Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/24/2016 01:42 PM CST
Prompted by the discussions, I went and got approval to open a project to get more titles added. Please note that on the document linked below, there are TWO tabs. Please try to keep the Crafting ones on the crafting tab and an other Lore ones on the Lore tab. The current plan is to make Crafting it's own category and we'd like to add in hooks for prestige. You're welcome to simply add titles or titles and suggested requirements. Final requirements will be up to the approval of the senior staff and will be made available once the titles are getting plugged into the system.

As usual with these suggestion drives, please don't delete or deface someone elses' stuff. The drive will be open for about a month.

http://tinyurl.com/LoreAndCraftingTitles

Thanks!

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/24/2016 11:41 PM CST
What about a tab/category for titles based on how many Work Orders you've turned in at a society? Could even be a title that can be granted by the craft society leader, and still only usable via scroll/subscription. Say, like, 1000 easy work orders could get you "Society Helper" and 1000 Hard work orders could get you "Society contributer" and 1000 easy, challenging, and hard could get you "Society Leader" or a post title like "Favored by (society leader)"

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/24/2016 11:58 PM CST
> What about a tab/category for titles based on how many Work Orders you've turned in at a society?

I'm pretty sure those are only tracked on the logbook, not the character.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 12:22 AM CST

>>I'm pretty sure those are only tracked on the logbook, not the character.

Yes, and so you would be able to show your log book to your society leader, they would see the number in it, and could reward you with a title thusly for the numbers shown in the book. You can get the same amount of prestige for doing 70 hard work orders as you can doing 300 easy work orders, so you could earn a prestige title both ways, but I think the act of doing say, 300 easy work orders,should merit its own title as well.

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 12:23 AM CST
>>I'm pretty sure those are only tracked on the logbook, not the character.

Prestige is tracked on the character from what Kodius has said in the past. (also basing that upon stamps supposedly giving some prestige and prestige decay)

So it would make sense to have it tied to prestige (which is the whole point of work orders anyways in terms of gaining titles from the work)

Naohhi has added a section on the google doc for prestige titles..

Hope it gets added. I would love to be Peerless Carver.. and have to be getting close to Illustrious Carver.. I think my primary goal in this game is to eventually be a Legendary Carver based upon prestige.. lol
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 12:26 AM CST
I understand. But I'm saying I don't think titles can be assigned based on workorders completed, because those aren't tracked on the character.

Naohhi, could you consider a new standard rank category? Along the lines of Savant, Master, Grandmaster, Guru, Legend, etc. Right now those top out at Legend at 1250. I'd like to see one for 1750. Maybe <skill> Ideal or <skill> Perfecter.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 12:28 AM CST
ah well yeah I don't see how they would do that either. I was confused. Just figured it out.. you were replying to a post from a year ago lol.

Anyways.. She can add the titles in anyways just based off Prestige and it works out.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 12:34 AM CST

The are tracked in so much as the bond to the log with the character when you rub the log, right? And numerical values are associated in the log. So you show the log, that is bonded to you, to the machine, and the machine spits something back out based on the numerical values in the log, that is solely bonded to you.

Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 01:23 AM CST

Initiate
Journeyman
Skilled
Adept
Veteran
Elite
Grand
Illustrious
Glorious
Exalted
Legendary

lumberjill
axeman
woodcutter
treefaller
timbermen
gin-pole
sawmen
Barker
splitter
woodhick
harvester
clear cutter
selective logger
woodsmen
arborist
log driver

relief carver
whittler
treen maker
chip carver
shaper
woodworker
woodturner
fluter
shipwright
boatbuilder

Sword smith
sanmei
pounder
folder
Honer
Smelter
One-sided jians
Samindo
welder
temperer
razer maker
war provider
power hammer
pattern welder
tamahagane

Tinkerwright
potmender
Gearhead
seige expert
machinist
millwright
meddler
experimenter

Rockhand
geoligist
stonehand
stoner
granite
chipper
miner

Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 01:35 PM CST
All of those crafting titles you suggested are still in the document. I just moved them to the crafting tab where they belong to keep things organized.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 04:13 PM CST
// Work orders
Not possible.

//Prestige.
Possible once I add code to handle it.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 05:05 PM CST

Fantastic!!
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 02/25/2016 08:09 PM CST
I think sculpter (sp?) would be a good title for those who carve stone.

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.

Abraham Lincoln

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html#QHdX1KWUxuDHdcHr.99
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 03/01/2016 11:17 PM CST
For the life of me i can't think up anything special for under the prestige category.

Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 03/02/2016 01:22 AM CST
If that category works like I would like to see it work.. the titles are already in place. They are the prestige levels..

So like if you do a butt ton of work orders and get to famous prestige.. and you read the prestige board and it tells you that you are a Famous Carver.. that would be the title you can use.

Don't really need to add any for it since they are already there for each profession just waiting to be used lol.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 03/04/2016 02:37 PM CST

Sure but, "Legendary Shaper" or "Legendary Carver" just dont feel like they have enough ooomph to them. "Legendary Blacksmith" sounds pretty awesome though, so does "Legendary Alchemist."

Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 03/04/2016 02:42 PM CST
>>Sure but, "Legendary Shaper" or "Legendary Carver" just dont feel like they have enough ooomph to them. "Legendary Blacksmith" sounds pretty awesome though, so does "Legendary Alchemist."

What's the difference?
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 03/04/2016 03:21 PM CST
Legendary Carver sounds pretty awesome to me.

I wouldnt want it to be anything other than that.
Re: Lore and Crafting Title Suggestion Drive 08/08/2017 05:10 PM CDT

How about Legendary Crafter, Loremaster, Dexterous, Manipulator?