Only APP capping... 07/12/2016 10:23 PM CDT

I didn't realize mining would cap out only Appraisal, any insight on why I can still learn Outdoors/Percep but not appraisal?

Appraisal: 907 50.63% dabbling (1/34)
Perception: 949 13.10% very rapt (31/34)
Outdoorsmanship: 817 15.02% mind lock (34/34)
Re: Only APP capping... 07/12/2016 10:45 PM CDT
Appraisal probably caps out because it's scaled based on aspects of mining that don't really change such as ore values or danger detection difficulty, whereas the others skills are based on the aspects of mining that do scale with skill such as finding greater volumes of stuff.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Only APP capping... 07/12/2016 10:53 PM CDT

Makes sense, disappointing since mining for worthwhile stuff is so time consuming, but makes sense, thanks.
Re: Only APP capping... 07/14/2016 07:34 AM CDT
I just figured from the GM post on it that PROSPECT taught all 3, actually mining just taught PErception+Outdoorsmanship. That is what I recall from reading the announcement on it, but that's been years since I've read it.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Only APP capping... 07/17/2016 12:42 AM CDT

Ah, maybe that's it then... I just hadn't mined in forever (got tired of never finding anything and my "rare" drops were always darkstone or muracite), and thought I had remembered app moving along with perc/outdoors.
Re: Only APP capping... 07/19/2016 11:55 PM CDT
From Kodius' mining announcement post:

>The two verbs used in mining are PROSPECT and MINE. PROSPECT uses appraisal, perception and foraging to analyze an area for its mineability, geology type, and available stone and metal.

>MINE applies Foraging skill and Strength to dig for resources

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear