Petition to the Venit Mir of Li Tumbra Mir 03/13/2006 04:40 PM CST
A Petition to the Venit Mir

By the Hand of Drelv Duteries, a Ranger of the Realm:

??And they shall gather in a Circle, wrought of Iron, forged from the Spirit of their souls.?

"The Circle is Forever," spread across the lands, for they believed that if they were eternally vigilant, the Circle would remain unbroken.?

The words above called to me when I at first set eyes upon them. I and others like me were coming together to create a fellowship of like minded folks through the creation of a new order for all Elanthia, and through that effort I came upon those words. These words described exactly what I and others had been searching for? I wondered to myself, how it was that I had never heard of this order before, and how such an order was not the preeminent order in all the land? I took further steps to offer myself as a member of the Li Tumbra Mir? After speaking with the Speaker of the Mir, Father Jarle, I was invited to a gathering of the Mir?When the day of the gathering arrived I was anxious to meet the remaining members of the order, for at last, I thought, here were folks that espoused much of what I believed honorable? That anxiety soon turned to confusion, and then dissolved into dissolution when no member of the Mir arrived for the gathering. My dissolution nearly condensed into dismissal of the idea that any group or order would ever adhere to their own stated goals? But I would not allow that thought full life? Instead, I boarded the Lybadel and returned to the mainland.

That long ride offered me solitude to consider the situation on a grander scale? Understandably, Otherworldly matters affect Elanthian life; By Father Jarle?s own words I knew that the roster of the Mir had dwindled considerably over the years of the order?s existence. Through the attrition of Otherworldly events, and obligations many of the members of the Li Tumba Mir have gone away leaving The Iron Circle on the verge of sundering. This attrition is an expected, and in many cases, an unavoidable occurrence? Even the speaker himself told me that he no longer had the time to devote to the maintenance, and recruiting necessary for the order? as it is said? ?Life happens?? I, Standing on the perimeter of the Circle, and seeing the corrosion eating away at the Mir I understood what it was I needed to do: I would petition the Venit Mir and try to save the Li Tumbra Mir, If it be their wish that I should try?

I write to you this day? 382 years, 308 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer in the 8th month of Skullcleaver the Dwarven Axe, in the year of the Iron Toad? to ask the Venit Mir for acceptance into the Li Tumbra Mir and with their approval, sanctioning, and granted authority to do so? I will go forth throughout the Realm and seek worthy adventurers willing to come forth and join with the Li Tumbra Mir. I understand that such an act is not entirely in accordance with the bylaws of the order, but these are dark days for the Li Tumbra Mir, and a crisis exists for those that wish for the continued existence of the order. As I have said? I stand on the perimeter of the circle, not yet even a part of what you have created, yet I offer and dedicate my allegiance to the Li Tumbra Mir. Otherworldly affairs also constrain my life in Elanthia, but I do have time enough, to dedicate towards the continued survival of the Li Tumbra Mir? It would sadden me to see the complete evaporation of the Mir.

Let the circle go unbroken? In what time it is that I have to offer, allow me to go forward and rejuvenate the ranks of the honorable Li Tumbra Mir?

With Sincerity, Your faithful servant?

Drelv Duteries, a Ranger of the Realm.
Re: Petition to the Venit Mir of Li Tumbra Mir 03/14/2006 11:24 PM CST
I am Lamborn Paack Vice Speaker of the Mir. I would like to see this happen and I am pleased with your idea to save the Mir. If I can get an approval from the memebers that are left to let your join and if Jarle does not have the time to hold the ceremony I will get the necassary tools for the indcution of a new member. You may contact my pigeon LambornDR
Re: Petition to the Venit Mir of Li Tumbra Mir 03/16/2006 08:53 AM CST
I would be glad to meet with you if it can be arranged for my acceptance into the Mir. As it stands, I lost two people who had trusted me to accompany me to Aesry for the gathering of the Li Tumbra Mir...When no one showed they decided to petition the Order of the White rose. I do not know if they have been accepted there as yet, but if they have not, I will try to convince them that their first impressions were correct. There are a few more folks that may still be interested, as I said before, Dragamar and myself had started recruiting for our new order and some of these folks may wish to come to the Mir since it is already established and recognized. I sincerely hope that this effort will bear fruit...

My pigeon goes by the name MJMnomad if you need to speak to me before or after the decision of the remaining members of the Mir... thank you for your time, Drelv Duteries, a Ranger of the Realm.