waste of space called the order headquarters 07/30/2008 12:22 AM CDT
with resources as tight as they seem to be and the fact that getting things coded takes years sometimes I am wondering why the powers that be would create a building that is so flawed. the meeting rooms have doors that close but cannot be lock so your meetings can be private. the speaker podium does not have control of the room so you can quiet a person or give then voice as needed. the entire building is a drain on ranger bonus as I have been told by several rangers who wish to not attend meetings there because of it. and I'm sure there are other problems I have yet to come upon. I think it would be to the benefit of all involved it the bugs are worked out before a building is placed in the realms. just my opinion

Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 07/30/2008 12:44 AM CDT
Funny that this thread should show up now, since I've been having a discussion with fellow OWR Councillors about just this issue. While I'm pleased with the addition of the HQ, I'm forced to agree with the previous poster's feedback on the issues of the meeting rooms.

It would be really great if we could have hushing mechanics in the lecture halls and meeting rooms as well as locking doors so that we can carry on private order business. The ranger bonus issue is another important one, so if the place could be made at least neutral, that would be awesome!

Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/03/2008 09:33 AM CDT
It would be nice as well if the public was able to enter the recruiting rooms and get flyers.

--The player of too many, all of which are fictions in a fantasy game and none of which are me.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself." -- Archibald MacLeish
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/03/2008 10:33 PM CDT
>It would be nice as well if the public was able to enter the recruiting rooms and get flyers.

I hadn't heard of that being a problem. I thought anyone could get a flyer from any of the rooms.
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/07/2008 07:28 PM CDT
Last time I tried to take a non 0rder member into the head quarters to get a flyer they could not enter the building. Perhaps it has been fixed.

--The player of too many, all of which are fictions in a fantasy game and none of which are me.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself." -- Archibald MacLeish
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/07/2008 08:35 PM CDT
You have to enter on your own, groups can't be led into or out of it. I know for the grand opening, anyone could come inside.
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/09/2008 12:38 AM CDT
Yes, at the grand opening anyone could and for at least one other specific event. However, when a friend tried to follow me in on a different day, they could not. Hopefully it has been fixed.

Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/11/2008 03:11 AM CDT
Just to comment. Your opinion sucks. That Order building is appreciated not only by myself but by the majority of those that belong to the various Orders. While it may or may not be perfect it is one thing that until recently Orders did not have. That one thing is development. It may have its issues but it is the certainly a step in the right direction and calling it a waste of space is asinine and an insult to the hard work and dedication that went into its creation.

~Ternith Sjomah
___
And Shepherds we shall be,
for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/11/2008 03:31 AM CDT
I like the order HQ. It's interesting.

I like the added touch of having rooms named after historical figures. Especially the ones named after necromancers.

Rev. Reene

You quietly say, "I hate clowns."
>
Kssarh says to you, "Try dealing with them every day."
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/11/2008 10:05 AM CDT
What rooms exactly Caelumia? I must have missed the names the times I have visited the HQ.

Thanks for the heads up.

By my hand~

Aaiyaah Kenman
Speaker
Order of the Theren Guard
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/12/2008 04:10 AM CDT
>> What rooms exactly Caelumia? I must have missed the names the times I have visited the HQ.

The Sithsia room, namely.

Also, the square arch (which is ergo not an arch at all since arches are not square) still fills me with inexplicable nerdrage. :|

Rev. Reene

You quietly say, "I hate clowns."
>
Kssarh says to you, "Try dealing with them every day."
Re: waste of space called the order headquarters 08/12/2008 12:48 PM CDT
"A square arch being one in which the axis of the arch is perpendicular to the plane of the face of the arch."

"In a square arch the planes of the face and those of any parallel vertical planes are perpendicular to the planes of the faces of the abutments, ...."

William McFarland Patton, "A Treatise on Civil Engineering"