Order Charter, The Conducting of the Chorus, the treasurer's duties are as follows:

1. The Treasurer will have total access to certain financial information concerning the Troupe.
2. It is the responsibility of the Treasurer to keep the Speaker, Vice Speaker, and the Council, informed on the Troupe’s financial status.
3. The Treasurer will assume the role of Vice Speaker if the Speaker or Vice Speaker is absent.
4. Only the Troupe's Treasurer will have the authority (ability) to transfer monies between funds.
5. The Treasurer will be responsible for moving funds out of the Trust fund and into other funds as requested by the Speaker.
6. The Treasurer will refuse to let the Speaker take out loans from the Troupe for beer.
7. It will be the duty of the Treasurer to coordinate all Troupe security, including working with the Director of any performance to provide adequate security for any gig. The Treasurer may recruit Security Team members from the general Troupe membership, or outside of the Troupe membership if needed. The Treasurer will disperse this coin amongst Security team folks equally, following the gig.
8. There are no term limits on the office of Treasurer. If the Treasurer ever leaves the Troupe, it will be the Speaker's duty to nominate a replacement, which shall be subject to a vote of approval by the Council.

So....

If you think that sounds like something you are able to do and you want to get involved, send me an e-mail and we'll set up a time for us to meet.

The same goes to anyone who would like to be involved in the Troupe at all. We're always on the look for new talent to showcase and we have a number of activities that both our members and the general population can be a part of! Just drop me a line!

Email: hexedbythenet@gmail.com
AIM: hexedbythenet

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Looking For : Someone who is better with money than I am! 03/12/2013 12:17 PM CDT
<<6. The Treasurer will refuse to let the Speaker take out loans from the Troupe for beer.

I feel this a rule that should be in all by-laws about treasurers. Well stated!

Nikpack