Seeking nominations for commendations 06/04/2009 07:19 PM CDT
Fellow Shielders and friends of ODS,

I'm seeking nominations of people to be commended in a visible manner for their contributions to the campaign against Lyras. These can be order members, non order members, Havenites, Therengians. I'd prefer to keep it pretty limited to Therengians since this is our order's area of focus. Nominations should include a reason why this person [or these people] should be commended above and beyond the norm. Please send them to diame@play.net. The deadline for this is June 24th so that I have time to sort them all out by the ceremony dinner at the end of June. I plan to rent the banquet hall in Haven for a small, semi-formal celebration by invitation.

Thanks much,
Drexella
Speaker type person

===
Baltiziel says, "I am not shopping.. I am... observing the inner workings of Therengia Commerce on a macro economic level"
Re: Seeking nominations for commendations 06/07/2009 08:47 PM CDT
I've gotten some good lists and I want to thank those that have sent them to me. We'll be compiling and working on the names as they come in. Of course I can't promise that anyone nominated automatically gets something since I have a limited number but we'll see what we have by the end.

I've had a couple questions of what I'm looking for the most so I wanted to answer that here. What I'm seeking is more folks that have RP'd this out first and foremost, and folks that have gone above and beyond. Standing by the gate killing things a couple hours a day is great but is it for the RP of defending the gate or just because it's a new thing to kill? I am much more likely to want to commend a low level person that spent days on end collecting, sorting and getting blessed arrows and bolts for the fighters because they want so badly to contribute to the overall campaign effort. Or the moon mage that dashes about the provinces to collect reinforcements for the triage. Or the ranger that is out there sacrificing training time to forage the best herbs to help out. Or the people that risk themselves to go fetch bodies and weapons in the thick of battle.

I'm looking for the unsung heroes that not everyone has noticed.

===
Baltiziel says, "I am not shopping.. I am... observing the inner workings of Therengia Commerce on a macro economic level"