The Great Scavenge 12/06/2004 05:44 PM CST
Up for a challenge? Participate in the Great Scavenge! It's a giant five-day-long Elanthia-wide scavenger hunt, and this time, all the items are edible. Read the rules, read the list, pick up a bag and hunt!

Rules-

There are 75 items, found in locations scattered all across Elanthia. They could be anywhere, in any city. There are no boundaries. All items may be acquired by any person of any guild. No creatures must be killed to get any item. Some items must be bought, some will be free. The total cost of all items is less than 1000 coppers. Some item locations may require crossing dangerous areas. Please be aware where is dangerous and where is not before you go there! There will be no credit given for items that you had found, but ate. If you must eat items before they are counted, be sure to get an extra.

There is a gift box at the gazebo of Jadewater Mansion in Crossing with the official scavenging sacks. Please pick one up to hold all your items and do not put anything other than items on the list into it until after the event to avoid confusion. You may begin scavenging items whenever you want. Items will be counted at 5 PM EST on Saturday, December 11th, at the gazebo of Jadewater Mansion in Crossing. Please plan to be back to Crossings by this time! Please know how many items you have when you arrive at the counting session. Only those contending for winning places will be verified by an official counting. Those with the most different items from the list win! Questions and concerns may be directed to the Forums at Official and Player-Run Organizations, Mentors and Mentoring.

And now, the list:

-a blood orange
-a bone-shaped familiar treat
-a bowl of barley gruel
-a bowl of salt gar soup
-a bowl of savory lamb stew
-a bowl of scorpionfish bisque
-a bowl of stewed prickly pears
-a bowl of sugared fudge ice
-a bright red apple
-a chocolate mint nugget
-a chocolaty sliced orange
-a cup of boilroot tea
-a cup of buttermilk
-a cup of green tea
-a cup of honeyed milk
-a cup of lemonroot tea
-a fried cinnamon cruller
-a glass of Celestial red wine
-a glass of chilled lemon water
-a glass of cold ewe milk
-a glass of plum champagne
-a golden-brown journey cake
-a gummy dolphin
-a hazelnut cougar's paw
-a hunk of fresh bread
-a hunk of goat cheese
-a juicy peach
-a mug of fenberry tea
-a mug of house golden ale
-a mug of yak milk coffee
-a pickled gidii egg
-a pint of golden lager
-a plate of Harvasa rice
-a popover
-a poppy-seed roll
-a skewer of curried chicken
-a slice of cheesy cucumber sandwich

And there's more!

-a slice of cinnamon bread
-a slice of glazed ham
-a slice of hard-crusted bread
-a slice of moon cheese
-a slice of olive bread
-a slice of yellow cornbread
-a square of pumpkin cornbread
-a strip of barbecued thunderlamb
-a sugar-coated plum
-a sweetwater fizzy
-a wine-poached golden pear
-a tall glass of stagnant rainwater
-an acorn salad
-some almond-coconut shrimp
-some bibbleberries
-some braided bread
-some carob-coated groundnuts
-some cheese and crackers
-some chocolate creampuffs
-some chocolate dokoras
-some cinnamon
-sugar almonds
-some crispy salmon croquettes
-some dried salmon
-some fresh baked lasencorec
-some garlic fried potatoes
-some golden cloudberries
-some herbed dumplings
-some lanahh pao
-some plump purple grapes
-some raspberries
-some red radishes
-some roasted hickory nuts
-some rye crackers
-some squeaky curds
-some sweet honeydew pickles
-some thornberries
-some wild sorrel soup
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/07/2004 08:07 AM CST
Are there any items in premium-only locations?

-Cliff

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/07/2004 09:32 AM CST
There are not. I got every single one of these items myself, and I'm no longer a premium subscriber. That's not to say there might not accidentally be some that are located in premium spots... I tried to avoid choosing any that are, but I no longer have access to check. Suffice it to say that all items ARE available in non-premium areas.

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
http://www.geocities.com/ymtemi
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/07/2004 09:46 AM CST
Thanks

-Cliff

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 07:30 AM CST
I take it that the item has to be exactly as listed? "A piece of goat cheese" is not the same as "a hunk of goat cheese"?

-Lundgaard
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 02:34 PM CST
Yes, that's right. It needs to be directly as stated. There is one problem on the list I discovered which I would like everyone to be aware of. In the middle of the second part of the list, it has two items listed

-some cinnamon
-sugar almonds

which is actually only one item, and should be

-some cinnamon-sugar almonds

Sorry if this confused anyone! Please let any fellow hunters you see know.

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 02:40 PM CST
Got a quick quest Tsarenzi. I have found a few places where it would seem I could get some cloudberries, but they are out of season right now, the bushes not having berries until summer. I'm still looking elsewhere, but just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks!

-Starfay

"Then I began to notice that there were some quaint little specks floating in the rays of the moonlight....I watched them with a sense of soothing, and a sort of calm stole over me."
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 03:08 PM CST
Are there suppose to be 74 or 75 items then? Thanks.

Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 05:58 PM CST
If the cloudberries are out of season, then that's one less item everyone will be finding. I tried to pick items that the season shouldn't interfere with, but this is easier said than done. My disclaimer is that all items are equally findable by anyone. There may be locations that they can be found. However, if they are not findable anywhere, you won't be at any disadvantage to anyone else.

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 06:00 PM CST
There are supposed to be 75, and I'm going to be looking over the list in detail to see what was forgotten. A quick opinion poll: would you rather have the last item added here, or reduce the amount to 74?

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 06:15 PM CST
>However, if they are not findable anywhere, you won't be at any disadvantage to anyone else.

Unless someone happened to have one beforehand.

-Cliff

Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 06:48 PM CST
I'd vote to have the count reduced to 74. I've already been to some of the more distant places, and I wouldn't really want to take the trip again for one item that was omitted.

-Lundgaard
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/08/2004 07:13 PM CST
All right. I was actually able to get the news updated, so the cinnamon-sugar almonds is now fixed, and I've had the omitted item added back in. -a bowl of salt-gar stew, in addition to the soup. And I'll give you guys an extra hint by promising that it is not located in a distant location. So it shouldn't take you far out of your way to get it.

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/09/2004 10:08 PM CST
Has anyone determined whether cloudberries can be found in spring?

-Lundgaard
Re: The Great Scavenge 12/10/2004 04:22 AM CST
All the cloudberry bushes I have come across are bare (the Asrey ones, Crossing empath housing and 1 on Ratha so far). I am thinking if they are avaliable, it'll be as free food or in a shop. Still keeping an eye open for that too...just glad they got taken from the list...hehe...Kyth's Elothean and doesn't have a whole lot of hair to pull out as it is!
:P

Kythryn