Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 12:14 PM CDT
How about a new combat title for empaths. Just made Kaith Partani. How about a title for meeting double the requirements of Kaith Partani.
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 12:23 PM CDT
>request for a 1000 empathy title.

You mean you actually WANT to script PERC HEALTH just ot get a title?

Well, i'm not sure what Kaith means, but how about Joath Partani?

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 12:36 PM CDT
>>How about a new combat title for empaths. Just made Kaith Partani. How about a title for meeting double the requirements of Kaith Partani.

I really wish that pretty much every Empath title didn't have an Empathy req, which basically acts as a circle req.

The Thief titles, for instance, don't all have backstabbing requirements, and so on for other guilds with guild-only skills. But no.

It's especially annoying for Empath titles. Szrael has the combat reqs for every combat Empath title, but is lacking in either Empathy or first aid for most of them. It's frustrating. Only like 250 Empathy to go for Kaith Partani. D:

-- Player of Szrael --

"The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck." (Armifer)
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 05:22 PM CDT
Without the empathy, you're not a combat empath, you're just a handicapped commoner.

Then again, I suppose I'm just an angry commoner.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 10:04 PM CDT
>>Without the empathy, you're not a combat empath, you're just a handicapped commoner.

The Empathy is kind of a given for Empath guild-only titles.

It makes sense for a lot of the titles, sure, but by my count every single Empath title has an Empathy requirement. This would be like if all Thief titles required backstab, all MM titles required astrology...

It gets really old, and makes our titles little more than indicators of circles, since a lot of them have only an Empathy requirement, or a Empathy and a rudimentary FA requirement or something. We actually only have one Empath title with a foraging req, despite the opportunity for all kinds of herb/alchemy based titles. Similar for mechanical lore.

The Empath guild, basically, has only partially migrated from the circle-based titles.

It frustrates me whenever I think about it for too long.

-- Player of Szrael --

"The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck." (Armifer)
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/21/2009 11:25 PM CDT
>>It frustrates me whenever I think about it for too long.

That's my entire DR experience. =(

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/22/2009 01:44 AM CDT
>This would be like if all Thief titles required backstab, all MM titles required astrology...

Nah, should all require stealing. I mean come on, the guild name says it all!

:P

Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/22/2009 03:35 AM CDT
>>I mean come on, the guild name says it all!

Remind me to do up a formal proposal on a skill in Uncivilizedness.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/22/2009 12:57 PM CDT
>Remind me to do up a formal proposal on a skill in Uncivilizedness.

Hey, I've been pushing for a Barbarism skill for a while now.

Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/23/2009 02:05 AM CDT
>>Hey, I've been pushing for a Barbarism skill for a while now.

Actually, I take it back. We already have a Barbarism skill. It's called Animal Lore.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Empath Combat Title Please 04/23/2009 02:26 AM CDT
>Actually, I take it back. We already have a Barbarism skill. It's called Animal Lore.

I so wish.

Re: Empath Combat Title Please 12/12/2009 09:08 PM CST
>I really wish that pretty much every Empath title didn't have an Empathy req, which basically acts as a circle req.

Second that. I'd really like to see all the empathy + combat skill titles drop a specific empathy req and just require 'being an empath' instead too.

I'd also like to see a new 'set' of the combat titles that would reflect our overall armor+weapons, maybe mirror what a hunting guild would need. For example, a 10th circle Barbarian needs 80 weapons + 40 parry + 50 shield/armor + 20 multi = 190 combined armor/weapon ranks. Have an combat empath title (or even just a generic title) that when we get 190 combined armor/weapon ranks, we get something that mirrors our empathy/level based ones like "Combat Apprentice", with 400 combined armor/weapon ranks get "Combat Journeywoman/Journeyman", with 610 combined ranks "Combatant", with 860 combined ranks "Combat Expert", etc. I think it would be nice for empaths to be able to get a sense of where their combat skills are in relation to their level, esp. with contruct hunting opening up new avenues for weapon training. I could see these titles open for everyone actually, but would certainly like to have them as an empath...:)

Kythryn