He's gone fishing for good 03/05/2012 05:33 PM CST
I hate being the bearer of such news, but I won't leave it up to someone else to post it. This is extremely hard for me to have to write so bear with me.

Leo Clark, the player of Darkskye passed away today from to complications due to an infection. He'd been in the hospital all week and his sister had kept in contact with us on his condition. Unfortunately, he deteriorated quickly and wasn't able to recover.

The family has asked that if anyone wished to do anything in his memory, to make a donation to the American Diabetes Association.

Leo was an avid fisherman in real life and that passion carried over into the game. He was the Speaker of several official orders, including the Apostles and more recently the Order of the Dragon Shield. He'll be missed by those of us that knew him well and appreciated his sense of humor. His posting name was Relayer, the amusing artwork recently done were all his creation.

I was one of the lucky few that got to talk to him by phone several times a month. I'm going to miss him terribly.
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/05/2012 07:29 PM CST
Wow, thanks for posting that as I hadn't heard. What a total shock. Leo was a great guy both in and out of the game.
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/05/2012 08:33 PM CST
That's a huge sucky downer to a decent day, he was one of the first big rangers that I met in game, and he had a way with making his character seem so relaxingly cool, it was just cool. Really made me push to learn as many cool verbs, to try to emulate that style and swagger he seemed to have.

My prayers go out to him and his family.

I'm just shaking my head at how many of the people that re-welcomed me into the realms seem to no longer be in game, it sucks even more when its for this reason.

Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/06/2012 04:14 AM CST
I'm very sorry for your loss, Drex, and for anyone else who knew him.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/06/2012 02:49 PM CST
Day-yamn. I'm so sorry, Drex. He was a great guy, in and out of game.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/07/2012 09:47 AM CST

Damn.. that is some fairly harsh news. Spent some time as an ODSer and Darkskye wasnt always my favorite person, but the guy was fairly consistent when it came to being an Awesome Dude(tm) for anyone that needed a hand.

Funny as hell, good fisherman, even better 'Fish Story' teller, and a helluva 'random pictures that make you laugh for no reason' creator.

Hope you finally get to catch The Big One dude, you deserve it.

I think it'd be pretty neat to put together some sort of IG 'farewell' for the guy, I know for sure I'd put time aside to make sure I could be there.
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/07/2012 02:08 PM CST
I'm not an ODS'er, but I have known a number of you guys- and you are great people.

Since he was a fisherman, I propose a fishing tournament.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: He's gone fishing for good 03/07/2012 06:09 PM CST
Yes, a fishing tournament is at the top of our list.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.