Player run Orphanage 10/22/2012 02:36 PM CDT

I am wondering if it would be possible to set up a player run orphanage in Shard, myself being one of the player operators. This orphanage will basically be able to take the names of those looking to adopt someone, and those that are looking to be adopted.

would be great thanks!
Re: Player run Orphanage 10/22/2012 04:04 PM CDT
>>Jmilliman: I am wondering if it would be possible to set up a player run orphanage in Shard, myself being one of the player operators. This orphanage will basically be able to take the names of those looking to adopt someone, and those that are looking to be adopted.

I don't think the GMs have sanctioned any new official orders in years, but there's no reason that you can't start an unofficial group.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Player run Orphanage 10/22/2012 06:30 PM CDT

actually looking to make a building and what not, not sure how to go about setting it up, any suggestions would be great
Re: Player run Orphanage 10/22/2012 10:56 PM CDT
'Making' a building in DR, for a player group, is a massive undertaking.

See how long it took the orders to get their own houses. You're not going to get it in a day with a few bucks.

Though you could probably work out a deal with Solomon and pay cash for one.

Your best bet will be to find a building whos setting fits your intended RP. Or just make a website and run most of it through that. The concept sounds pointless to me, I don't know tons of people looking for adoptees in DR.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Player run Orphanage 10/23/2012 01:12 AM CDT

Well, there is an orphanage building already standing just outside of Crossing the the Middens. It's a pretty big place too.