Winter Raffle and Ball - SUCCESS! 02/26/2013 07:29 AM CST
Wow. Just. Wow.

When my Vice-Speaker Eriniel approached me with the idea of having a raffle, I initially balked at the idea. I personally hadn't seen any sort of player-made-raffle in DR for a long time; I'm no authority on the subject, but the most recent that I remember is the wonderful "Box Raffle" the Locksmith Union does every so often. However, Eriniel was so inspired by the idea of having our own raffle that it was infectious. After talking about it at great length, she convinced me to take a dive in my vault and gather some items to give it a shot.

The very first day of selling tickets to this raffle was eye opening. Before the night was over, we had added two wonderful "Grand Prize" items that had been donated by generous players (keep reading for more details) and we had added another dozen or more items to the list of prizes. As the days ticked by and more tickets were sold, we kept adding even more items. At the end of the sales, we had thirty-six items to spread among fifty-seven players. Our goal here was that over half the ticket holders would win something... and they did. :)

Now, I'm sure you're curious (I would be!) about what this has all been building towards; And, ya know? Building is the best word for it! We're making the push for the Tavern Troupe to finally have their own tavern! To help this place be the best it can be, we've been fielding suggestions and ideas from not only our Troupe but also from a number of very generous benefactors. Thanks to the amazing response from everyone we're getting very close to accomplishing that goal.

Throughout this whole thing there have been some pretty amazing people who visited both myself and Eriniel when we were stuck in the HQ selling tickets. I'd really like to thank these people/players for helping us with the monotony and really making us both feel like the Tavern Troupe is a necessary a part of the community.

In no particular order:
* Anjinson * Sortny * Lydena * Kyarie * Calde * Linett * Keroo * Osus * Nefidyne * Taygar * Ticrit *

I also want to send a double special thanks to Calde and Kyarie for being the ones who donated the two "Grand Prize" items to the raffle. Calde provided us with that lovely piece of jump jewelry straight from the Simu Store. Kyarie decided to skip the profit (I know, strange for a Trader!) that she could have made selling the roar mask, and donated it to us.

One thing I should mention, while doing this raffle I was also given some pretty wonderful items. So wonderful, in fact, that I could not put them into this raffle (they were just too good) and I will be placing them in the next raffle we have.

Yes, we will have another!

As a tease, I will go ahead and mention the grand prizes for this raffle. They will include, but are not limited to: a foresters bow (3/4 RT), another piece of Jump Jewelry(60 charge), and the mana cutlass from Riot quest that changes look based on the users magic alignment.

Hah! Do those sound like some awesome prizes or what?

Anyways...

Here is a list of all the folks that need to pick up prizes from me:

Adlyn - a blue leather backpack embossed with an emblem of a rising moon (w/Contents)
Iagis - a polished belt frog
Tenderwolf - a hip pouch of plum Elothean silk (w/Contents)
Miskton - a wide platinum wedding band shaped like a pair of clasped hands cradling a blood-red ruby
Rikimari - a silver spidersilk haversack clasped with a platinum tower shield
Aaiyaah - an ebony silk instrument case embroidered with blood-red iera flowers
Gedricke - an articulated platinum ring
Altras - a thick leather sporran with dangling white fox tails

I will be floating around Crossings with Kasto for the next few days. All of these items are with him. If you see him, ask him about it. You may also contact me on AIM at HEXEDBYTHENET, or, you can shoot an e-mail to my play.net addy using the e-mail author button below my forum avatar.

WARNING: I WILL ONLY GIVE THE ITEMS TO THE CHARACTER THAT WON. NO ALTS. NO SPOUSES. NO BFF/WHATEVER.

tl;dr - Raffle was beyond awesome. Going to have another in the future. Check the list for your name.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Winter Raffle and Ball - SUCCESS! 02/27/2013 04:54 PM CST
DUH!

Eriniel let me know that I forgot someone pretty important who was really awesome during this Raffle.

Elriic - Not only did Elriic spend some time with Kasto in the Order Headquarters, but he also donated an amazing 4th Grand Prize to the next raffle. Be on the look-out for a very large "a damite tower shield with a tempered face" to present itself among the prizes. Elriic was also the player who bought the most tickets during the Raffle, putting us way over the top of our goal.

A very special thanks goes to him for his support of the Troupe!

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.