Re: Order Titles 12/04/2007 08:28 PM CST
On behalf of the Theren Guard, thank you very much for the Order titles, Ariawen as well as the Titles Guru.

We truly appreciate it.

By my hand~

Aaiyaah Kenman
Speaker
Order of the Theren Guard
Re: Order Titles 12/04/2007 09:18 PM CST
A huge thanks from ODS as well.
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 01:59 AM CST
Can I ask who the Titles Guru might be? He/she's been working hard of late.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 10:34 AM CST
I just need to know if I have general member available under order titles due to my membership in an unofficial order of crystal wolves or if order of the dragon shield is using a years old membership list and putting me on it again when i'm not a member of order of the dragon shield now. I love it if it's from Crystal Wolves. I'm going to be upset if Order of the Dragon Shield is putting me back on their roster when I gave my seat to Drexella and moved on years ago.

"I realize that nothing's as it seems"
--Sting, Desert Rose

"Approach it and there is no beginning;
follow it and there is no end." Lau Tsu, Tao Te Ching

"All we are is dust in the wind"--Kansas, Dust in the Wind.
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 11:31 AM CST
>>Can I ask who the Titles Guru might be?

I believe Obsden did the brunt of the work for Titles 2.0, not sure if he's actually the guru though
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 02:10 PM CST
It's not the ODS putting you back on but it could be listed in an old GM database and kicking in or you still have a badge somewhere that you aren't aware of. As far as I know you're not on our lists anywhere. I'm also wondering if it's possible if it's a case of 'once a member' it would show up, because the character will have been flagged of having belonged to an order, any order.
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 04:25 PM CST
Unfortunately, it's not the Crystal Wolves. As an unofficial order, we don't get any order titles.

I just checked myself to be sure.

title pre list order
There are no titles you may choose from that category.

Wanted to let you know.
Re: Order Titles 12/05/2007 05:48 PM CST
Yah I'm 99% positive titles are directly related to badges for both orders and military/diplomacy stuff now.
Re: Order Titles 12/06/2007 01:21 PM CST
>title pre list order
There are no titles you may choose from that category.

um, isn't the locksmith union an official order?

schvartz

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Order Titles 12/06/2007 01:22 PM CST
>um, isn't the locksmith union an official order?

Nope, never was.

~Rafland
Re: Order Titles 12/07/2007 02:28 PM CST
To answer some of your questions:

1. Only a sanctioned Order can have the Order Titles. Locksmith Union is a player group only.
2. <<I'm going to be upset if Order of the Dragon Shield is putting me back on their roster when I gave my seat to Drexella and moved on years ago.>>

That would just be silly trying to force someone to be part of an Order they have no desire to be in. I am sort of surprised that anyone thought this was happening. So let me be clear.

a) No-one will deliberatey be put onto any rolls other then those you elect to be a member of. That isn't possible unless the person stands there while a Speaker or Vice-speaker waves a scepter at them etc.
b) We are all playing a major game of catchup. This means that ol membership rolls that haven't been touched for years for various reasons are now kicking back in. I am in the process of housekeeping and now it is quite possible that old members will find themselves back on the rolls. If that happens,just post your character name here, the old Order name, and I will arrange to have the name removed. Please put 'Remove from Order" in the subject and then put in the character and Order to be removed.

Beware scepter-waving Speakers and Vice-Speakers!

Ariawen.
Re: Order Titles 12/10/2007 06:20 AM CST
I had trouble with this a few times, my name magically appearing on membership rolls long after I left. Each time I have contacted the Order of the Dragon Shield and was assured that my name had been removed.

Please remove Siobhannic Maridyth

They are good people. But I choose to give my seat to Drexella and then resigned, informing them and the GM in charge of orders at the time in writing just to ensure this would not happen at some later point. That's what makes this so ironic.

--Sting, Desert Rose

Re: Order Titles 12/10/2007 03:07 PM CST
And.. that's just it. I got a membership list. Sio isn't on it. Wasn't on it. Still isn't on it. It's not her being put back on the ODS list. I can't explain it if she's getting that title under orders. It's not from ODS.

Drex
Re: Order Titles 12/11/2007 02:06 AM CST
The problem was at my end. I am sorry its caused anxiety. However, it is gone, squished and fixed!

Ai
Re: Order Titles 12/11/2007 10:58 AM CST
Thank you so much!

--Sting, Desert Rose