Re: ODS Novice Auction cancelled for August 10/10/2007 01:29 AM CDT
No, they're on pause. We don't have an orders GM until Olarra gets back and trying to inform novices without a little bit if GM help is nigh to impossible. Plus after a year and a half straight I needed a few months off. I have no idea about someone grabbing stuff in Crossing the other day, if they did I guess someone will let me know eventually since I store and organize it all.

Yes, the link is correct.

Drex
ODS Novice Auction 02/12/2008 03:58 PM CST
..is back! Our next one is scheduled for March 30th. It'll be on the news and calendar soonish. I have plenty of items for this first one. All we need is order members to help out and novices [without extra coin].

Drexella
Speaker/Commander
Order of the Dragon Shield
Re: ODS Novice Auction 02/13/2008 05:43 AM CST
Fun times. You know I will be there

Sliayyl Salazar
Vice-Commander of ODS
Re: ODS Novice Auction 02/13/2008 06:09 AM CST
I can't wait for it, one of the best player run events.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Congrats, ODS! 02/24/2008 12:56 PM CST
Which Order is the biggest? That's right, this one right here! Well done, folks. I look forward to seeing our Order continue to expand and thrive.

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://enchantress.leika.googlepages.com/home
Character customization through shifts, alterations, and custom enchantments!
March doings for ODS 03/03/2008 04:28 PM CST
Lots of stuff going on this month.

2008/3/6 - Strike Force 10pm EST [meet in town hall]
2008/3/12 - Town Hall meeting 10 pm EST [assembly room of town hall]
2008/3/14 - Group hunt! 9:30 EST [going to TC, meet at town hall]
2008/3/15 - General Meeting 9pm EST [meet at Haven east gate]
2008/3/16 - How to: Plan and host an ODS event 9pm EST [meeting house]
2008/3/17 - How to: Plan and host an ODS event [repeat]
2008/3/30 - Novice Auction 9pm EST [Haven trader guild auction hall]
Re: March doings for ODS 03/05/2008 12:34 AM CST
2008/3/16 - How to: Plan and host an ODS event 9pm EST [meeting house]
2008/3/17 - How to: Plan and host an ODS event [repeat]

Because I've had a number of requests for it, yes this class is open to folks outside the order that would like to attend, but please keep in mind that my focus is going to be on hosting ODS specific events so adjustments would have to be made for anyone not in ODS or an official order.
To all members of ODS 04/28/2008 12:48 AM CDT
This is an official type message. Attendance is mandatory.

In the past we haven't been real sticklers on attendance, but we have a number of people on the roster that we literally haven't seen in quite some time and it's impossible to tell if you still have an interest in being a member if we never see you.

We have recently re-written the bylaws and once they take effect the time frame will be such that if we do not see or hear from you for 3 months we will assume that you no longer wish to be a member. This can be avoided by contacting myself or Sliayyl to discuss your availability and a possible leave of absence.

We are making every effort to get the word out to all members of the Order now so that you are aware that this is going to be going into effect very soon.

Thanks much,
Drexella
A thank you from ODS 05/26/2008 12:52 AM CDT
I just want to say thank you to the people that have donated to the novice auction recently.

A sincere thanks to:

Wodynn
Rallyne
Valynn
Kropi
Katrinal
Marsais
Tsun
Thundrek
anonymous
Worrclan
Boobuh
Rosealynn
Artilius
Renlak
Averlaan

The donations and help are highly appreciated. To all Shielders, I love you guys. Thank you for all the hours you put in on this event.

Drex
ODS schedule for June 06/03/2008 12:06 AM CDT
6/6 - Council meeting
6/9 - ODS 101
6/14- General meeting
6/16- ODS 101
6/18- Town Hall
6/20- Council meeting
6/23- ODS 101
6/29- Novice Auction
6/30- ODS 101

Not sure if we're doing a make-up meeting yet in June, SF is yet to be scheduled and announced.
A thank you from ODS 06/29/2008 11:44 PM CDT
I'd like to thank the people of the realms that generously donate items and time to the auction that we hold monthly for the novices.

This is the list of people that have given this month:

Mazrian
Feystam
Verbal
Rihaun
Ogadai
Trustin
Wodynn
Fyriestorme
Galahant
Zalan
Sliayyl
Hual
Tsun
Celitha
Rehlyn
Rheela
Averlaan
Aleyden
Rayje
Razzer
Boobuh
Rallyne
Chelmoraes
Ragad
Caelumia

We truly appreciate you all.

A huge thank you to the ODS members that spend so much time each month sorting, setting, appraising, weighing and working the night of the auction. Without you this wouldn't happen at all.
ODS news 07/11/2008 09:49 PM CDT
Tonight the council voted in two new members: Zaslamel and Liock. Welcome to you both!

Reminder, General Meeting tomorrow was moved up to 6pm EST so we can all attend the outpost event in Therengia after.
Re: ODS news 07/12/2008 03:57 PM CDT
Congrats Zaslamel and Liock, welcome to the family

Renlak
Thank you ODS 07/28/2008 07:21 PM CDT
Thank you for the Noobie Auction.

I had a blast and everyone was very friendly. I walked away with a bunch of stuff and didn't actually spend a Lirum. I'm going to get the word out to all the new people I meet to make it to that auction!

Risorn

My wife: How do you win Dragon Realms?
Me: It's not a game you win or lose. It's just fun to play.
My wife: It's stupid to play a game that you can't win.
Re: Thank you ODS 07/28/2008 07:40 PM CDT
Thank you Risorn, we're very glad you had a good time. Definitely pass the word, just no promises that they'll all get as lucky as you were. ;)

News 4 10 is where it'll be advertised each month.
Re: Thank you ODS 07/28/2008 09:26 PM CDT
That was a once in a lifetime thing for sure!

How many circles do you need to be to join the ODS?

I really like your work.

Risorn

My wife: How do you win Dragon Realms?
Me: It's not a game you win or lose. It's just fun to play.
My wife: It's stupid to play a game that you can't win.
Re: Thank you ODS 07/29/2008 02:19 AM CDT
No circle requirement, just find one of us or our website.
A thank you from ODS 08/04/2008 10:52 PM CDT
I'd like to take a moment to give thanks to those that generously donate to the Order of the Dragon Shield monthly novice auction. These donations help us to keep the auctions going and provide great items for our new folks.

So a huge thank you to:

Gwenddolyn
Therengian Cavalry
Neirif
Selame
Sliayyl
Tikoro
Risorn
Latra
Dartainyah
Rudius
Angem
Renimar
Syyrin
Warchyld
Tavern Troupe
Gallanthur
Tsun
Celitha
Dricila

And a huge thank you to all the members and recruits of the order that put in massive amounts of time sorting, making sets, collecting donations and working the auction. It takes all of us to make this happen. I appreciate you all and what you do for the order.
ODS is Throwing a Street Party!!! 09/14/2008 03:01 PM CDT
Please join ODS on Saturday and Sunday 10/4 - 10/5 as the Order pulls out all the stops to throw a street party to celebrate the opening of the new Orders building in town.

Saturday night will feature a singles auction of Dragon Shielders. You heard it here first... I have confirmation that the ODS Commander, Drexella, will be auctioning off both a a kiss and a HUG to the victor of her auction.

Sunday night will feature a Sweetheart Ball.

Carnival games and food can be had both days! Keep your eyes and ears on the street, more details will be released soon.
Re: ODS is Throwing a Street Party!!! 09/14/2008 03:05 PM CDT
Nobody said she willingly offered this! Mumble mumble..Stuck with it now I guess.

Anyway will be tons of fun, we're still working on hiring roaming entertainment and running random contests and games and there will be more advertisements to come as we get things confirmed.

Drex
Re: ODS is Throwing a Street Party!!! 09/14/2008 09:39 PM CDT
Rumor has it that there will be trivia, and roshambo contests, even scavanger hunts, on both of those days!
A thank you from ODS 09/29/2008 12:12 AM CDT
It's been too long since I posted one of these.

The Order of the Dragon Shield would like to thank the following folks for their support and donations to our monthly novice auction:
Warchyld
Cordin
Saloric
Razzer
Valleseria
Rihaun
Meadowstalker
Sathraine
Mistwing
Calculon
Enwah
Craetheos
Algion
Kesava
Theren Guard
Rezzian
Raynzong
Seiryuu
Thundrek
Vrol
Sliayyl
Darkskye
Sebestyen
Katrinal
Dricila
Ogadai
Ezak
Hual
Valleseria
Faeldrin
Neirif
Rheela
Longbeard

Your contributions help us keep going month after month and we very much appreciate it. I'd also like to request again to not feed coin to the novices that you send to the auction. Novices should not have plats to spend as it skews the bidding. Our auctions are geared to those that have only a few silver or gold to their name.

Thanks much,
Drexella
Speaker person for the ODS
A thank you from ODS 10/06/2008 07:21 PM CDT
Cross posted from the Kudos folder.

I always dread writing thank you posts because I'm afraid I'll miss someone. But I'm going to try. Bear with me a moment and I'm sorry ahead of time if I missed anyone, I'm still a little brain fried and lacking in general sleep.

The faire turned out to be very fun with all kinds of little extras thrown in by players and GMs alike. We're deeply grateful to Ariawen for all the hard work and late night hours she put in on us.

We had wonderful traders in the Haven Market that came specifically for the weekend. Thanks so much to Vanthala, Ienna, Sortny, Littleclaw, Rajara and.. am I missing one? You helped add to the carnival atmosphere we were going for.

GM Averiss came to play with us and was very cool. The pig chase was a major bonus to the activities. GMs Lohkrian and Bursaal helped us with getting gifts open and announcements run and small technical issues. We had several game hosts called upon due to the dunk tent, thank you and my apology for confusion. Zompu handed us three vouchers for alterations to give out as prizes which was just awesome, thanks so much. Gemella watched over us all weekend and at the ball and was just fun to be around. Kinneth was the star performer twice, working the crowd both after the auction and again at the ball and did an excellent job.

Tavern Troup was great. Chabelle worked long hours running games both days as well as working the ball. Donalisa did palm readings and sang at the ball. Dulcinie and Gallanthur and Aeviona were fun to listen to during the dancing. A huge thanks to TT and since I know I missed someone-something just chime in and remind me please.

Havenites in general were all fantastic, pitched in to help when needed and kept the spirit of fun alive all weekend. We had visitors come from all over to join in and that made it really fun. We had fellow Therengian from across the lake drop their training and hunting for two days and just play with us and I want to thank them for it. Northern Watch, Theren Guard love you guys as always. Cavalry thank you for graciously moving your joust til next month and coming to play with us, I appreciate that.

And finally, ODS members and recruits. Wow, what can I say. You all came out and chipped in and worked your butts off and amazingly enough had fun doing it. This was a first time running an event for most of them and I can't tell you how impressed I am with the fine job they did. I never once got a single complaint about how any of the games or contests were run and that's just HUGE. You all went above and beyond and I'm so proud of this order I could bust. Oh and Darkskye makes pink look manly. All I can say.
ODS Novice Auction - October 10/27/2008 05:15 PM CDT
ODS wishes to thank those that have helped make our auction a continued success. The following people donated:

Ersorel
Boobuh
Sathraine
Rheela
Valleseria
Fryda
Bahbtahrol

A very sincere thank you to each of you. Without your generous donations, we could not continue doing what we do. The novices loved every item they got and thoroughly enjoyed the auction.

A special thank you goes out to each member that spent countless hours helping to make sets to auction as well as coming to help out the novices at the auction. Each one of you help make this a fun and wonderful event each month.

Rallyne
ODS Membership and Recruit Benefits 11/23/2008 07:01 PM CST

Tired of the same old Meetings?? Join The ODS Now!!!!

Learn amazing things from the Members like....Eating and Drinking

Rheela gets a slender red pepper from atop a soft white fringed cloth.
Rheela takes a bite of the pepper.
Rheela gasps for breath, almost choking for a moment!

Neeno takes a sip of his rum.
Neeno gasps and chokes as his face takes on a bright reddish hue!
Neeno spins around!
Neeno suddenly flings himself on to his back from a sitting position! How very
strange.
Neeno kicks his legs wildly into the air, lashing out at the ceiling!
Neeno sits up.

Experimenting with Unknown Powders!!!!!...

Vivikka gets a silver pin from inside a fine linen shoulder satchel stitched with
intricate blackwork embroidery.
Vivikka taps her pin.
Vivikka says,"Oh no!"
Vivikka's face twitches like a bunny rabbit before her releases a tremendous sneeze.
"Ahh....Aaaahhhhh.....ACHOOOOOO!" Drexella looks decidedly unhappy with her current
sneezing affliction.
Drexella's face twitches like a bunny rabbit before her releases a tremendous sneeze.
Razzer's face twitches like a bunny rabbit before his releases a tremendous sneeze.
Neeno utters a faint, dainty "choo". How cute.

Beauty tips from some of our Best Looking Members!!!!!

Selame unwraps her dust and dumps its powdery contents into her palm. She pinches it
between her fingers and sprinkles it over her head.
You see Selame Saldea, a Prydaen.
One look at the meat pie she calls a head is enough to turn anyone's stomach!

Rheela unwraps her dust and dumps its powdery contents into her palm. She pinches it
between her fingers and sprinkles it over her head.Rheela suddenly gazes upon the
world with newly found, uglier eyes. Yowsah!
Selame looks at Rheela and blanches.

You see Rheela Ellig, a Prydaen.
She has a face only a mother could love. A mother ape, maybe.
Raithren looks at Rheela and blanches.
Mistwing says, "You don't look that bad, maybe with a little makeup..."

You see Selame Saldea, a Prydaen.
She has a big, leafy head like a lettuce!

You see Raithren Kresla, a Rakash.
His face is so ugly it must be a Halloween mask! Take it off! ACK!

You are Darkskye D'leave, a Human.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?
Drexella looks at you and quickly takes a big step away.

Transmorphing!!!!!!!!

Sulith uncorks his potion and sniffs at its opening before drinking it. Bottoms
up!Liquid shadows ooze up from the ground and climb methodically around Sulith.
Sulith tries to scream out, but the shadows quickly move to his head and fill his mouth,
halting the sound before it even begins. Sulith's wide eyes stare out from the inky
Blackness as he shrinks and sprouts a pair of wings. He became a shadowling before your very eyes!
Sulith says, "Bimooboogi ga?"
Sulith acts just like a shadowling. Wow! That sounds just like one!

Summon Hordes of Insects!!!!

Ezmirelda hurls her ceramic flea onto the ground!
A huge cloud of dust and fleas sprays out everywhere!
You manage to dodge the awful cloud!
Drexella says, "Oh lords.. fleas."
Azeronn scratches his waist with annoyance.

Travel to exotic places!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azeronn unwraps his pollen and dumps its powdery contents into his palm. He pinches
it between his fingers and sprinkles it over his head.
A brilliant flash of blue light suddenly surrounds Azeronn. As it fades, he is gone!
Neeno says, "oopsie"
Rheela says, "Oh no"
Drexella says, "Uh oh"
Drexella laughs!
Drexella asks, "Kalean locate Azeronn please?"(Riverhaven)

Thundrek fingers his pin.
A brilliant flash of blue light suddenly surrounds Thundrek. As it fades, he is gone!
Selame exclaims, "Gone!"
Neeno says, "there went Thun"
Rheela says, "Oh no, we just lost Thund" (Aesury)

Learn the ways of Woodland Creatures!!!!!!

Razzer unwraps his powder and dumps its powdery contents into his palm. He pinches
it between his fingers and sprinkles it over his head.A cloud of green smoke
suddenly erupts around Razzer. When the fumes clear, you are aghast that Razzer has become a toad!
Razzer croaks loudly.
Razzer ribbits, "Rubbit"

Niktoahl looks like a giant green wart-covered toad.
Niktoahl's long slimy tongue flicks out and tickles Sekoria's ear.

*****NEED WE SAY MORE!!!!JOIN NOW!!!!*******
ODS Council Meeting Notes 11/29/2008 09:45 PM CST

Council Meeting Notes November 29:

Azeronn was accepted into our Order! Congratulate or console as needed.

Council approved the first Procedural Document "Duties of Officers and Council." It can be found in the Procedural Document subcategory under Bylaws in the Document section.

Sulith was approved to head up his to be named later Novice Program.

Thanks to Darkskye for standing in at Council. Now he knows what REALLY goes on behind that door.
ODS Membership News 01/02/2009 09:47 PM CST
Please join the membership of ODS in welcoming its newest Dragon Shielder - Hammerfist, and congratulating Kalnean on becoming the new Strike Force Leader.
ODS Membership News 03/07/2009 08:41 AM CST
Please join the ODS in congatulating its newest member, Ladeda!
ODS Membership News 03/21/2009 09:38 AM CDT
Please join ODS in welcoming two new members, Itherial and Grymmlen. Also join us in welcoming Ezmierlda to the ranks of Council.
Public ODS Events for Late March 03/21/2009 09:53 AM CDT
A session in the Riverhaven Integration Program (RIP) will be held on 3/25, 8:00 est, in the Orders Building Lobby. The Orders Building is just south of the Haven Bank. This program focuses on providing novices, or those new to Haven, information on how to best train and survive in, and around the town we call home. This particular session will focus on hunting tactics.

Another one of our standing educational programs called Herb Lore and Triage Discussion will be held on 3/26, 8:00 est, in Riverhaven's Town Hall. Town Hall is just a block to the west of the Pier and a few blocks south of the bank. Come on out and pick up tips on favor gathering in Haven, herb lore, how to find and work in Haven triage during invasions, and general information topics of interest.

Come on out, meet some shielders, and gain some knowledge. No matter how advanced you are, everyone always seems to learn a thing or two when they attend these sessions.
ODS Wedding 03/21/2009 11:49 AM CDT
Sebestyen the ODS Treasurer is marrying Drexella the ODS Commander on Sunday the 29th at 9pm ET. You're invited to attend and make sure they know they can't just take the money and run afterward. There will be stuff. There will be food. And drinks. And entertainment. And gifts. And squirrels. Oh yes, there will be squirrels. Hah!

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
ODS Membership News 05/02/2009 02:16 PM CDT
Somehow, with all the undead roaming around Therengia ODS was able to add another member to the ranks. Please welcome and congratulate Myerelle on sucessfully completing the recruitment process and becoming an official member of the Order!
ODS Membership News 05/16/2009 08:56 AM CDT
Please join ODS in welcoming Nethia to the ranks of Dragon Shielders! I know it won't be easy to give her a congratulatory pat on the back or hug, while dodging blows from undead or laboring in triage, but I'm sure you will find a way to do so.
ODS Membership News 06/20/2009 08:18 AM CDT
Please congratulate Rheela on joining the ODS Council.
ODS Membership News 09/05/2009 09:19 AM CDT
Please join all of ODS in welcoming our newest member to our ranks, Khohan!

Congratulations are also in welcoming our newest member of Council, Hammerfist!
ODS September Events Open to the Public 09/06/2009 09:53 AM CDT
Strike Force, the military arm of the Order regularly opens its training exercises to members of the Order and the general public. Interested in learning group dynamics and techniques during battle, or curious to see how ODS rallies to defend Riverhavena and Therengia, then this is for you. Training is scheduled for Mondays 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, and 9/28, all begin at 8:25 pm est in the Riverhaven Orders Office. The office is just north of Town Hall square, between the Market Building and the Bank. Town Hall Square is just one NW of the pier.

We sponsor a Town Hall meeting, this month's is scheduled for Wednesay 9/9, 10:00 pm est, in the Assembly Hall in you guessed it Riverhaven's Town Hall. Enter Town hall, past the stairs, and through the double doors. You'll find snacks, drinks, discusion on matters of interest to those who call Riverhaven and Therengia home or just like passing through, and a guest speaker or two.

ODS is holding an event to demonstrate to all where the primary Triage and alternate Triage locations now reside due to the mana storm that turned things upside down for most magic users. Discussion will also be focused on how Triage operates, and the part you can play in supporting or utilizing Triage when the town is under attack. The event kicks off on Saturday 9/12 at 9:00 pm est, and Sunday 9/13 at 9:00 pm est, meet in Riverhanven Temple. Each triage location will be blessed to bring the good will of the gods to these very important location during this event, and I hear that the ODS planners may have come up with a surprise or two to keep things intersting beyond information sharing and location blessings.

Keep a close eye on the DR events calendar for any additinal ODS events that arise in September, changes to day/time, or cancellations. You can also stop by orderofthedragonshield.com, where we maintain an event calendar for all ODS events, and have lots of information avilable if you are curious to learn more about ODS.
Re: ODS September Events Open to the Public 09/06/2009 06:33 PM CDT
Thank you Liock!

A correction due to how the Commander had inserted the events into the ODS calendar:

The triage event across the lake is being put together and hosted by Court Advisor Wyndz. We're working together to put the events back to back in Haven and Theren.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
ODS Membership News 9/09 09/20/2009 06:13 PM CDT
Please congratulate the newest member of ODS - Nithhogr, and Grymmlen for achieving the position of Alternate Council Member.
ODS Membership News 10-2-09 10/02/2009 10:21 PM CDT
Please offer your congratulations to our newest Dragon Shielder, Balladona, and to Hual for ascending to the position of Alternate Council Member.
ODS Membership News 11-6-09 11/07/2009 04:53 PM CST
Please offer your congratulations to our newest Dragon Shielder, Ahnjel, and to Darkskye for ascending to the position of Vice Commander. Speical thanks go out to Renlak for his service as Vice Commander through times of war, peace, and revelry.