Opening classes 07/07/2009 11:19 PM CDT
Oh hi. It's me again.

Once again I'd like to ask that someone please make TEACH OPEN override demeanor.

THANK YOU.

Rev. Reene

Reene: I WILL BECOME MINILYRAS!
Devan: ... I thought you already were.
Re: Opening classes 07/08/2009 12:31 AM CDT
> Once again I'd like to ask that someone please make TEACH OPEN override demeanor.

Heh, the irony is that the reason demeanor was put in was to override open, since several people during testing wanted a way to keep people/races/guilds they didn't like from joining their open classes.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: Opening classes 07/08/2009 12:37 AM CDT
Is it possible to make the befriend list override TEACH OPEN without demeanor doing it as well?

I'd really like to sit around with open classes, but there are people that are unpleasant to have a neutral demeanor around and (shockingly) my befriend list is way, way too tiny to accommodate everyone that I don't want to be hugging, licking, kissing, or otherwise fondling my character.

Rev. Reene

Re: Opening classes 07/08/2009 02:27 AM CDT
Could the closed-class setting be move down to Cold? There's so little point to having both the sub-neutral demeanor with how little they're differentiated.

...or is the demeanor system actually only three states with two extra sets of fluff messaging?

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Opening classes 07/08/2009 02:30 AM CDT
Friendly/warm are differentiated by a few verbs, but I know of nothing that differentiates between cold/reserved.

I agree a lot of the stuff prohibited by reserved could probably be knocked down to cold.

Rev. Reene