Recently returned and confused 09/04/2007 12:16 PM CDT
I'm wondering, is there some real organized Mob group in RiverHaven or something? things have been real aggressive there and yesterday it was crazy. This whole thing has been ruining my play because there is constantly someone getting threatened, harassed or killed, especially at the crate were the Empaths sit. Now.. I have had heard rumors of a Haven mafia. And my Empath has been threatened, my Warmage has been killed (though a fight was instigated, I didn't expect him to attack me again after my first loss and kill me). There has been alot of PKing and I'm just confused as to if I'm out of the loop on some evil official player run event/group or if this is just a bunch of high level snerties having a power trip.

Back when I used to play, I had people whisper to me and ask me if I wanted to participate in *said naughty thing, RP of evil* because that's how they ran their chars, and it was great for me cuz it took the personal feelings of frusteration away cuz I knew it was someone trying to have their own RolePlaying fun, and not some Real Life person who just wanted to throw their high level weight around in a game cuz they can't in real life, just because they felt like it.

Some people think people asking takes away from RolePlay value, but I dont' think so. I think it cuts the want to report down alot because you are willingly getting into a struggle against what yer char may or may not believe in and you don't have to worry about personal feelings getting in the way.

Anyways.. I got off on a tangent... sorry. I just want to know if this Mob thing is organized or what. If anyone can help clear my thoughts that'd be great

Let truth and honor always guide you,
Let courage find the light within.
Stand up when no one else is willing, Act not in hatred or in spite.
Be to this world as a perfect knight, Even if it means your life. ~Cruxshadows-Sophia
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/04/2007 01:43 PM CDT
For a while, Haven truly was a haven for assorted troublemakers who were more interested in making everyone else miserable than in real roleplay. I've not spent any extensive time there in years. I'm sad to hear that's happening again.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/04/2007 03:31 PM CDT
>high level... power trip

Sounds like you aren't confused at all.

~ Star Shaper Kougen Aensworth, Sage of Ilithi

"You PLANNED that?" - Rev. Reene
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/04/2007 05:29 PM CDT
While I can see your point, these people pay to play the game just like you do. From what I saw when I was there last night, no one violated any policies, and no one attacked anyone that wasn't "in" on the whole shenanigans. Granted, there have been instances I've heard of recently where folks have been bothered, but generally, the idea is, if you don't like it, there are a LOT of other, quieter places to hang around.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/06/2007 02:08 PM CDT
>> There has been alot of PKing and I'm just confused as to if I'm out of the loop on some evil official player run event/group or if this is just a bunch of high level snerties having a power trip.

What is the difference in your mind?

>> cuz I knew it was someone trying to have their own RolePlaying fun, and not some Real Life person who just wanted to throw their high level weight around in a game cuz they can't in real life, just because they felt like it.

Why are you assuming bad faith on the part of other people? That's hardly fair of you. Why don't you assume good faith?

Maybe it will help if you read this.

http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html

(shameless plug!)

Rev. Reene

(10:43:46 PM) Xelten: YOU PLAY A TEXT BASED RPG MAN, YOU ARE NOT COOL, PUT THE HAT THE RIGHT WAY
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/07/2007 11:45 AM CDT
Yeah that's true, I wasn't sure if they were in on it or not. But yeah, I left Haven and have kinda gone invasion chasing since then. Dragon priests = booboos= mindlock empathy. WEEE!

Thanks guys
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/07/2007 11:46 AM CDT
>>>> There has been alot of PKing and I'm just confused as to if I'm out of the loop on some evil official player run event/group or if this is just a bunch of high level snerties having a power trip.

What is the difference in your mind?<<

The difference would be.. someone having their evil fun w/respect to other players vs. someone who just wants to be a bully. Ya wanna terrorize & kill other peoples without their permission? Go play evil in D&D, evil players in D&D don't have to ask, chances are the other players KNOW your evil. Plus PC's are never usually more than 1 level away from where you are, so it's a pretty even match.

>>>> cuz I knew it was someone trying to have their own RolePlaying fun, and not some Real Life person who just wanted to throw their high level weight around in a game cuz they can't in real life, just because they felt like it.

Why are you assuming bad faith on the part of other people? That's hardly fair of you. Why don't you assume good faith?<<

When you can assume good faith about someone who's following you around and threatening to kill you cuz yer Empaths horse saw their friend hide... or cuz your defending someone verbally, lemme know. Even if it is a game, we play with other people, people being obnoxious are still annoying. Noone likes to see their character killed w/o permission. THAT is the part I am worried about.

Don't assume I'm some snobby person that doesn't want to have anything but the most perfecty perfect players around. If I was, I would be reporting and not asking other players if I had missed something. Noone I know IG really knows anything about it.

I have left Haven for new places anyways.

Let truth and honor always guide you,
Let courage find the light within.
Stand up when no one else is willing, Act not in hatred or in spite.
Be to this world as a perfect knight, Even if it means your life.
Re: Recently returned and confused 09/07/2007 03:12 PM CDT
>> When you can assume good faith about someone who's following you around and threatening to kill you cuz yer Empaths horse saw their friend hide... or cuz your defending someone verbally, lemme know.

I can, because I don't assume someone stops roleplaying just because they're being a jerk. I assume they're just trying to have fun like me. This is doubly true if I choose (that pesky word again) to insert myself into a situation by defending someone else or making a comment of some kind. At that point the responsibility for the conflict is as much on my shoulders as theirs.

>> Noone likes to see their character killed w/o permission.

I honestly don't mind when my character dies. It's just the temporary death of my imaginary character. It happens to the best and worst of us. I guess after dealing with over 150 of them I kind of stopped caring.

Rev. Reene

(10:43:46 PM) Xelten: YOU PLAY A TEXT BASED RPG MAN, YOU ARE NOT COOL, PUT THE HAT THE RIGHT WAY