LECTURE verb 12/10/2010 09:17 AM CST
You lecture, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Is this verb merely a role playing alternative to the SAY verb, or does it (still?) provide a bonus to teaching as it (allegedly) did before the teaching rewrite?

~ Kougen

You tap Ruea's nose with your willow tree.
Re: LECTURE verb 12/10/2010 09:28 AM CST
>>Kougen: does it (still?) provide a bonus to teaching as it (allegedly) did before the teaching rewrite?

Lavender and witch balls.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: LECTURE verb 12/10/2010 10:33 AM CST
>Lavender and witch balls.

Ehhhh, not quite the same category, which is partly why I bother to ask. Lecture demonstrably does something at least - e.g. "lecture Blah blah blah" actually gives you a large round time and prevents you from lecturing again for a while. Too short of a message returns "That's not much of a lecture." etc.

~ Kougen

>loot treasure
You search the s'sugi malchata.
The malchata was carrying 7 copper coins, 7 bronze coins, and 7 silver coins!
Re: LECTURE verb 12/10/2010 02:50 PM CST
>>Kougen: Ehhhh, not quite the same category, which is partly why I bother to ask. Lecture demonstrably does something at least - e.g. "lecture Blah blah blah" actually gives you a large round time and prevents you from lecturing again for a while. Too short of a message returns "That's not much of a lecture." etc.

On the other hand, there are some verbs that clearly "do something" and have roundtime or downtime even though they don't provide any tangible benefit (mechanically speaking). Chant, for example.

Lecture doesn't yield experience or boost any base stats. In the absence of messaging to the contrary, I would not assume that lecture provided any bonus to teaching.

When you think about it, it doesn't make sense that lecturing about a potentially unrelated topic would make my class more effective.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!