Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/19/2010 08:15 PM CDT
Instead of going TEACH TM BOB, I'd like to be able to just TEACH TM OPEN, which opens a general offer to teach a class. That offer can remain open until I decide to close it. That way, people can just walk in, assess teach, see that I'm offering to teach, and start listening, instead of having to ask someone to teach. Along with that, someone can leave (which may end the class if they're the last student), and then when they come back instantly start listening again without having to reboot the class.

Along with that, can TEACH OPEN be disconnected from the demeanor system? Just because I don't want people touching or hugging my character doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to listen to what I'm babbling about at an arm's length distance. I figure I'm opting into teaching everyone once I decide to open up my class to everyone, so why link it to my character's behavior on top of that?

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/19/2010 09:04 PM CDT
Ooh, I like having a general open for teaching option. I suppose it could end if you changed rooms and had no students, or something.

Another feature I'd like would be a way to swap between listening and observing (and vice versa) without leaving the class (this is especially important if it's a class of 1).

Maybe if you "listen to X observe", and you're already in X's class, instead of telling you to stop listening first, the system could simply make the swap?
Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/20/2010 05:07 PM CDT
While I somewhat like these ideas.

They seem like accuses for others (or perhaps even ourselves) to be less responsive to our environment.

Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/20/2010 09:10 PM CDT
An open teach option would allow for anyone in the room to join the class rather than offering it to every individual in succession. Could even be a teaching feat to teach openly.

It'd be nice for the skill to get some love and not worry wbout how easy it is to automate. The game can already be automated if you wrote a complex enough script. Don't try to dampen down game features to prevent it as people will always find a way to circumvent. See copy protection and software pirating if you doubt it.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/20/2010 10:18 PM CDT
>>They seem like accuses for others (or perhaps even ourselves) to be less responsive to our environment.

Not really. I just don't want to keep bugging people to join (or rejoin) a class that was being taught solo and ended because I left half for half a second.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/21/2010 06:37 AM CDT
What if there were simply a recess option that allowed the class to be paused while teacher or student went to take care of something and once everyone was in the same room you could end it and all would start learning again regardless of if it was 2 minutes or half an hour.

Think recess as in a court case not as in kindergarten.
Re: Always open for teaching + general teach open suggestion 09/21/2010 07:10 AM CDT
there is currently a system which does this - the horse "instruction" where you can pause and continue where you left off - but there is a "fixed" amount of time or "teaching" that has to take place for those cases, so i don't think it would be easily transfered to regular teaching.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath