Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 04:47 AM CDT
Greetings,

I have a small request (I hope) concerning mentors.

I have applied several times to be a mentor, but unfortunately was not accepted. (I assume I wasn't accepted as I never heard anything back)

Now as I have been playing for around 5 years, have several 60+ characters and have frequented most parts of the realms at some point, I would hope that it is not my experience that is lacking.

I therefore must assume that it was either due to me being unsuitable for some reason (which I would have hoped would be made clear to me, such that I may have a chance to remedy any such impediment) or else there was no requirement for mentors of my requested guilds at the time.

Hoping it was the latter (because I'm not that bad, honest !) can we perhaps have some indication of the guilds that are short of mentors, those which have just enough and those that have a healthy collection of.

If for no other reason, it may well encourage characters of a shortage guild to apply, thus filling any such shortages.

In anticipation

Zee
Re: Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 10:00 AM CDT
You can write to Maece in person to ask why your application was turned down, though she may not have the information if it was a while ago, I'm not certain. I do know however, that she will not tell anyone else who asks her on your behalf, and you have to ask personally. You can't even have another mentor ask for you.

Tsarenzi

Roleplaying Info-
http://www.geocities.com/ymtemi

Been Missing Me?-
http://www.geocities.com/ymtemi/tsarenzi
Re: Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 10:58 AM CDT
Yes, please send me a note. If a person is rejected, they will receive an email regarding this. So either your application didn't get through, your ISP didn't like my ISP, or your play.net address isn't updated.

The process is also not an overnight one, but it doesn't take 6 months either.

Hope this helps.

~Maece

[[Space for Rent]]
Re: Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 11:15 AM CDT
Right now we are not seeing ANY applications totally ignored if they arrive on the GM's desk. You WILL receive some response. However, we have seen there is some glitch with our application process at the moment. We encourage you to fill out the application on the Mentor web site (which can be found on the Links page of the main DragonRealms/Simutronics site), and then follow up with an email to Maece letting her know to watch for your application (DR-Maece@play.net).

Please also make sure your play.net account is linked to a valid email address. This is the number one reason people get no response to their application. We respond, but the email bounces back invalid.

As far as what guilds we are short on....

You can look at the sign on Jadewater Lawn, so this is public knowledge. We have about 35 mentors right now. Ten guilds, you do the math. There is no guild with a full Mentor team, and most are very short.

I recommend you apply to become a Mentor as whichever character you consider your primary played character. We require that you commit ten hours to active Mentoring each month. My experience is that people who join the Mentors on a secondary character frequently have trouble meeting their hours commitment due to not being "on" that character when things come up to be done.

Requirements for mentorship are: Above 15th circle in your (Mentor character's) guild, at least 6 months clear record (free of warnings, for example), ability to express yourself clearly (spelling and grammar count), a demonstrated ability to role play and desire to help newcomers to our Realms. You may not share access to your account with anyone else if you wish to become a Mentor.

We also note demonstrated attitude toward the game, other players, and the Mentor Society when we are considering an applicant. If someone has consistently said nasty things about the Mentor Society on the boards, for example, then applies...what do you think we're going to think about that?

If you have applied in the past and not received a response, please apply again. If you have applied in the past (more than 6 months ago) and were refused due to problems with your record, please apply again. If you really want to be a Mentor, BE PROACTIVE. Talk to Mentors, write to Maece, show us your initiative.

I hope that helps.

Brynnhilde Oremsdottir
Training Chief
DragonRealms Lorethew Mentor Society
Re: Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 11:48 AM CDT
Many thanks for the swift replies, I'll apply again and see what happens.

Zee
Re: Mentor shortages 05/13/2004 02:35 PM CDT
Brynnhilde Oremsdottir
Training Chief
DragonRealms Lorethew Mentor Society

aka DA SOCIETY'S ROCK ;-)

~Maece

[[Space for Rent]]