Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 12:53 PM CST
Is there a reason that ASSESS TEACH doesn't show more than ten students when you are teaching a large class?

You are teaching a class on Targeted Magic which is still open to new students.
Your class includes:
Jeriad
Narice
Angelynna
Silvanus
Tyrun
Hackett
Devoney
Rylcus
Deeter
Avandar

> teach Targeted Magic to Garia
Garia is already listening to you. She needs to STOP LISTENING before you can teach her.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:01 PM CST
Because it's coded that way.

... and now it's not.

Welcome.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:10 PM CST
Man, I am going to be a sad panda when I have those 30+ student classes :(

__
AIM: Ysselt
As a bard, you can use SONG to list the enchantes you know.
You have learned Heart Link [hl], Nissa's Binding [nb] from scrolls and must maintain at least a high attunement to keep them.
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:14 PM CST
>>DR-Raesh: ... and now it's not.

Thanks!

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:25 PM CST
>>Man, I am going to be a sad panda when I have those 30+ student classes :(

It IS still capped, and if the scroll proves too extreme it's easy enough to drop the cap down again.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:28 PM CST
>>DR-Raesh: It IS still capped, and if the scroll proves too extreme it's easy enough to drop the cap down again.

What is the current cap?

Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 03:29 PM CST
30, and it'll let you know if you've hit it.

-Raesh

Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 05:34 PM CST
>Is there a reason that ASSESS TEACH doesn't show more than ten students when you are teaching a large class?

Huh. The 11th line USED to say "And a lot of other people". I wonder how long that's been gone.

~ Pansophist Kougen

"Tell me thy company, and I'll tell thee what thou art." - Miguel de Cervantes
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 05:52 PM CST
> Huh. The 11th line USED to say "And a lot of other people". I wonder how long that's been gone.

I think I remember noticing that it would only show that for 12 or more. So if you had 11, one of your students was a ninja.
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 05:54 PM CST
I don't remember it showing on ASSESS TEACH but it does still show with 10 or more students when you get your teaching messaging

1-10 listen, blah blah swine! Pearls!

Your other student also listens.

I know THAT is still there as of like 2 days ago.

__
AIM: Ysselt
As a bard, you can use SONG to list the enchantes you know.
You have learned Heart Link [hl], Nissa's Binding [nb] from scrolls and must maintain at least a high attunement to keep them.
Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 05:54 PM CST
I don't see that anywhere in the code.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of assess race?

-Raesh

Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 06:10 PM CST
Ack! Sniped by Ysselt.

That may be the source of confusion.

-Raesh

Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 06:32 PM CST
>Are you sure you aren't thinking of assess race?

Nope. Definitely not. I don't think I've seen it since before Teaching 2.0 was released in July 08, though. I'm guessing it got removed then.

~ Pansophist Kougen

Re: Assess Teach Only Shows 10 Most Recent Students 02/08/2011 06:38 PM CST
>I don't think I've seen it since before Teaching 2.0 was released in July 08, though.

Actually, don't listen to me. That was the first time you could even teach that many students.

Rare moments like these I wish I actually kept logs. Maybe it was only when it pulsed, but I remember the message differently for whatever reason.

~ Pansophist Kougen