Mining for large rocks and boulders? 10/03/2018 09:00 PM CDT
Is there any way to get more large rocks and boulders instead of tons of pebbles? Outdoorsmanship is well over 600, still getting one or two large rocks and lots of little useless ones. Any suggestions?
Re: Mining for large rocks and boulders? 10/03/2018 09:05 PM CDT
I don't know of any command to focus on the larger pieces, but IIRC, using a pickaxe instead of a shovel will "empty" a vein faster, possibly it will yield larger pieces of rock on average too?

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: Mining for large rocks and boulders? 10/04/2018 06:38 AM CDT
It also wouldn't be so bad if the sizes of the source materials and the end products made any sense at all. The fact that it takes a 2000 stone large rock to make a 12 stone slickstone with no useful remaining bits is ridiculous even for "I can cast magic with my mind" standards.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Mining for large rocks and boulders? 10/04/2018 09:16 AM CDT
Or a way to combine the smaller pieces into a larger one, such as 10 pebbles can be combined to make 1 rock/stone. It kills me I either have to waste a deed on a pebble if I want to keep it while keeping my characters burden down. And I cant just leave it laying around or it self-destructs.
Re: Mining for large rocks and boulders? 10/15/2018 06:10 PM CDT
Skill has a relatively minor effect on the size of what you mine. My moon mage in TF has near-capped stats auction-quality tools and still routinely gets pebbles. Perhaps the distribution skews more to larger items, but I don't pay attention to rocks, only metals.

Outdoorsmanship: 1693