(no subject) 07/05/2012 08:11 AM CDT
Please join me in welcoming Kasto as the new Speaker for the Tavern Troupe.

Kasto has agreed to step up to the plate and revive the Order.
All talented folks interested in joining should seek him out in the area of Zoluren.

=Valkhan Silverspear=
Orders Administrator

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==
Revival 07/05/2012 10:36 AM CDT
So, as I am the player of Kasto I feel I should say something about my personal intentions for the Order as well as how that will decide Kasto's actions in game.

First of all, I'd like to give a huge 'Thank you!' to Jhustis and the Order Team. I have always enjoyed the system and allot of us can remember a time when they weren't here at all. I can remember how hard each of the groups worked in order to set these up and persuade the GM's to code/build the system to hold it. As the years have gone by, they have continued to support the players with more and more tools for the Orders to use. Likewise, the Orders continue to support the players by giving them things to do or stuff to talk about. Even if you never participate and would never join an Order, I'm sure we can all agree that it does give this game more depth and operates as a venue for those who do like that stuff.

With that in mind, I have always enjoyed the idea of the Tavern Troupe Performing Order. Although I never had one of my characters in it before, I did contract them on a few occasions to do work for them. I always found this to be one of the best features of the Order, the 'Talent Agency' aspect of the group. I aim to keep to this procedure with some minor updates to the services and pricing. Also, I have already begun to structure the council with some of the members being devoted to internal services like a dedicated Trader for Order members and a dedicated Blacksmith for most metalworking needs.

Over the years there have been some really great players to be in the ranks of the Troupe, some pretty awesome writers too! Not just song but stories and whole performances. Not just in the Tavern Troupe either! I think through allot of their events the former Tavern Troupe incarnations were awesome at being encouraging and promotional towards everyone who wanted to step into a spotlight for a moment. I think that is probably my favourite feature about the group, its celebratory nature towards self-expression in its many forms.

It always seemed to me that the Troupe as an Order, simply functioned as a means for patrons looking for talent or talent looking for a stage could find what they are seeking. Being the 'facilitator' for those types of requests really seemed to be the strongest ability of the Order. In that line of thinking I aim to set-up the governing body of the Order as a type of executive administration. The Council and the Officers will not be performers but in trade 'managers' and 'talent scouts' who will represent the talent contracted/recruited into the Order or look for new acts to book.

It is my hope that with the 'executives' handling the profit, the 'talent scouts' looking for new performers, and the 'managers' providing service to the membership there will be little else left to to but plan some really fun events. Find Kasto around Crossings and listen to his 'business proposition' about the Order if you have any interest at all.

And as always:

No. You do not have to be a Bard :)

You snap your furry fingers.