Teach Room 02/02/2010 06:52 PM CST
I had this idea for a teaching improvement. It's really cool how once a class is started people can just listen to you, instead of like in the old days when you had to spam teach everyone manually. So how about we take the open class to the next level?

Instead of teaching a person you

Teach Evasion TO Room

What this does is starts teaching the subject to nobody at all, just the room. You gain no EXP of course until someone listens this is just a way of starting a class without needing a first guinea pig subject.

When you teach room everyone sees ___ prepares to start a class/lecture on evasion if you would like to listen in listen to _____or something similar. If you did so then the teaching class would go like it is now.

If nobody listens after 3-5 minutes then you automaticaly "You stop trying to begin a class on evasion as it seems nobody is interested". And you can just try again if you want.

The point being of course is this would be a simple elegant way of starting a class and letting the room know you want to start on class on so and so subject without having to randomly find that first student before you can just leave it open and let people join as they see fit. If nobody listens you learn nothing, and can just try again with a different skill.

Thoughts?

Re: Teach Room 02/02/2010 07:31 PM CST
I like this idea a lot.
Re: Teach Room 02/15/2010 08:31 PM CST
I think it's a great idea.

When others assess they could see, "G is prepared to begin a class on evasion, but no one is currently listening."

This would be a really great tool for teachers and people shopping for classes. Thanks for the brainstorm.

"You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Re: Teach Room 02/16/2010 12:19 PM CST
:)

I've also thought of another great use for teach room,

it's annoying when using teach avoid having to turn it on and off, right now at least you can listen to an ongoing class with it up.

With teach room you never have to worry about dropping avoid teach or that someone you are trying to teach has avoid teach up, no embarresment or irritation for anybody.

please make this happen